Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

kylel6901

Second String

: February 10, 2013, 06:17:19 PM

Minnesota will indeed actively pursue a Harvin trade on the heels of a November meltdown directed at head coach Leslie Frazier. The incident happened in front of teammates, who didn't take well to Harvin's tirade just a couple of years after a similar blowup directed at former coach Brad Childress. It was also believed to be the real reason that Harvin was unexpectedly placed on injured reserve with an ankle ailment that didn't require surgery. An NFL personnel man estimated that Harvin would fetch just a second- or third-round pick in return. Saw this article just now and wanted to see, what do you think?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137929/article/report-vikings-will-actively-pursue-percy-harvin-trade

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 10, 2013, 06:21:59 PM

Doesn't sound like the kind of guy Schiano wants on the team.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 10, 2013, 07:31:37 PM

For a 3rd I would kick the door down to get Harvin. He could be our slot receiver and play in the backfield.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 10, 2013, 07:50:38 PM

problem child. talented guy but hes hard to get along with. dont see schiano bringing him here. my money is on the Patriots. belicheck loves gator players for whatever reason and isnt afraid to talk guys with attitude and personality issues

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 10, 2013, 08:14:15 PM

He gets  a migraine every 5 minutes . No thanks.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 10, 2013, 08:33:23 PM

He has had attitude problems in college and with the vikes, No thanks.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 10, 2013, 08:34:52 PM

The guy in your sig has attitude problems also. Percy could be our Steve Smith. Would be nice.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 10, 2013, 08:37:38 PM

Ever wonder why the Vikes are trading him when they have no other receivers?

Pass.

Draft Aaron Donald

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 10, 2013, 08:42:18 PM

The guy in your sig has attitude problems also. Percy could be our Steve Smith. Would be nice.

I have never heard of Smith blowing up at a coach like Harvin did.

Another thing people must consider is the Bucs can not really afford an expensive #3 WR.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 10, 2013, 08:43:33 PM

I have never heard of Smith blowing up at a coach like Harvin did.

Another thing people must consider is the Bucs can not really afford an expensive #3 WR.

He was to busy Punching teammates. I agree though it's a dream the Bucs wouldn't pay for a guy like Harvin.

HolyBuc

Starter
#10 : February 10, 2013, 08:45:27 PM

@SteveBateman99: Talk in Minnesota says Percy Harvin can leave for a 2nd and 4th round pick. Will earn $4.02M in 2013.

Slot reciever...check...great return man...check.    I would love to draft Tavon Austin (Percy Harvin 2.0) in the 2nd round and even use a 4th round pick to move up to get him, but why buy the 179 pound version, when you can get the 200 pound original?

I'm pretty sure Harvin hasn't missed much time with Vikings outside of his ankle injury last year.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 10, 2013, 10:03:04 PM

@SteveBateman99: Talk in Minnesota says Percy Harvin can leave for a 2nd and 4th round pick. Will earn $4.02M in 2013.

Slot reciever...check...great return man...check.    I would love to draft Tavon Austin (Percy Harvin 2.0) in the 2nd round and even use a 4th round pick to move up to get him, but why buy the 179 pound version, when you can get the 200 pound original?

I'm pretty sure Harvin hasn't missed much time with Vikings outside of his ankle injury last year.

well because Tavon Austin would be cheaper and doesn't have the attitude problems

I would love to have someone with the talent and physical ability of Harvin, but without the baggage

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 10, 2013, 10:06:20 PM

Schiano would NEVER bring this dude in. This is what's gonna kinda suck for us during the Schiano era. No matter how good the player I don't think he'll take much of any risks on any guys that have any type of character concerns. I'm not sure if I'd give both a 2nd and 4th for him though. Maybe a 3rd and a 4th, or a 2nd and a 5th.

-ts

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 10, 2013, 10:18:14 PM

Don't see the point of getting a guy who is already causing problems while he is the undisputed number 1 receiver on team and then putting him in the slot on a team with 2 very good WR's next too him.

I don't believe he would be too happy in that situation.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 10, 2013, 10:26:15 PM

He gets  a migraine every 5 minutes . No thanks.

if i'm not mistaken, he got the migraines in check last yr. As a matter of fact, i need whatever he's taking.

-------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools