Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 ... 612

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#4455 : March 24, 2013, 09:03:07 PM

Hell even if we dont get Revis we probly wont have much room left.....Although theres always a bunch of guys we could probly release to free up some room.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4456 : March 24, 2013, 09:07:32 PM

Freeman's going to get a raise and if the Bucs franchise him, he'll be a big number against the cap.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#4457 : March 24, 2013, 09:10:35 PM

^
^
^
^
^
Yup......assuming we keep him, which at the moment, I believe we will.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#4458 : March 24, 2013, 09:15:02 PM

Yeah, if the Bucs don't keep him, it's all moot. It means the team and the QB did poorly enough that it's time to reboot again.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#4459 : March 24, 2013, 09:21:32 PM

Bucs should stick with Free.

Getting closer to 300 pages!!! All for nothing probably!

Thanks for the sig Java!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4460 : March 24, 2013, 09:53:40 PM

Seems funny that schiano knows all about it, and is licking his chops to bring in revis. While Ryan doesn't know anything other than no one talking to him about it.

Doesn't seem that funny to me since the current GM had nothing to do with Rex's hiring.

I'll take your word for it hate. I'm not an expert on their FO in any form.

Just saying, it's all weird over there to me. If Ryan is placeholder, and they're rebuilding, why even keep him? Why not try a two, or even a one year term, with someone else?

I'm not saying it is, and I'm not saying it isn't.. but isn't it slightly possible the bucs are going to use the "we tried and came up short, but at least we tried(without spending)" thing again?I mean, I'm damn glad we snatched up goldson, but that's not going to be enough. Given the history of this franchise, I don't doubt they'd come at us with something along the lines of "homegrown talent" or maybe the old "potential" routine. I cannot accept that if the homegrown talent should really be waterboys.

So you think this alleged pursuit of Revis is just a sham?
unless the team is signing an All Pro every day, the Glazers will be deemed cheap by some people.

Aren't we still about 30 million under the cap and doing absolutely nothing more in FA ? I think it has more to do with that....

Would you rather spend the 30 Million on Sean Smith, Derek Cox, Michael Bennett, Roy Miller OR Darrelle Revis, Mike Williams, Josh Freeman, Gerald Mccoy.

You realize the money the Bucs are saving this year is going directly into Mike Williams's extension...

I'm not saying it's right or wrong , I'm just telling you why people think they are cheap.  They have a decent argument at this point.  I'm holding out judgement a while longer.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4461 : March 24, 2013, 09:56:14 PM

We will get Revis on draft day.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4462 : March 24, 2013, 09:56:38 PM

Shoot, I'm still waiting for the "tiger woods"-like signing they talked about years ago.

Taking into account who said it, that statement carried little credibility.

It isn't just that one issue though.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less, but we were never in the running realistically for big Al, when his demands were high before his dramatic fail. Scrabble, the same.

I'm glad we whiffed on these guys, but at some point you have to figure it hurts their credibility with not only the fans, but future FAs if they keep swinging and missing.

It happens so often, especially with the positions we need (just letting FA's walk by), yet we're supposed to be led to believe they're "active?" (And that's directly from Joel)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4463 : March 24, 2013, 09:57:56 PM

I'm not saying it's right or wrong , I'm just telling you why people think they are cheap.  They have a decent argument at this point.  I'm holding out judgement a while longer.

With the $$ given to Goldson, Vjax and Nicks.... and wasted on Wright, how is the argument decent?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4464 : March 24, 2013, 10:01:23 PM

With the $$ given to Goldson, Vjax and Nicks.... and wasted on Wright, how is the argument decent?

as I said ...30 million under the cap and sitting on our hands . You can tell us it's for Mike WIlliams , but then I don't see his new contract yet either ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4465 : March 24, 2013, 10:07:18 PM

as I said ...30 million under the cap and sitting on our hands . You can tell us it's for Mike WIlliams , but then I don't see his new contract yet either ....

I wonder if not resigning Williams would take the lid off the "sham" (as hate called it)?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4466 : March 24, 2013, 10:07:27 PM

So in order to not be viewed as cheap, should spend to the cap with no regard for the future?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4467 : March 24, 2013, 10:11:59 PM

So in order to not be viewed as cheap, should spend to the cap with no regard for the future?

Aw, why not??

The falcons do that every season and make playoffs. While we don't spend, and also don't make playoffs. Same with the FAX machine using broncos. It makes me wonder why we always have to have capspace.

The only real winner is the glazers in the "cheap/draft-first" scenario.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4468 : March 24, 2013, 10:14:18 PM

Hey when you toss stupid money at Goldson (look at the market, it is stupid money because we were way, way, way outside the market) and Davin and Black and Wright it isn't like you are making long term deep thinking deals anyways.

It is hard to argue for financial sanity anyways when your center piece off season deal is gonna be a massive contract to one dude that isn't a QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#4469 : March 24, 2013, 10:17:15 PM

Who saw Revis working out on NFLN? Looking for a report.
Page: 1 ... 296 297 298 299 300 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools