Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Delanie Walker could be getting a chance to start elsewhere « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« : February 10, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »

Great blocker...great receiver....what more can u ask for?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/10/delanie-walker-could-be-getting-a-chance-to-start-elsewhere/

Delanie Walker could be getting a chance to start elsewhere
Posted by Mike Florio on February 10, 2013, 8:45 PM EST

The Ravens won the Super Bowl, and their ultimate reward may be the loss of more than a few free agents.  The 49ers finished second, but they’ll likely endure far less roster turmoil and turnover in 2013.

The list of potential free agents, as broken down by Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle, is led by tight end Delanie Walker.

A receiver at Central Missouri, Walker shifted to tight end at the NFL level but has languished in the long shadow of Vernon Davis.  Another team could see Walker as the starter — and that team could be willing to pay Walker accordingly.

Other potential free agents include safety Dashon Goldson (who wants a long-term deal after spending a season under the franchise tag, and could indeed get it), receiver Randy Moss, nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga, nose tackle Ricky Jean Francois, and receiver Ted Ginn.

Still, most of the core of the team will be back on both sides of the ball, unless the 49ers opt to make changes.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #1 : February 10, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »

Dalanie Walker would look great in our offense. He can block and is underrated as a receiver.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 10, 2013, 09:40:23 PM »

If they can't get Bennett or Keller I'm all for Walker.

McCoy93

Starter

« #3 : February 10, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »

man that niners team is stacked

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : February 10, 2013, 09:43:14 PM »

man that niners team is stacked

So are the Ravens.   Gotta give props to Ozzie.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 10, 2013, 09:46:01 PM »

Heath Miller topped my FA wish list until he blew out his knee.....now Keller sits a #1. Walker would make for a nice consolation prize though....dudes a playmaker.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #6 : February 10, 2013, 09:48:56 PM »

Walker would top my TE wish list. Better all around game.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 10, 2013, 09:52:48 PM »

I've never paid that much attention to his blocking so i can't speak on his better all around game. I do believe that Keller's ascension has been held back by craptastic QB play....credit Sanchez for that.

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

« #8 : February 10, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »

Don't know that much about him other than the plays I saw him make in the playoffs. He could've just been open because of how stacked that team is, but he could be the real deal. Either way, I can't remember seeing a team in the NFL putting their TE back to return kicks, much less seeing said TE score a touchdown.

« : February 10, 2013, 10:01:27 PM FreeHawk »

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 10, 2013, 09:59:25 PM »

He's one helluva joker....can line him up all over the place. I do love his versatility.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : February 10, 2013, 10:02:21 PM »

I've never paid that much attention to his blocking so i can't speak on his better all around game. I do believe that Keller's ascension has been held back by craptastic QB play....credit Sanchez for that.

That is true but Walker's ascension has been held back by playing with Alex Smith and a freak named Vernon Davis.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #11 : February 10, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »

If we're looking for a TE for Freeman, we need a guy who is 6'6" so he can catch those terrible passes.

Speedy, quick guys like Delanie Walker and Dallas Clark aren't big enough. There was at least 5 passes to Clark down the middle this year that missed by a couple of inches.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #12 : February 10, 2013, 10:09:06 PM »

If we're looking for a TE for Freeman, we need a guy who is 6'6" so he can catch those terrible passes.

Speedy, quick guys like Delanie Walker and Dallas Clark aren't big enough. There was at least 5 passes to Clark down the middle this year that missed by a couple of inches.

Dallas Clark wouldn't be able to jump over 2 sheets of paper at this stage in his career. Walker is athletic enough to make those type of plays.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #13 : February 10, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »

Only thing I don't like about walker is the drops he has. Tends to drop a LOT of passes.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #14 : February 10, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »

True....but Freeman and Clark had great chemistry once they actually factored him into the offense. Delanie Walker is awesome. Whoever picks him up will not be dissapointed one bit and will probably be getting a steal compared to what he's actually worth.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Delanie Walker could be getting a chance to start elsewhere « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools