Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
« #15 : February 10, 2013, 10:40:41 PM »

Harvin hates being a part of the Minnesota Vikings organization, that has been aparent ever since he was drafted. For those who cite 'character concerns', I ask, when have you ever heard of Harvin pulling these stunt as a Gator? Sometimes in the NFL, players just need a change of scenery and I think bringing Harvin to Tampa would resolve his locker room issues. Not only would he be two hours away from his alma mater, but he would be in a city with an atomosphere and climate much more appealing than those of Minnesota. The reward (Harvin's production potential in Tampa) far outwieghs the risk (giving up a 3rd round draft choice for a guy you might have to send packing) IMO.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #16 : February 10, 2013, 10:44:41 PM »

2nd and a 4th? I'll take Stedman Bailey and Gavin Escobar with those picks. Screw Harvin.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #17 : February 10, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »

Harvin hates being a part of the Minnesota Vikings organization, that has been aparent ever since he was drafted. For those who cite 'character concerns', I ask, when have you ever heard of Harvin pulling these stunt as a Gator? Sometimes in the NFL, players just need a change of scenery and I think bringing Harvin to Tampa would resolve his locker room issues. Not only would he be two hours away from his alma mater, but he would be in a city with an atomosphere and climate much more appealing than those of Minnesota. The reward (Harvin's production potential in Tampa) far outwieghs the risk (giving up a 3rd round draft choice for a guy you might have to send packing) IMO.
He just wants out of Minnesota and I don't blame him. I still want him but didn't he beat the hell out of one his teammates at UF?

Immaturity issues in the past but he's hasn't had a tough no nonsense coach like Schiano either. I think our situation is exactly what he needs.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #18 : February 10, 2013, 10:48:10 PM »

Here's what ESPN NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay had to say recently about Harvin:

"In addition to concerns about drug us, coachability, and lack of respect for authority, teams are reportedly worried that Harvin has a huge ego and lives in 'Percy Harvin World.'"

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gator_clause/2009/04/florida-gators-coach-urban-meyer-says-percy-harvin-has-got-to-be-in-the-right-place.html#storylink=cpy

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #19 : February 10, 2013, 10:51:17 PM »

http://vikingsterritory.com/2012/opinion/harvins-past-is-again-under-scrutiny

I remember giving the selection of Percy Harvin in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft a “C” grade due mostly to the character concerns following him out of Florida.

After three seasons of breath-taking plays, Harvin’s character concerns have never reared their ugly in any big way, and he has actually grown into a sort of leadership role on the offense.

Now, however, stories about Urban Meyer’s mismanagement of the Florida program are now uncovering new details of Harvin’s checkered past.  According to the reports from Sporting News, Harvin “epitomized the climate” created by Meyer that entitled certain players and led to practices that placed stars like Harvin into a special category, allegedly allowing them to get away with things they should not have.

In 2008, Meyer told the press that Harvin and two other players missed four games due to injury.  In reality, it appears that Harvin missed those games as a result of a failed drug test and the University required the four game suspension but Meyer made sure to cover for his players.  Harvin also reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine prior to the Vikings drafting him.

The report continues to recall a story where Harvin grew tired of doing stadium runs and decided to just stop.  When told to keep moving he exclaimed, “This (bad word) end now.”  The following day conditioning did not include stadium runs, and instead the players played basketball.

The most troubling story is the one that tells of Harvin assaulting wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales by throwing him to the ground and putting his hands around his neck.  Meyers never let the truth about that incident become public, saying only that “something did happen,” and Gonzales himself claims that the incident was blown out of proportion.

Harvin, in November of 2010, reportedly got into a verbal altercation with Brad Childress that nearly turned physical but stopped just short.

Harvin has not yet commented on the article by Sporting News and with his surgery scheduled for Tuesday, it is unlikely he will grant media access any time real soon.

At the end of this latest season, Harvin won the Korey Stringer Good Guy Award for his professionalism in dealing with the media.  Outside of the Childress incident and some mild pouting about the sudden release of teammate Randy Moss, Harvin seems to have his life under control and appears to be the exact type of player the Vikings were hoping to get when they selected him.

In fact, if it wasn’t for recent scandals following Urban Meyer around, Harvin’s character concerns would still be just a thing of the past.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #20 : February 10, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »

I think Leslie Frazier and Childress are both pretty no nonsense head coaches.

Draft Aaron Donald

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #21 : February 10, 2013, 10:58:59 PM »

http://vikingsterritory.com/2012/opinion/harvins-past-is-again-under-scrutiny

I remember giving the selection of Percy Harvin in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft a “C” grade due mostly to the character concerns following him out of Florida.

After three seasons of breath-taking plays, Harvin’s character concerns have never reared their ugly in any big way, and he has actually grown into a sort of leadership role on the offense.

Now, however, stories about Urban Meyer’s mismanagement of the Florida program are now uncovering new details of Harvin’s checkered past.  According to the reports from Sporting News, Harvin “epitomized the climate” created by Meyer that entitled certain players and led to practices that placed stars like Harvin into a special category, allegedly allowing them to get away with things they should not have.

In 2008, Meyer told the press that Harvin and two other players missed four games due to injury.  In reality, it appears that Harvin missed those games as a result of a failed drug test and the University required the four game suspension but Meyer made sure to cover for his players.  Harvin also reportedly failed a drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine prior to the Vikings drafting him.

The report continues to recall a story where Harvin grew tired of doing stadium runs and decided to just stop.  When told to keep moving he exclaimed, “This (bad word) end now.”  The following day conditioning did not include stadium runs, and instead the players played basketball.

The most troubling story is the one that tells of Harvin assaulting wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales by throwing him to the ground and putting his hands around his neck.  Meyers never let the truth about that incident become public, saying only that “something did happen,” and Gonzales himself claims that the incident was blown out of proportion.

Harvin, in November of 2010, reportedly got into a verbal altercation with Brad Childress that nearly turned physical but stopped just short.

Harvin has not yet commented on the article by Sporting News and with his surgery scheduled for Tuesday, it is unlikely he will grant media access any time real soon.

At the end of this latest season, Harvin won the Korey Stringer Good Guy Award for his professionalism in dealing with the media.  Outside of the Childress incident and some mild pouting about the sudden release of teammate Randy Moss, Harvin seems to have his life under control and appears to be the exact type of player the Vikings were hoping to get when they selected him.

In fact, if it wasn’t for recent scandals following Urban Meyer around, Harvin’s character concerns would still be just a thing of the past.

This should make any one want to stay far away from Harvin.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #22 : February 10, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »

It really is a shame, his skill set would be perfect.

HolyBuc

Starter
« #23 : February 10, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »

@AdamHarstad: With Harvin back in the news, seems a worthwhile time to remind everyone: in his last 16 games, he has 112 rec, 1492 yards, 12 TDs.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #24 : February 10, 2013, 11:22:47 PM »

@AdamHarstad: With Harvin back in the news, seems a worthwhile time to remind everyone: in his last 16 games, he has 112 rec, 1492 yards, 12 TDs.

Harvin is a very good player imo but the off the field issues are too much for my liking.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 11, 2013, 12:03:27 AM »

Harvin is a very good player imo but the off the field issues are too much for my liking.

The best teams have at least 1 head case that can play. Where would the Ravens be if they Cut Ray Lewis.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #26 : February 11, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »

The beating up of his coach at Florida is  all I would need to say, no thanks. This team has spent the last year getting rid of trouble. No need to bring in a disaster. Trust me, I have talked to enough people to know this isn't a high-character guy.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #27 : February 11, 2013, 12:19:45 AM »

Unbia(F)S(U)ed take from Mark Cook, ladies and gentlemen!

EDIT: In case it's unclear, I'm just joking.
« : February 11, 2013, 12:27:22 AM Spoolios »

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #28 : February 11, 2013, 12:39:04 AM »

He gets  a migraine every 5 minutes . No thanks.

if i'm not mistaken, he got the migraines in check last yr. As a matter of fact, i need whatever he's taking.

Me too man. Imitrex + Benadryl is a combination that works good for me.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #29 : February 11, 2013, 12:49:41 AM »

Unbia(F)S(U)ed take from Mark Cook, ladies and gentlemen!

EDIT: In case it's unclear, I'm just joking.

Lol! noooo.. No bias. Ahmad Black is one of favs and a good guy, but make no mistake, he still drinks that Orange and Blue kool-aid. He is ate up with the Gators still! But I can let it go..was tough this season to come in the locker room and deal with him after the Noles got theirs handed to them in Tally.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools