Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 ... 612

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4335 : March 23, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

Biggs, you could "insert CB here" and that person has everything to do with the trade.  Not sure how some of you rather intelligent posters don't understand SUPPLY & DEMAND.  Jets have the supply and can demand a kings ransom.  Or, they can hold on to Revis and try to strike a new contract with him, which is what I believe their intentions are, all while listening to trade offers, just in case.

What if Revis won't except the new deal and hits FA to see what he can get? I mean the guy will get his money.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4336 : March 23, 2013, 04:43:43 PM

The Wright trade reports would only give leverage to the Jets if there was another team besides the Bucs wanting to trade for Revis.  The Jets HAVE to trade Revis at some point or risk losing him for nothing more than a compensatory pick. 

The Bucs know they are the only team interested in trading so they can do whatever the heck they want with their current CBs, it doesn't effect the situation at all.  If the Jets even thought about using this as leverage (which they wont), the Bucs could just say we very confident in Johnson and Gorrer and we will also draft two CBs in this draft and we are covered if they dont get Revis.  This report means nothing to the Jets but it may mean the Bucs are clearing cap room for an impending deal....who knows

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4337 : March 23, 2013, 04:56:04 PM

The Wright trade reports would only give leverage to the Jets if there was another team besides the Bucs wanting to trade for Revis.  The Jets HAVE to trade Revis at some point or risk losing him for nothing more than a compensatory pick. 

I don't get this...we just signed Dashon.  What did the Niners get?  Nothing.  This whole have to trade or get nothing is hilarious.  Teams have been getting nothing for years when a free agent leaves.  Hence, the term FREE AGENCY!!!!  Duh.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4338 : March 23, 2013, 04:58:06 PM

Revis is not a free agent. he's only allowed to be traded or released.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4339 : March 23, 2013, 05:02:56 PM

I never said he was.  I was responding to the post that if the Jets don't trade him they get nothing but a comp pick.  People are operating under the assumption that the Jets HAVE to trade him.  They don't nor does Revis have to agree to a contract.  He has every right to wait and test the market.  He can pull a Flacco and play at a high level and see what the market bears.  The Jets don't have to do anything.  They are under zero pressure to trade him.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4340 : March 23, 2013, 05:06:46 PM

Though the trade may occur, I think the media created this more than anything.  A few publications put us as a possible landing spot for Revis IF the Jets made a trade.  IMHO, Mark made a pitch for Revis not the other way around.  The Jets were NOT shopping him but were willing to listen.  They could still mend the fences and offer him a decent deal.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#4341 : March 23, 2013, 05:08:11 PM

The Bucs getting anything for Wright and his $7Mil contract is one of the funniest headlines I've ever read on NFL.com.  Why would ANYONE trade for a guy we are going to cut anyway?  Everyone knows we are going to at the least cut and renegotiate with Wright.  All anyone who wants him has to do, is wait and offer a little more.  I agree that trading Wright has NOTHING to do with Revis.  Wright is only part of the Bucs plans as a last resort, if that.  If any GM gives up so much as a can of "tough actin' Tinactin" for E. Wright, then they deserve some kind of Darwin Award.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4342 : March 23, 2013, 05:09:15 PM

I never said he was.  I was responding to the post that if the Jets don't trade him they get nothing but a comp pick.  People are operating under the assumption that the Jets HAVE to trade him.  They don't nor does Revis have to agree to a contract.  He has every right to wait and test the market.  He can pull a Flacco and play at a high level and see what the market bears.  The Jets don't have to do anything.  They are under zero pressure to trade him.

That would be good for the Bucs. Seeing how they are top 5 in cap space. This shows the Jets have no leverage.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4343 : March 23, 2013, 05:15:05 PM

Biggs, you could "insert CB here" and that person has everything to do with the trade.  Not sure how some of you rather intelligent posters don't understand SUPPLY & DEMAND.  Jets have the supply and can demand a kings ransom.  Or, they can hold on to Revis and try to strike a new contract with him, which is what I believe their intentions are, all while listening to trade offers, just in case.
like Biggs said, the whole NFL knows that Wright is either taking a substantial paycut or he won't be on the roster.

Wright doesn't impact the trade at all. Losing Wright doesn't make our secondary worse. He was as bad as anyone.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#4344 : March 23, 2013, 05:19:05 PM

IMHO Brent Grimes and Darrelle Revis will be wearing pewter and red next season. That's the only reason why I think they would trade wright without trying to get him a pay cut. That's to me what I think their plan is.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4345 : March 23, 2013, 05:21:26 PM

That would be good for the Bucs. Seeing how they are top 5 in cap space. This shows the Jets have no leverage.

LOL.  Wow.  Did you even read what I typed?  The Jets DO NOT have to trade him.  There's no leverage.  They can renegotiate his deal anytime.  They were never shopping him to begin with.  We offered what we thought was a fair deal.  If it goes, great.  If not, we still needs cb's.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4346 : March 23, 2013, 05:34:09 PM

LOL.  Wow.  Did you even read what I typed?  The Jets DO NOT have to trade him.  There's no leverage.  They can renegotiate his deal anytime.  They were never shopping him to begin with.  We offered what we thought was a fair deal.  If it goes, great.  If not, we still needs cb's.

Yes I did. I agree that we need corners. You also said he could pull a flacco and hit the market. What can the Jets do if Revis wanted to test the market? Nothing, Tampa could wait and outbid them later.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#4347 : March 23, 2013, 05:44:32 PM

I wonder what would happen if the Revis situation was mostly a media created situation and any talks between the Bucs and Jets were much more preliminary than thought yet the media ran with it as if it were inevitable.

While I do believe there's a lot of mutual interest, I haven't understood why the Jets "have" to trade him.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4348 : March 23, 2013, 05:45:50 PM

Yes I did. I agree that we need corners. You also said he could pull a flacco and hit the market. What can the Jets do if Revis wanted to test the market? Nothing, Tampa could wait and outbid them later.

Ahhhh...I get what you're saying now.  I said that before.  Just go get him next year.  BUT I think Mark Mark is feeling the heat and can't wait.  Five years without any playoffs is fire worthy.  Dom knows this might be his last year.  So, HE has urgency...moreso than the Jets even.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#4349 : March 23, 2013, 05:59:28 PM

I hope something happens Anom. The drought is getting to me too and if it wasn't for my patients I would be irate about the Corner situation. I just believe Dom will get something done, Why wouldn't he.
Page: 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools