Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Rix questions Darnell Dockett's sexual preference « previous next »
Page: 1

Hate

Hall of Famer
: February 10, 2013, 11:06:44 PM

-------------------------------------------------------

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 10, 2013, 11:12:44 PM

Chris Rix questions Darnell Dockett's sexuality on radio show
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
February 7, 2013 8:26 pm ET

Chris Rix might want to avoid Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett for the next few months -- or years. The two are engaged in an all out feud after Rix went on Jay Mohr's radio show on Wednesday and called Dockett's sexuality into question.

During the show -- which you can listen to here -- Mohr asked Rix about Dockett's much publicized courtship of Katherine Webb, the girlfriend of Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron. "This is actually a sign of relief when I saw these tweets," Rix said, alluding to a date Dockett asked Webb on via Twitter. "There was always jokes about Darnell and what his preference was in college, because there were a few incidences of him hanging out with some dudes in the union and some other stuff."

Mohr then asked if there was "sexual ambiguity regarding Darnell Dockett at [Florida State]."

Rix's response, "Let's just say guys would make fun of Darnell in some unique cases."

Had it stopped there, Dockett might have been able to forgive and forget, but Rix wasn't finished, "This whole Katherine Webb thing, I admit, I was excited, a little encouraged. Alright Darnell, going after the girls here," Rix said.

Rix was then asked by Mohr if guys made fun of Dockett's sexuality to his face, to which Rix replied, "Yes. They did. They did. Let's just say there were a few stories of why is Darnell hanging out at this dude's house or this guy's dorm room a little more than you're used to hanging out at a guy's dorm room."

Dockett wasn't too thrilled with Rix's comments and he let his former Florida State teammate know it on Twitter. In a series of three tweets to Rix -- which you can read here -- Dockett said, among other things, "when I see u im whooping yo [butt]." Dockett has since deleted the tweets.

@ddockett Apologize about radio show yesterday Dock! Convo was about you, KWebb & GJones..I let it go somewhere it shouldn't have. My bad DD

Chris Rix (@CoachRix) February 7, 2013
Rix however, is now in full damage control mode. He's offered several apologies to Dockett on Twitter, but it doesn't sound like Dockett's interested in listening to anything Rix has to say -- or tweet.

Rix and Dockett were teammates at Florida State from 2001-03.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21664375/chris-rix-questions-darnell-docketts-sexuality-on-radio-show

-------------------------------------------------------

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : February 10, 2013, 11:36:41 PM

Chris Rix... Smh!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 11, 2013, 04:04:36 PM

Darnell Dockett needs someone to take his twitter account away. He apparently doesn't know how to use it properly, see AJ McKearnan GF comment, or how to not embarrass himself. All social media is a place where people can showcase how stupid they are.

The old saying is "it's better to say nothing and let them think you're stupid, than to speak up and erase all doubt"

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : February 11, 2013, 04:14:44 PM

75% of these NFL athletes are uneducated and their only skill is blocking, catching, running, tackling.  If they weren't football players, most would have no marketable skills other than shelf stockers, janitors, or working on waste management trucks.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 11, 2013, 04:17:54 PM

chris rix, of all people, should not be questioning someone's sexuality. we had questions about his when i was in school with him

on a side note dockett needs to have his twitter taken away for a little while. he used to say funny stuff all the time but hes gotten a little out of control recently

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 11, 2013, 04:18:05 PM

Who cares? Really Hate?

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Rix questions Darnell Dockett's sexual preference « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools