Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 ... 612

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#4500 : March 25, 2013, 02:23:10 AM

This has gotten re-goddamn-diculous.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4501 : March 25, 2013, 03:18:04 AM

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4502 : March 25, 2013, 03:21:58 AM

Thanks mike! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4503 : March 25, 2013, 03:22:26 AM

Who saw Revis working out on NFLN? Looking for a report.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4504 : March 25, 2013, 03:30:26 AM

Part 1

Part 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4505 : March 25, 2013, 03:32:35 AM

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#4506 : March 25, 2013, 03:43:41 AM

I just don't get the draft pick value argument. I keep hearing multiple pics and salary is too much. The arguably best CB is with the money, lets just clear that up. Even if he comes back as a top 10 CB instead of a top 2, being a little overpriced is par for the course. lets not act like CB isn't a valuable position  or that the salaries for a top CDB is that of an eric wright. is a bit of a risk coming off an injury? of course it is. MD has been know to negotiate contracts that cover the bucs in most cases. secondly, you take that risk anytime any player steps onto a field. every player is one hit or one bad step from blowing out a knee.

the draft pick argument is just silly to me. The draft is a crap shoot and any given round, you could have a probowl player or a bust. In fact, the hit rate in any round for a star player is below 15%. people aren't willing to to give up a 15% chance at best for a probowl guy that at worst case scenario isn't 100% until late in the year or next year? Im sorry, but the odds are way more in favor of Revis returning to form(or close to it) than they are of the Bucs nailing a couple draft picks.

consistently complaining about about pay, ill give anyone. not being worth the $$$ is arguable depending on when/if he returns to form. Not being worth a couple picks that have at best a 15% chance of amounting to anything(let alone best at their position injury or not...less than a 2% chance) just doesn't seem arguable with any sort of legitimacy.

IMO, if you took every possible negative conclusion and every possible positive conclusion the best you could come up with is a 50/50 split. being completely on one side of the fence or the other is just completely irrational and illogical IMO.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4507 : March 25, 2013, 04:00:21 AM

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4508 : March 25, 2013, 07:46:39 AM

I just don't get the draft pick value argument. I keep hearing multiple pics and salary is too much. The arguably best CB is with the money, lets just clear that up. Even if he comes back as a top 10 CB instead of a top 2, being a little overpriced is par for the course. lets not act like CB isn't a valuable position  or that the salaries for a top CDB is that of an eric wright. is a bit of a risk coming off an injury? of course it is. MD has been know to negotiate contracts that cover the bucs in most cases. secondly, you take that risk anytime any player steps onto a field. every player is one hit or one bad step from blowing out a knee.

the draft pick argument is just silly to me. The draft is a crap shoot and any given round, you could have a probowl player or a bust. In fact, the hit rate in any round for a star player is below 15%. people aren't willing to to give up a 15% chance at best for a probowl guy that at worst case scenario isn't 100% until late in the year or next year? Im sorry, but the odds are way more in favor of Revis returning to form(or close to it) than they are of the Bucs nailing a couple draft picks.

consistently complaining about about pay, ill give anyone. not being worth the $$$ is arguable depending on when/if he returns to form. Not being worth a couple picks that have at best a 15% chance of amounting to anything(let alone best at their position injury or not...less than a 2% chance) just doesn't seem arguable with any sort of legitimacy.

IMO, if you took every possible negative conclusion and every possible positive conclusion the best you could come up with is a 50/50 split. being completely on one side of the fence or the other is just completely irrational and illogical IMO.

Agree completely.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4509 : March 25, 2013, 07:53:29 AM

Did we get him yet ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4510 : March 25, 2013, 09:33:50 AM

As much as we don't know anything - i believe we'll know Dominik blinked if the trade involves our 2013 1st rounder...

Not agreeing nor disagreeing with it - just saying.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4511 : March 25, 2013, 09:36:28 AM

http://www.620wdae.com/player/?station=WDAE-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=TomJonesRickStroud.xml&mid=23017186

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#4512 : March 25, 2013, 09:41:35 AM

Agree completely.

+2

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4513 : March 25, 2013, 10:04:06 AM

It makes it completely logical when there are no other corners to get via FA, and the corners here shouldn't be allowed to start.

And that's (supposed to be) compounded by people possibly losing jobs by the season's end.

For every one reason I find that people don't want him signed, I see two more reasons to trade for him.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4514 : March 25, 2013, 10:26:22 AM

He's a damn good player. Maybe he will stfu once he gets that greedy, team crippling contract?

Doubt it. But he is a damn nice corner. Best in the game. QB nightmare. And with Goldson cleaning up any messes, the secondary looks incredibly improved. Top 15 IMO.

Page: 1 ... 299 300 301 302 303 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools