Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 ... 612

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#7035 : April 19, 2013, 12:05:59 PM

Wednesday/Thursday AM is my guess.

And how would the Bucs get a Physical done and get a new contract done, assuming there would be 2013 Draft picks involved, before the draft? Sorry IF the deal gets done, and that's a big IF, it will need to be done by Monday at the latest.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7036 : April 19, 2013, 12:07:41 PM

When there are millions of dollars on the line.  Don't be surprised. 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7037 : April 19, 2013, 12:33:09 PM

I don't know if you guys realize it but this move (trade or no trade) is HUGE in terms of the direction this team takes in the foreseeable future.......

It's getting close to crunch time so in the words of Terrell Owens, get your popcorn!

Most certainly does. It will be a while before a thread goes to 500 pages on this site again.

blackfoot

Starter
#7038 : April 19, 2013, 12:37:21 PM

Quote from: Benchwarmer#1 on Today at 03:53:12 AM
If people think revis is expensive now, I wonder what they would think next year when teams are actually able to bid on him?
The only way his price drops is injury or he plays badly, in which case, we wouldn't want him anymore.

There is a cap on what any team can pay Revis. Team caps will limit any bidding war if he become a FA next year. After the Draft the Jet can trade for picks next year and may add bidders by going that direction. The reason nothing has happened yet IMO is that both teams are holding out for the best deal. The Bucs  can blow it by giving up too much. If we can get a good deal-fine- if not move on. We will be ok either way.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#7039 : April 19, 2013, 12:38:32 PM

And how would the Bucs get a Physical done and get a new contract done, assuming there would be 2013 Draft picks involved, before the draft? Sorry IF the deal gets done, and that's a big IF, it will need to be done by Monday at the latest.
You're assuming that the Jets have not allowed the Bucs to examine Revis's knee and/or talk to his agent.  Can anyone say with absolute certainty that this hasn't happened already.  The Jets can play hardball with the compensation all they want, but they also know they get nothing if Revis fails the physical after a trade.  I think that all this has been done already, and everyone involved is under a strict gag order.

One other thing that could be holding up a deal is if the Bucs are trying to trade down in the first.  If I were the Bucs I would tell the Jets that we don't think he's worth the #13 in his condition, so we'll try to trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd, then give you the lower 1st and a 2nd next year.  If there's no takers for the trade, you'll get the combination of 2nd's and mid round picks already discussed...take it or leave it.  I also wouldn't be shocked if they already had a team lined up for that trade. That would explain the need for complete silence, so the third team doesn't get scared off.  If Dom were able to pull this off and get Revis, trade back up into the 1st round (we know he likes those guaranteed 5 yr contracts), and still have extra 2nd or 3rd round pick this year he'd be a rockstar.

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#7040 : April 19, 2013, 01:00:21 PM

You're assuming that the Jets have not allowed the Bucs to examine Revis's knee and/or talk to his agent.  Can anyone say with absolute certainty that this hasn't happened already.  The Jets can play hardball with the compensation all they want, but they also know they get nothing if Revis fails the physical after a trade.  I think that all this has been done already, and everyone involved is under a strict gag order.

One other thing that could be holding up a deal is if the Bucs are trying to trade down in the first.  If I were the Bucs I would tell the Jets that we don't think he's worth the #13 in his condition, so we'll try to trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd, then give you the lower 1st and a 2nd next year.  If there's no takers for the trade, you'll get the combination of 2nd's and mid round picks already discussed...take it or leave it.  I also wouldn't be shocked if they already had a team lined up for that trade. That would explain the need for complete silence, so the third team doesn't get scared off.  If Dom were able to pull this off and get Revis, trade back up into the 1st round (we know he likes those guaranteed 5 yr contracts), and still have extra 2nd or 3rd round pick this year he'd be a rockstar.

#June1st There is no set date on when Jets trade Revis. Just saying...  :P

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#7041 : April 19, 2013, 01:06:32 PM

The credibility of a lot of writers is gonna go down the drain if this trade doesn't happen.

Not much further to go down in my opinion.  Most sports writers lost all of their cred with me over the whole Manti debacle and excuse parade that followed.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#7042 : April 19, 2013, 01:07:48 PM

Anyone know how Revis is doing in his workouts with the Jets? I heard he is suppose to be running full speed sprints. Wonder if Idzik is sending over tape to OBP.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#7043 : April 19, 2013, 01:09:09 PM

We'll never see any footage unless he takes his shirt off.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#7044 : April 19, 2013, 01:09:25 PM

The credibility of a lot of writers is gonna go down the drain if this trade doesn't happen.

Not much further to go down in my opinion.  Most sports writers lost all of their cred with me over the whole Manti debacle and excuse parade that followed.

A lot of writers lost cred when they all said Favre was going to be a Buc. Rick Stroud!... ugh

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#7045 : April 19, 2013, 01:11:48 PM

Like this?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#7046 : April 19, 2013, 01:22:32 PM

If we don't get a deal done for revis, our secondary wont improve from what It was last year. I'm hoping for a deal in the next few days
Even without Revis I think our pass defense will be decently better than last year. We now have a top 2 free safety to go with a very young and very talented SS that is one year better in this system. Add that to Eric Wright how was brought here because coach likes his skill set in his system and he will be injury free and playing for his career. Our 2 youngest and most promising corners Johnson and Gaitor are also one year better in this system and Gaitor played pretty good at end of year after coming back from his injury. I'm sure we will add at least one corner between rounds 1 and 3 so add him to the mix as well. Nothing helps a secondary more than a good pass rush and a healthy Clayborn and Bowers will be worth more than what Bennett gave us last year so factor that in as well. I see our pass D being good enough to hit into the 20-24 range up from 32 all without Revis and that with a top 5 rush defense could get this team into playoffs for sure. No need to trade our future for one guy, just steal him in FA next year.

I think it will be a little better than last year, sure, but not because of all of the reasons you mentioned. I think you will see some improvement from Barron, LJ, and Gaitor because of adaptation to the scheme as well as a coaching change. The rest of it, I pretty much disagree.

I don't think that Goldson is a top 2 FS, but his probably a top 5 guy. Not a huge deal there, but the reason he is a top 5 FS is because he is a very solid all around safety who has a physical reputation. Now, he isn't bad against the pass, but he isn't excellent either. I think Goldson defintitely represents an upgrade to the FS position, but I don't think the FS position was a huge problem last year or a major contributor to the bad pass D. Therefore, I don't see the Goldson signing being a huge contributor in turning this thing around.

There is absolutely no way to know that Eric Wright will be "injury free". Wright was also arguably the worst CB when on the field last year. Not looking forward to him covering teams #1 and #2 WRs next year...even if it's just occasional.

Getting Clayborn back is certainly a good thing, but I don't see him producing any more than Bennett last year, so I think we struck even there. While Bowers will see about a 30% increase in playing time, there is no guarantee there that he will be a much better player than he was last year.

When you say "20-24 range up from 32". That literally means nothing. Total passing yards against is just one individual stat. It's completely situational. I personally don't care where the Bucs are in total yards allowed. What I want to see from them is them getting off the field on third downs. I want to see them tightening up in the redzone. I want to see them getting after the f*cking QB. I want to see them making key stops when the game is on the line. Rankings in rushing/passing yards allowed, be damned.

Sure, we can accomplish these goals without Revis, but we are going to need a hell of a draft and are going to have to pick up another DE/pass rusher who has the ability to get after the passer, and we are going to need a really solid rookie CB(or 2) who can come in and have an instant impact. Depth and a few plug and play players will be helpful as well.
: April 19, 2013, 01:29:36 PM chace1986

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#7047 : April 19, 2013, 01:41:58 PM

Especially on PR.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7048 : April 19, 2013, 02:24:27 PM

Gotta disagree, Stan. I'd take the PR guys over most so-called experts. You can at least justify most of their misses.

In Verner We Trust

Bucsfan714

Rookie

#7049 : April 19, 2013, 02:51:27 PM

Is that Jamarcus Russell? :-)

Like this?

Page: 1 ... 468 469 470 471 472 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools