Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 non-Buc free agent « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#15 : February 10, 2013, 05:59:06 PM

Clearly  Byrd FS , FA, Buf.   Great Cover skills. Creates his share of Turn Overs.  26 yrs old.

Not a secret, will get big money.

But Byrd and Barron together would  give the Bucs strong safety play for quite a while.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 10, 2013, 06:01:28 PM

Bradley Fletcher  CB STL not the complete answer to fixing the secondary, but will be a great #2 corner for the right price 3-4 mill a year.  Very talented.
Interesting.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 10, 2013, 06:11:59 PM

Who is your top choice, and why?
Seems you guys can't comprehend.

Seems like you can't either.

On topic. Sean Smith. Big corner that can battle big WRs while adding speed. Dwight Freeney. It's time to get the edge rusher that can send more plays Bennett way. Most of the time Freeney didn't have a good DT so he would be doubled.

So you're saying give up on out 1st and 2nd round pick from 2011? I'm pretty sure they still want either Clayborn or Bowers to start.

I was thinking that Freeney can come in for 2-3 and be a for sure thing. Clayborn might lose the little bit of explosion he had and Bowers is still a injury concern. Bring back Clayborn slowly giving him early down, Bowers can still kick inside or outside depending on where Bennett lined up.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#18 : February 10, 2013, 07:03:58 PM

Revis Island for one 1st rounder and piss on free agency.

This is a no-brainer. Bring in Revis and either Grimes, Cason or Cox and draft a corner in the 3rd or 4th round. Secondary problems solved.

But if I can't include trading for Revis as my free agent strategy in this thread then I'd say Jarius Byrd my one non-Buc free agent that I'd go the hardest after. Him and Barron would make a hell of a safety tandem for years to come.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 10, 2013, 07:11:12 PM

This FA class is nothing like 2011 and 2012, where the Bucs signed huge FA contracts.  Sean Smith is the best player at a huge position of need, but he's not worth the money the top CB's got in the last two classes.  If he'll take Eric Wright's contract, then great.  Sign him up.

Psych

Starter

#20 : February 10, 2013, 07:26:27 PM

Martellus Bennett. Solid blocker and a dangerous receiver. Adds another weapon to the offense.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 10, 2013, 07:34:54 PM

Henry Melton.. Why? Because I can dream.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 10, 2013, 07:41:52 PM

Offense: Amendola. Defense: Grimes

The why is easy. Amendola, teamed with Jackson and Williams, gives Tampa the best receiving trio in the league. He can also pay dividends in the return game. Grimes, if healthy, is a solid option at corner that won't break the bank. Pair him with a high pick CB in the draft and we are definitely better. Each option has injury questions and other teams might outspend us.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 10, 2013, 09:12:10 PM

This FA class is nothing like 2011 and 2012, where the Bucs signed huge FA contracts.  Sean Smith is the best player at a huge position of need, but he's not worth the money the top CB's got in the last two classes.  If he'll take Eric Wright's contract, then great.  Sign him up.
Agreed. Its the price you have to pay when you draft bad.

Myron Lewis being a bust pick from 2010 is hurting 3 years later.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 1 non-Buc free agent « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools