Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 ... 612

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #7050 : April 19, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »

Two sources told Yahoo's Jason Cole that the Jets will likely need a trade in place by "early next week" in order to secure the Bucs' No. 13 overall pick in exchange for Darrelle Revis (ACL surgery)."Because of the knee injury, this isn't a really simple transaction," one source said. "No matter what the (Jets') MRI on Revis' knee showed Monday, any team that picks him up is going to want to do its own work and some very thorough work. There's a lot at stake." The Bucs will insist on giving Revis a physical at their own facility. Added the second source, "This would be almost impossible to pull off on draft day if people are thinking it's going to happen that way."

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Not sure if it was posted already!(Only read the current page now in this thread)

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #7051 : April 19, 2013, 03:50:24 PM »

Yeah it was posted.

In Verner We Trust

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

« #7052 : April 19, 2013, 04:02:58 PM »

Early next week; meaning Wednesday night.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #7053 : April 19, 2013, 04:06:40 PM »

Next week meant this week... so...

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

« #7054 : April 19, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »

Ha!.. yep.

S.S.D.D.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #7055 : April 19, 2013, 04:08:55 PM »

It means if something is going to go down the latest it will happen in Wednesday morning. In all likelihood if it is going to happen it will happen on Monday or Tuesday.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #7056 : April 19, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »

Well Dom has a draft conference on Monday, and my guess is if the Jets haven't gotten in to serious talks by the time the conference is started, it will be pretty close to too late. I honestly don't think anything less than 72 hours would be reasonable to get this deal done and frankly, I don't think Idzik will be that much of a jerk to Dom unless it's really Woody that's pulling the trigger on this.

I'm not saying that the deal still might not happen in under a 72 hour window to the start of the draft, I just think that unless another team jumps into the deal, 72 hours seems to be the least amount of time that Dom should be willing to take. You are going to want him examined by several different doctors some of which are going to be outside opinions, and if you are going to pay 14m+ to a guy, you are going to want the best doctors. You can't assume that they are just going to be available at the drop of a hat. Plus there is travel time involved. I expect (hope really) the Jets to take this weekend to think about the deal and the offer and open serious negotiations some time on Monday (could be late Monday).

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

« #7057 : April 19, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »

Well Dom has a draft conference on Monday, and my guess is if the Jets haven't gotten in to serious talks by the time the conference is started, it will be pretty close to too late. I honestly don't think anything less than 72 hours would be reasonable to get this deal done and frankly, I don't think Idzik will be that much of a jerk to Dom unless it's really Woody that's pulling the trigger on this.

I'm not saying that the deal still might not happen in under a 72 hour window to the start of the draft, I just think that unless another team jumps into the deal, 72 hours seems to be the least amount of time that Dom should be willing to take. You are going to want him examined by several different doctors some of which are going to be outside opinions, and if you are going to pay 14m+ to a guy, you are going to want the best doctors. You can't assume that they are just going to be available at the drop of a hat. Plus there is travel time involved. I expect (hope really) the Jets to take this weekend to think about the deal and the offer and open serious negotiations some time on Monday (could be late Monday).
Makes sense. These next few days could get really wild when it comes to Revis trade talks and all the rumors surrounding it.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
« #7058 : April 19, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »

Working back from the draft, we can say the contract with us and Revis needs to be done by Thursday, Wednesday is a contract negotiating day, Tuesday is exam day and Monday a travel day for Revis and doctors.. That gives Idzik the weekend, deal must be settled by Monday morning. If Revis isn't spotted at a table at Burns with Schiano and Dom Monday night then  it isn't  happening before the draft.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #7059 : April 19, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »

I'm at the point where I would be excited either way. Either we get Revis, or get to see who our top round picks are, and either one would make this team better.

blackfoot

Starter
« #7060 : April 19, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

Hope the Bucs hang with their offer, take it or we move on.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #7061 : April 19, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »

Working back from the draft, we can say the contract with us and Revis needs to be done by Thursday, Wednesday is a contract negotiating day, Tuesday is exam day and Monday a travel day for Revis and doctors.. That gives Idzik the weekend, deal must be settled by Monday morning. If Revis isn't spotted at a table at Burns with Schiano and Dom Monday night then  it isn't  happening before the draft.

That's pretty much on point. There's no way that we trade for him on Wednesday, have him get completely checked out by all of our doctors and get a contract figured out all in 24 hours before the draft.

But I swear....if the Jets drag this thing out even more and make it basically into what the Magic did with Dwight Howard and keep the guy on the team for no reason for the whole season I will hate the Jets for the rest of my **CENSORED**ing life. I just want this to be over with so I can stop refreshing this damn thread on my phone every other hour.

And another good point that was brought up was about the owner's involvement. With as close as Dom and Idzik are either a deal is already done and the Jets just wanna keep their name in the press for a little bit longer, or the Jets owner and maybe even Rex Ryan are driving this whole thing and don't want to let him go.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #7062 : April 19, 2013, 06:13:17 PM »

This will impact the inclusion of Blount in a trade...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/19/jets-reportedly-make-trade-offer-for-chris-ivory/

Jets reportedly make trade offer for Chris Ivory

Running back Chris Ivory signed his restricted free agent tender with the Saints on Friday, which eliminated the slim possibility that a team would try to sign him to an offer sheet that would cost them a second-round pick if New Orleans opted not to match.

It didn’t guarantee that Ivory will remain with the Saints for the 2013 season, however. The Jets hosted Ivory for a visit last week and they were believed to be interested in trading a late-round pick to New Orleans in exchange for the veteran running back.

According to a report from Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, that interest is strong enough for the Jets to go ahead and make just such an offer. They’ve let the Saints know what they’d like to give up for Ivory and the Saints will now likely decide whether that’s enough for them to part with a player they tendered at the second-round level to help ensure he remained under their control.

Ivory would go from a crowded backfield in New Orleans to a crowded one with the Jets, although, as with quarterbacks, quantity and quality don’t really add up for the Jets. Instead of Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles and Mark Ingram, Ivory would have to beat out Mike Goodson, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight. That’s an easier path to playing time on paper, but only if the two teams agree on terms for a trade.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #7063 : April 19, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »

why does Revis have to be greedy cause he wants big money?

This issue with MEvis is that it's a constant topic of conversation

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7064 : April 19, 2013, 07:42:26 PM »

This will impact the inclusion of Blount in a trade...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/19/jets-reportedly-make-trade-offer-for-chris-ivory/

Jets reportedly make trade offer for Chris Ivory

Running back Chris Ivory signed his restricted free agent tender with the Saints on Friday, which eliminated the slim possibility that a team would try to sign him to an offer sheet that would cost them a second-round pick if New Orleans opted not to match.

It didn’t guarantee that Ivory will remain with the Saints for the 2013 season, however. The Jets hosted Ivory for a visit last week and they were believed to be interested in trading a late-round pick to New Orleans in exchange for the veteran running back.

According to a report from Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, that interest is strong enough for the Jets to go ahead and make just such an offer. They’ve let the Saints know what they’d like to give up for Ivory and the Saints will now likely decide whether that’s enough for them to part with a player they tendered at the second-round level to help ensure he remained under their control.

Ivory would go from a crowded backfield in New Orleans to a crowded one with the Jets, although, as with quarterbacks, quantity and quality don’t really add up for the Jets. Instead of Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles and Mark Ingram, Ivory would have to beat out Mike Goodson, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight. That’s an easier path to playing time on paper, but only if the two teams agree on terms for a trade.

OK, am I the only one worried they're talking to the saints?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools