Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 612

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4575 : March 25, 2013, 09:06:12 PM

Good stuff.  He is quite the talker, but he earned Dez Bryants respect.  Looks like he has some leadership qualities, something we could use, especially if Ronde retires.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4576 : March 25, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

To be clear, i still waiver back and forth at to whether its a smart move BUT when i look at our current CB corp, i'm more afraid of going into next season without him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#4577 : March 25, 2013, 09:11:07 PM

Totally off topic, but people seem to be coming here. If you guys could go check out my music and let me know what yall think itd be greatly appreciated. The link is www.reverbnation.com/nckfreddy Theres a couple free downloads up if anybodys interested and the downloads do help out my ranking locally, nationally, and internationally, as do any views. Thanks in advance

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4578 : March 25, 2013, 09:12:40 PM

I am a good friend of Germanbuc and he does work hard on his music.

Dunno why he put it here though lol!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#4579 : March 25, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Haha thanks Beatles. I put it in here coz this is getting lots of views and any promo to help is good even if only a couple people do it.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#4580 : March 25, 2013, 09:17:29 PM

Good stuff.  He is quite the talker, but he earned Dez Bryants respect.  Looks like he has some leadership qualities, something we could use, especially if Ronde retires.
The swagger him and Goldson would bring to the secondary would be insane.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4581 : March 25, 2013, 09:30:19 PM

To be clear, i still waiver back and forth at to whether its a smart move BUT when i look at our current CB corp, i'm more afraid of going into next season without him.

Dude is only 27, it could be a Hardy Nickerson type signing.  Where he still has a good number of years in his prime.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4582 : March 25, 2013, 09:39:37 PM

Guy is just nasty.  Loved it when he was explaining what happened when Bryant caught the ball sideline, and Revis thought he had him pinned or something...but then he said DON'T WORRY, I GOT IT.  I LOVED that.  Loved it when he was laughing when Dez and the Island were handfighting off the snap...love the confidence and the talk of WINNING.  Guy wants to win.  And as someone said, the incredible swagger the Bucs secondary would have would be almost too much.  If they added a cat like Winfield as a nickel CB, had Johnson coached up enough to possibly man the #2 spot...or draft a rook to bolster the depth chart a bit.

The depth on the defense is incredibly bad though, so as I said and will continue to say, NO MORE THAN TWO SECONDS.  Otherwise, Revis Island stays here in NY.  Dom cannot get fleeced on this deal.  Some team may decide to take him as a rental for the season, right before the draft, and while catastrophic for Tampa, it could possibly save them from a giant error.  Time will tell, but I am of the mindset the JETS MUST get rid of him before the draft ends.  If they do not, they will desperately try to resign Revis to save face, IMO.  But Woody clearly dislikes Darrelle, as a result of his griping for funds, and I cannot blame him (Woody).

Dom has all the cards.  Wait till next season and bid for his services, save the picks.  Otherwise, the JETS get two seconds, a fourth, and maybe LGB.  Maybe.  While it will be bad to roll into the regular with what we have, and possibly two high draft pick rooks at CB, it very well might be a blessing in disguise.  And it certainly saves the Bucs a dikton of cash for reupping those that are worthy, and possibly bid after Revis and flip the bird to Idjit in the process.
: March 25, 2013, 09:41:59 PM Boid Fink

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4583 : March 25, 2013, 09:44:01 PM

IDJIT! :D

ROFLMAO! :P

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4584 : March 25, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

Guy is just nasty.  Loved it when he was explaining what happened when Bryant caught the ball sideline, and Revis thought he had him pinned or something...but then he said DON'T WORRY, I GOT IT.  I LOVED that.  Loved it when he was laughing when Dez and the Island were handfighting off the snap...love the confidence and the talk of WINNING.  Guy wants to win.  And as someone said, the incredible swagger the Bucs secondary would have would be almost too much.  If they added a cat like Winfield as a nickel CB, had Johnson coached up enough to possibly man the #2 spot...or draft a rook to bolster the depth chart a bit.

The depth on the defense is incredibly bad though, so as I said and will continue to say, NO MORE THAN TWO SECONDS.  Otherwise, Revis Island stays here in NY.  Dom cannot get fleeced on this deal.  Somer team may decide to take him as a rental for the season, right before the draft, and while catastrophic for Tampa, it could possibly save them from a giant error.  Time will tell, but I am of the mindset the JETS MUST get rid of him before the draft ends.  If they do not, they will desperately try to resign Revis to save face, IMO.  But Woody clearly dislikes Darrelle, as a result of his griping for funds, and I cannot blame him (Woody).

Dom has all the cards.  Wait till next season and bid for his services, save the picks.  Otherwise, the JETS get two seconds, a fourth, and maybe LGB.  Maybe.

Very logical B-Man.   But if we wait until he becomes a FA, that could get VERY expensive.  The Bucs would then be competing with 31 other teams to get him.  And he would get his choice of where to go. He is from Pittsburgh,  he may want to play there some day.

Now he doesn't have much choice of where he goes, its the Bucs or stay with the Jets circus wagon.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4585 : March 25, 2013, 09:50:16 PM

The swagger him and Goldson would bring to the secondary would be insane.

I don't know much about Goldson, he may not be a talker like Revis. But if Ronde retires, we need a leader for the other DB's.   It could end up being, Revis, 1st round CB,  Leonard, and some depth. 

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4586 : March 25, 2013, 09:51:11 PM

A first would take balls. If we gave up one next year and get to the playoffs, Dom wins that deal.

Its a gamble no matter what

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4587 : March 25, 2013, 09:52:59 PM

The depth on the defense is incredibly bad though, so as I said and will continue to say, NO MORE THAN TWO SECONDS.  Otherwise, Revis Island stays here in NY.  Dom cannot get fleeced on this deal.  Somer team may decide to take him as a rental for the season, right before the draft, and while catastrophic for Tampa, it could possibly save them from a giant error.  Time will tell, but I am of the mindset the JETS MUST get rid of him before the draft ends.  If they do not, they will desperately try to resign Revis to save face, IMO.  But Woody clearly dislikes Darrelle, as a result of his griping for funds, and I cannot blame him (Woody).

Dom has all the cards.  Wait till next season and bid for his services, save the picks.  Otherwise, the JETS get two seconds, a fourth, and maybe LGB.  Maybe.

Very logical B-Man.   But if we wait until he becomes a FA, that could get VERY expensive.  The Bucs would then be competing with 31 other teams to get him.  And he would get his choice of where to go. He is from Pittsburgh,  he may want to play there some day.

Now he doesn't have much choice of where he goes, its the Bucs or stay with the Jets circus wagon.
True.  He may be a lesser form of the Revis ISland we all knew and admired as a result of injury.  However, the bidding on him is expensive right now, it isn't going to get any worse because his price tag is pretty much the 15 million point, and after that it will indeed become an issue of personal prefence...and will the Bucs have the available space to sign him next season?  Maybe.  And how many teams are going to throw fifteen million at him, and be in such a good shape like Tampa is, in terms of roster and talent?  In terms of income tax?  Weather?

There should be absolutely no rush on DOMs part to push this deal.  He has draft picks, and a small crop of collegiate CBs to choose from to bolster the ranks, and Johnson, Gorrer, Gaitor all have more time under this regime.  Throw in two decent CB prospects, and maybe sign a guy like Winfield to mentor them.  Not totally perfect, but if it is a replica of last year, 7-9 or worse will solve this temas issues.

Because the "issues", i.e. Dom, will be fired, IMO.  He has had plenty of time to repair this team, and for him to mortgage the future of this team, or to make an incredibly bad buisness move/strategic move only costs him a job, and sets us fans back four or five more seasons.  Ugh.  Talk about being stuck as perennial losers...

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#4588 : March 25, 2013, 09:53:05 PM

Why not just wait until after this draft???  Will Hate blow a gasket???   

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4589 : March 25, 2013, 09:54:35 PM

Why not just wait until after this draft???  Will Hate blow a gasket???   :P

That's the game of blink Dom might be playing...   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools