Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock.....Bucs trade down from #13 to #19 and pick up a 3rd round pick. « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : February 11, 2013, 12:01:50 AM »

NFL Mock Draft 2013: Three Rounds of Buccaneers

32% of the players who played in this previous Super Bowl and 9 starters were selected after round 3 or were UDFA’s. So don’t forget that draft day 3 is just as important as the first two.

Caveats out of the way …here we go (In order of the spot each team will make it’s first selection)

New York Giants: Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame [Round 1 (13) from Tampa Bay for 1st and 3rd round picks]

Round 2 (49)Kasheem Greene OLB Rutgers

Round 3(19)

SUMMARY: With the hubbub regarding Te'o it’s going to take someone awfully smart to take him off the board. GM Jerry Reese is just that, a smart guy. Talk all you want about Te'o having a sub-par title game(along with the rest of Notre Dame) or fantasy girlfriends or the level of competition (similar criticism to Brian Urlacher coming out of New Mexico). You are talking about a guy who, barring injury, is going to be your starting MLB for 10-15 seasons, play in 7 or 8 Pro Bowls, and take a run at defensive player of the year for one or two seasons. He’s got too much range, intelligence (on the football field) , instincts, technique, and dedication. The Giants have not had an impact linebacker in an eon now they get one for the next decade. Following up with Kasheem Greene and overnight the Giants would go from having a serious ho-hum set of linebackers to one of the better ones in the NFL (at least after the rookie struggles are over). Greene has the sort of range and coverage ability that if properly developed can make him an every down weakside linebacker.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jonthan Banks CB Miss St. [Round 1(19) – from NYG for 1st and 3rd pick]

Round 2(43) Kwann Short DT Purdue

Round 3(73) Brennan Williams OT North Carolina

Round 3(81) B.W. Webb William&Mary

SUMMARY: I trust Pat Yasinkas’s sources at one Buc Place. He reported the gossip that they were looking at Milliner and Banks (trading up or down) and that a significant amount of people felt Banks was the way to go. That’s a possibility although Mark Dominik is very good at faking people out till the last minute, so who knows. Personally for the reasons given above I would take Te'o, Jones, or Joeckel if by some miracle any of them were there. I just don’t pass on guys of that level. However Banks would be a good addition, he’s long and athletic with really quality instincts. He will need to get better in bump and run coverage but so do most rookies. I seriously did not set up the Kawann Short fall, there are just too many good defensive tackles on the board and two or three of the ones in the first round conversation will fall into the early-mid part of the second round. I limited trades in this mock to round 1, but I could see teams moving up in round two to snare whichever ones fall. Brennan Williams is a mammoth right tackle only who is an old school road grader. For years the NFL has been yelling “don’t kick it to Hester”. For the past 2 seasons in FCS they’ve been yelling “don’t kick it to Webb”. Webb’s a high ceiling, low floor player, he has the instincts to develop into a top-notch corner but even if you miss you get a top 5 PR and top 10 KR.

For the complete mock.....

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/2/9/3970002/bucing-the-mock-draft-trends

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 11, 2013, 01:10:50 AM »

If Milliner is gone, and they still want a CB, I hope they trade back some.  I don't like Trufant, Banks, or Rhodes at #13.

But all that can change, if they sign a free agent CB or 2 ahead of time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #2 : February 11, 2013, 03:14:16 AM »

I trust Pat Yasinkas’s sources at one Buc Place. He reported the gossip that they were looking at Milliner and Banks (trading up or down) and that a significant amount of people felt Banks was the way to go. [/size]

I would say thats a very big development. Would be very happy with either of those scenarios.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #3 : February 11, 2013, 07:49:57 AM »

Barf.

lowlife

Starter
« #4 : February 11, 2013, 08:38:50 AM »

The only pick I dig is Short in the 2nd.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 11, 2013, 12:30:05 PM »

I like Webb - not sure if that's his range. Fiesty corner with great return skills.

Can't really see the G-Men trading up for Teo since there's a very good chance he's available at 19.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 11, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »

Can't really see the G-Men trading up for Teo since there's a very good chance he's available at 19.
That and I think Reese has generally shied away from highly drafted linebackers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #7 : February 11, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »

Yeah - Sintim is the highest guy they've drafted in quite a awhile. I think LB is definitely a need for them, but then again, they have many of those. 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #8 : February 11, 2013, 04:06:20 PM »

I could actually see someone wanting to trade up to #13 for Teo. That seems about right to me.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #9 : February 11, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »

This is a good draft besides the last pick.

vicious00cycle

Starter
« #10 : February 11, 2013, 04:07:57 PM »

I think Tampa could trade back with St. Louis, pick 22, and get another pick or two as well. Green Bay should be an option too. There's going to be a pretty good wealth of offensive line talent around 13 and both of those teams will probably be looking to upgrade their lines. I'd rather Tampa dangle someone like Lane Johnson as bait for a trade then pick him up themselves. And with St. Louis still being stacked in the draft for next year due to the Griffin trade with Washington, this could be the draft I see Fisher and company moving around to target specific players instead of going with the BPA format of drafting like they did last year.

\"He doesn\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #11 : February 11, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »

The idea of trading down and still getting Banks is great , but then he went and wasted all those other draft picks on bums.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #12 : February 11, 2013, 06:38:10 PM »

The idea of trading down and still getting Banks is great , but then he went and wasted all those other draft picks on bums.

If you can get a player you want for a lower price then you've done well. Getting Banks makes sense, the team thinks he's value then getting him for cheaper and getting another pick is good as a deal. Rather they make that count is another issue.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock.....Bucs trade down from #13 to #19 and pick up a 3rd round pick. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools