Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin Hates “Muscle Hamster.” Doug is fine. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : February 10, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »

The rookie has a plea - and for all of you w/ Muscle Hamster screen names, time to change it.

Doug Martin Hates “Muscle Hamster.” He’d Rather You Call Him “Dougernaut, Dougenator, Muscle And Hustle…Doug Is Fine, Also.”

Every morning, the fine folks at Sports Radio Interviews sift through the a.m. drive-time chatter to bring you the best interviews with coaches, players, and personalities across the sports landscape. Today: The Bucs rookie has a plea.

Doug Martin joined WDAE in Tampa with Steve Duemig to discuss his surprising rookie season, not hitting the rookie wall, going to the Pro Bowl, when the game slowed down for him, the track the Buccaneers are on, playing with Josh Freeman and to plead with everyone to stop calling him "Muscle Hamster."

Did you ever think you'd have the rookie season that you did?
"I would hope that in my future, eventually in my career, that I would. But so early? Probably not. … I've been blessed. I'm taking advantage, enjoying this time and reflecting on the past season."

On not hitting the proverbial rookie wall:
"It such a long season for rookies. You have to train for the Senior Bowl, the combine, pro days and flying all around to visits. All that's kind of stressful on your body. On top of that, you've got to play a whole season of NFL football. … I kind of expected [to carry the load]. It wasn't out of my mind. I was aware, so I was prepared for it mentally."

On playing in his first Pro Bowl:
"The trip was a blast. It was fun. I had my mom and dad and sister. They were all down there. … We had an awesome time. … With the game of football, it's a physical game and nobody likes to get hurt playing in the Pro Bowl. We're all trying to be smart when we play, but at the end of the day it is what it is."

When did you feel the game finally slow down for you?
"Probably after that bye week. I just told myself, ‘Just play the game. Just have fun. Just go out there and just have fun and play football.' … You have to let your blocks develop and be patient and find that hole."

Do you see greatness building up with this team?
"It's definitely a goal that we're striving to hit, and hopefully sooner than later. … We're working toward it."

On playing with Josh Freeman:
"Josh did an awesome job. He's breaking records. It was a new offense and we just have to mold and be one offense and be more consistent and play better football. But he did an awesome job."

Pleading for people to stop calling him "Muscle Hamster":
"Stop calling me Muscle Hamster. I'm just telling everybody right now: Stop calling me Muscle Hamster. Dougernaut, Dougernator, Muscle & Hustle, any of those are fine. But Muscle Hamster has to stop. Doug is fine, also. The Muscle Hamster has to stop. Stop it."

http://deadspin.com/5981633/doug-martin-hates-muscle-hamster-hed-rather-you-call-him-dougernaut-dougenator-muscle-and-hustledoug-is-fine-also

Behind Enemy Lines

Rookie

« #1 : February 10, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »

He can be The Energizer Dougie

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #2 : February 10, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »

Got any more week-old news to post, Morgana?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #3 : February 10, 2013, 01:39:34 PM »

Got any more week-old news to post, Morgana?
Giving him credit for "week old" on that one...

Morgana is a hypocite troll. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #4 : February 10, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »

Has anyone ever taken a more public flogging than Morgan? I'm starting to feel sorry for her.

-------------------------------------------------------

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #5 : February 10, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »

Morgan is alright, it's PR-troll Java that should be blasted every chance people get.

With that said, back to the topic at hand. Martin is being silly. It's a great nickname and he should be happy to have it.He could be stuck with "slip n slide", "butterfingers" or some made up name like "tallest midget."

Muscle hamster is a fine nickname. Should "refrigerator" Perry be mad too? It's obviously a comment about his weight... Doug needs to accept it and move on. The more he tries to escape that name, the more people will call him that.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
« #6 : February 10, 2013, 06:24:17 PM »

Dougernaught is the t!ts

The quest for .500 begins...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 10, 2013, 06:40:46 PM »

After further consideration.....Muscle Hamster it is.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #8 : February 10, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »

With that said, back to the topic at hand. Martin is being silly. It's a great nickname and he should be happy to have it.He could be stuck with "slip n slide", "butterfingers" or some made up name like "tallest midget."

Muscle hamster is a fine nickname. Should "refrigerator" Perry be mad too? It's obviously a comment about his weight... Doug needs to accept it and move on. The more he tries to escape that name, the more people will call him that.

It's a marketing dream.... and he letting pride come between him and a lotta $$$

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #9 : February 10, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »

It's a marketing dream.... and he letting pride come between him and a lotta $$$

I'm saying though....Muscle Hamster is the best nickname in the NFL. T-shirts, hats, everything could be made with some type of Muscle Hamster slogan/logo.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 10, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »

I'm saying though....Muscle Hamster is the best nickname in the NFL. T-shirts, hats, everything could be made with some type of Muscle Hamster slogan/logo.

I agree w/ you - he should go with it.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #11 : February 10, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »

Imagine the endorsement opportunities that he could've capitalized after his rookie success. I'd have embraced Muscle Hamster with open arms.... and owned it.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 10, 2013, 09:57:25 PM »

Who in their right mind is going to wear a Muscle Hamster T-shirt?  The Nascar hats are bad enough as it is.   

Dy-nasty D

Starter
« #13 : February 10, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »

Muscle Hamster is a great nickname. If he hates it, then let's just go with Doug Martin.

Dougenator, Dougernaut, My Favorite Martin, Run DM, Dougie Fresh (uh, like it's already someone's nickname) are all awful.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 10, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »

Has anyone ever taken a more public flogging than Morgan? I'm starting to feel sorry for her.
Lol
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doug Martin Hates “Muscle Hamster.” Doug is fine. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools