Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 ... 612

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8130 : April 23, 2013, 10:11:01 PM

"You just get tired of listening to it. After like three or four months, enough is enough," Revis said, completely composed but a little annoyed. "Why do you have to talk so much about how you're the greatest? Just put your work out there and let your peers judge who's best. That's all you should do."

Regarding his twitter feud with the brash and less humble D1ck Sherman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--new-bucs-cb-darrelle-revis-out-to-display-his-greatness--not-talk-about-it-153023315.html

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8131 : April 23, 2013, 10:28:22 PM

Boid, i'd like your thoughts on something I was discussing in my chat..

Someone said while watching the Revis PC that when confronted about playing at a high level, he looked scared and did not directly answer the question. I myself passed it off as him not putting the cart before the horse, but the person asking made a good point: Why not come out and say "I know i'm going to be ready" instead of giving reason to doubt?

To more specifically ask the question, do you think Revis can get over the MENTAL aspect of recovering? Not being afraid of getting hurt again? I think he can, but it IS his first injury like this. I think it'll take some time, perhaps, but when it clicks he'll be back to his old self.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8132 : April 23, 2013, 10:34:08 PM

The mental hurdle is something everyone goes through after an injury, or at least I think it to be.  I am a huge Bulls fan, and I think this is a question that has been asked of Derrick Rose regarding his knee injury. 

Once he throws on his pads and jams someone, and gets popped, he will breathe easy and he will go on.  Hopefully, the structural integrity of his knee hasn't sapped him of any of his cat quickness, and long speed.  He loses any of it, and he goes from being the best, to merely good, IMO.  I suppose that is nice and all, but at the rate he is charging, he really cannot afford to be anything but unique, much like his prove-it contract.
: April 23, 2013, 10:35:49 PM Boid Fink

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#8133 : April 24, 2013, 12:08:10 AM

Either way, Darrel Revis at 80% > everyone anyway I would think. But the point I was making was, was it me or DID HE seem a little iffy when talking about it? just his  eye movement. and speech?

I may be over thinking it.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#8134 : April 24, 2013, 12:44:03 AM

I didn't see it as him being scared, I saw it more like he thinks it's a pointless question. Revis doesn't seem himself as a potential GOAT. He just works hard, studies hard and plays as best as he can. He trademarked Revis Island because other people were using it.

He's remarkably humble. He kind of reminds me of Derrick Brooks in that regard. Derrick didn't come to work to be the best, he came to work to do his personal best. He wasn't looking around the league at other linebackers and comparing himself to them. He was learning from Hardy on how to be a good professional and pushing himself to be as good as he could be. I see Revis the same way.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#8135 : April 24, 2013, 01:43:21 AM

I hope there's a no hold out clause in the contract.

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

Larry Brackins

Starter
#8136 : April 24, 2013, 01:47:42 AM

There isn't, and really because their is no signing bonus, there's nothing the Bucs can go after if he does hold out.

I feel like a holdout is inevitable (probably after year 2) if he comes back as good as he was before.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#8137 : April 24, 2013, 02:00:28 AM

There isn't, and really because their is no signing bonus, there's nothing the Bucs can go after if he does hold out.

I feel like a holdout is inevitable (probably after year 2) if he comes back as good as he was before.

At that point we may be willing to renegotiate anyway. But it wouldnt be holding the Bucs hostage because they could keep him until before week 1 in any given year and then cut him with zero cap penalty. So it sort of takes leverage away from him as holding out is concerned. Holding out could potentially cost him $13 million.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8138 : April 24, 2013, 02:21:25 AM

Revis hardly considers himself a savior.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/revis-happy-begin-chapter-buccaneers-193741250--nfl.html

Everything about this dude reeks of humility, and well spoken confidence.  He got his money, he earned his money...

The deal was a great one for the Bucs.  Anyone who hates the deal is merely hating on the Bucs, flat out, or they are jelly as hell.

Well said B-man.  The humility was a nice surprise.  Dude is such a great player, he has the right to trash talk 24/7 , but he is not that type of player.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#8139 : April 24, 2013, 02:54:44 AM

Dude seems like a stand up guy. Glad hes on our team. Love the trade (I didnt want to give up our first, but this worked out nice), and his contract is a sweet cherry on top. No guaranteed money. How did Dom pull it off? Ive been a supporter of him, and this just justifies him even more in my eyes (although Ill admit hes made some bull stupid moves in his tenure). It all comes down to how healthy that knee is now, and honestly, Im not concerned or I dont think the deal wouldve gone through. To quote Dom I believe it was, "We know knees". 

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8140 : April 24, 2013, 07:00:15 AM

He won't hold out as long as he is the highest paid DB in the league ....he's always just wanted his just due , he's not an a-hole.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8141 : April 24, 2013, 07:46:47 AM

Either way, Darrel Revis at 80% > everyone anyway I would think. But the point I was making was, was it me or DID HE seem a little iffy when talking about it? just his  eye movement. and speech?

I may be over thinking it.
Completely.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8142 : April 24, 2013, 07:57:49 AM

C'mon. Better than anyone else at 80%? He's a great player, but you are on crack if you really believe that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8143 : April 24, 2013, 08:13:34 AM

At eighty percent, he is no longer close to Elite level talent, and is completely overpaid.

I think he will return to form myself. At least my bets are hedged that way. If not, it will be typical Bucs curse type stuff. Just a lot if bad juju from the past haunting me.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#8144 : April 24, 2013, 10:31:11 AM

I consider myself to be the driving force behind getting Revis here and I don't think holding out is a real threat. His guaranteed money in a future deal will never be enough to get rid of 16 million per year.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 ... 612
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools