Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Delanie Walker could be getting a chance to start elsewhere « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 10, 2013, 10:16:47 PM

Walker would top my TE wish list. Better all around game.

I've never paid that much attention to his blocking so i can't speak on his better all around game. I do believe that Keller's ascension has been held back by craptastic QB play....credit Sanchez for that.

That is true but Walker's ascension has been held back by playing with Alex Smith and a freak named Vernon Davis.

Trust me... i'd have no issue with Walker. Honestly, didn't know he was a FA. The more i think about him, the more i like the idea.

-------------------------------------------------------

-ts

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 10, 2013, 10:36:02 PM

I would like Walker, however I would still like to add another big athletic TE, probably in the draft.

I just think 2 TE's are such a big mismatch for teams. The whole Gronk and Hernandez thing.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 11, 2013, 12:41:44 AM

I was a big fan of his in the 2011 season, but this past season he had awful hands. I don't know the exact numbers but he had a pretty crazy drop to target ratio. I do think that is something that could be corrected though and he is clearly a very versatile player who would be a magnificent addition to this team.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 11, 2013, 06:02:54 AM

True....but Freeman and Clark had great chemistry once they actually factored him into the offense. Delanie Walker is awesome. Whoever picks him up will not be dissapointed one bit and will probably be getting a steal compared to what he's actually worth.

Agree with this, particularly the bolded.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 11, 2013, 07:42:10 AM

Walker is a big, physical guy who plays hard, blocks well, and is an exceptional athlete. I'd sign him on that alone. However, his hands suck and he's about to turn 29....so he isn't the total answer. We'd still need to draft a more well rounded TE. The cuboard is bare at TE though, so I'd be all for signing Walker and then drafting a TE. Much cheaper option than Bennett.

Draft Aaron Donald

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 11, 2013, 09:15:47 AM

I'm a big Walker fan and think he could be a weapon here on O and ST. I believe he could be a very good starter, the drops are an issuebut from what I've seen they are from him not looking the ball in and trying to make a play befor securing the catch. Another guy I think that could be a is James Casey of Houston. He's being played out of position at FB and isn't getting many touches, at TE he was stuck behind Daniels. Casey is just as good a reciever as Daniels, Daniels is just an establised vet. My .2.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 11, 2013, 10:41:32 AM

Dalanie Walker would look great in our offense. He can block and is underrated as a receiver.

I like Walker, but he drops it - a lot.

He's a good role player and those are guys you shouldn't overpay.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Delanie Walker could be getting a chance to start elsewhere « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools