Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 ... 612

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4605 : March 25, 2013, 10:35:07 PM

To be clear, i still waiver back and forth at to whether its a smart move BUT when i look at our current CB corp, i'm more afraid of going into next season without him.

Dude is only 27, it could be a Hardy Nickerson type signing.  Where he still has a good number of years in his prime.

28 by the time the season starts

That is still young though. Hell, Ronde will be  38 by the time the season starts, assuming he comes back.    I would be confident Revis good for a 5 year deal, and still be very productive.

Save the draft picks, make Revis prove he is healthy this season, then go overspend for him next year when he hit FA and will be 29

The only problem there, every team in the league would be bidding, that would drive the price beyond reasonable.   And if 31 other teams are bidding, why would he chose the Bucs?

Not quite every team but your point is valid.  There would be a lot more competition and he may take a little less to play for a team on the cusp on the Superbowl

You seem to assume that the Bucs would not be on the "cusp" of winning the Super Bowl again...

Players want rings.   Especially 28 year old players.  Say next year,  he had the choice of the Bucs, or  Niners, Ravens, Patriots,  Seahawks.  I am afraid the Bucs wouldn't  even be considered.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#4606 : March 25, 2013, 10:36:36 PM

That's your opinion...

You must be accountable for your actions!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#4607 : March 25, 2013, 10:37:01 PM

Players want rings.   Especially 28 year old players.  Say next year,  he had the choice of the Bucs, or  Niners, Ravens, Patriots,  Seahawks.  I am afraid the Bucs wouldn't  even be considered.

Win-win!

Though I don't think there's anything in Revis' history that would suggest he'd go anywhere other than to the highest bidder.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4608 : March 25, 2013, 10:46:46 PM

Win-win!

Though I don't think there's anything in Revis' history that would suggest he'd go anywhere other than to the highest bidder.

IDK man.  If the Jags or say the Bills offered large money,  I don't think he would do it.    At his age, a ring might be more important. He already has made mega millions, and has deals with Range Rover and Nike.

Doubt he will be chasing greenbacks if he becomes a free agent.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#4609 : March 25, 2013, 10:55:33 PM

I've been watching this whole thin unfold from a far, and I've come to the conclusion that...
It's a win/win:
Either we trade for Revis and improve the Secondary,
Or we don't trade for Revis, and improve the Secondary in the draft and sign another CB on the market.

Either way, the Secondary we field this year, will be better than that crap sandwich we put on the field last year.

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#4610 : March 25, 2013, 11:04:44 PM

Why not just wait until after this draft???  Will Hate blow a gasket???
They can't.   If no Revis, the first couple of picks will most likely be CB's.  If Revis is on board by the draft, then that changes the draft strategy somewhat.  But bottom line, Dom HAS to know by the time the first pick gets announced.

Interesting.  Thanks

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#4611 : March 25, 2013, 11:05:45 PM

Why not just wait until after this draft???  Will Hate blow a gasket???

why would i do that??

Don't play games.  You know

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4612 : March 25, 2013, 11:29:40 PM

I've been watching this whole thin unfold from a far, and I've come to the conclusion that...
It's a win/win:
Either we trade for Revis and improve the Secondary,
Or we don't trade for Revis, and improve the Secondary in the draft and sign another CB on the market.

Either way, the Secondary we field this year, will be better than that crap sandwich we put on the field last year.
Eggzactly.

Which is why I said the leverage is TRULY in the Bucs corner, and not in the JETS, as JC5100 seems to think.  But he also thought Luke McCown was Sweet Baby Jesus as a QB.  I digress.  Dom will either improve the team via cheap, less spefctacular methods such as one or two vets signings for competition, and draft one or two CBs, and let them all fight it out.  Or they get Revis, but he absolutely needs to undertand he has ALL the cards (which I think he already does, and is truly only offering a lot less than what we are thinking...for once), and offer a very fair deal involving two seconds, this and next years, a fourth, this or next years, whichever they desire, and maybe Blount, who will do well in the JETS run heavy attack.  That is a completely fair deal, and it beats Revis Isle walking for nothing but a comp pick.  And Dom knows this, and so does Idjit and the Jets,  The closer we get to the draft, the more the pressure mounts on Idjit.

And while it is not imperative that Dom signs a FA CB tonight, it is imperative he signs one before the draft to ensure the TEAMs depth chart is braced for the impact of the regular season.  It allows Dom to be better prepared for his draft options as well.  Whatever player they have scouted and desire via draft, is going to be a corner back relatively early, regardless of Revis, any other signings...g'teed.

Dom needs to be careful about parting with ANY first round selections.  The team is very thin on talent, and Revis seriously skews the salary cap.  Espescially for next year.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4613 : March 25, 2013, 11:44:12 PM

Win-win!

IDK man.  If the Jags o say the Bills offered large money,  I don't think he would do it.    At his age, a ring might be more important. He already has made mega millions, and has deals with Range Rover and Nike.

If he waits to get to free agency what other reason besides getting a major payday would there be?  This guy is all about the $$$$.  So suddenly he changes his whole reasoning?  This is beyond stupid.  Dude will sell himself to the highest bidder.  That's WHO HE IS.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4614 : March 26, 2013, 12:38:51 AM

Win-win!

IDK man.  If the Jags o say the Bills offered large money,  I don't think he would do it.    At his age, a ring might be more important. He already has made mega millions, and has deals with Range Rover and Nike.

If he waits to get to free agency what other reason besides getting a major payday would there be?  This guy is all about the $$$$.  So suddenly he changes his whole reasoning?  This is beyond stupid.  Dude will sell himself to the highest bidder.  That's WHO HE IS.

Getting a ring.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4615 : March 26, 2013, 12:44:52 AM

Getting a ring.

You honestly believe that a guy who has complained three times about his contract would sign for less(in his last big contract)?

Please give me some data or links or something other than your fat gut telling you this. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4616 : March 26, 2013, 12:55:18 AM

Atlanta has pretty much got osi btw. If anyone had any interest in that.

Said it was great playing in NY, but now would like to do the same in his hometown.

He also said he never met a Mr. dominik.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4617 : March 26, 2013, 01:08:10 AM

Getting a ring.

You honestly believe that a guy who has complained three times about his contract would sign for less(in his last big contract)?

Please give me some data or links or something other than your fat gut telling you this.

Fat?  Me?    LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4618 : March 26, 2013, 01:15:50 AM

Fat, none...whatever.  I asked for something besides your ouija board telling you.  Heck, I'll even take a quote from him saying something close that you could spin into believing that.  Anything?  Or your skinny gut telling you?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4619 : March 26, 2013, 01:24:26 AM

Fat, none...whatever.  I asked for something besides your ouija board telling you.  Heck, I'll even take a quote from him saying something close that you could spin into believing that.  Anything?  Or your skinny gut telling you?

Its called an opinion.  You don't agree, fine, no problem.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools