Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New York Giants' rumors: Martellus Bennett to Tampa Bay Buccaneers? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 16, 2013, 09:42:19 AM

Bennett makes all sorts of sense. Great blocker, doesn't need a ton of passes to thrive. Can still put him in the game without selling out a play. Not a bad player.

Dom needs to bag this kid. And at fair market value.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#16 : February 16, 2013, 12:12:11 PM

This is a question more for the process of things but does anyone know if we can start negotiations with MICHAEL Bennett before Free Agency period starts?  Because he is currently under contract with the Bucs so it wouldn't be tampering if we started talking to him now.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 16, 2013, 12:24:59 PM

I'm sure they are having negotiations with Michael. Only way they aren't, is if they are not interested in bringing him back.

Look for him to be signed or tagged before FA period starts.

Draft Aaron Donald

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 17, 2013, 07:18:22 PM

Have to give the NYG forum credit, though. They embraced our trolling as well as the Cowboys board. The Redskins fans.......what a bunch of overly-sensitive pansies.

The skins fans were pretty wussy-like, weren't they?

I actually got to a hundred posts of trolling as "Freeman" until they booted me from the giants board. The skins, however, lasted five posts. Lol.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#19 : February 19, 2013, 09:49:13 AM

Have to give the NYG forum credit, though. They embraced our trolling as well as the Cowboys board. The Redskins fans.......what a bunch of overly-sensitive pansies.

The skins fans were pretty wussy-like, weren't they?

I actually got to a hundred posts of trolling as "Freeman" until they booted me from the giants board. The skins, however, lasted five posts. Lol.

Same here.......completely took the wind out of my sail.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 19, 2013, 09:58:16 AM

I'm not as big of a Martellus fan as most, but I think he'd be a good signing. I don't think the Bucs re-sign Michael, though, so I doubt Martellus comes here.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 19, 2013, 10:13:07 AM

I'm not as big of a Martellus fan as most, but I think he'd be a good signing. I don't think the Bucs re-sign Michael, though, so I doubt Martellus comes here.

Thats how I see Martellus, not a big fan but it woudn't be a bad sign. This years FA TE's are not that great. I say grab one in the draft or resign Dallas, he pretty much gives you the same as a recieving threat and has been in the system for a year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : February 19, 2013, 10:15:43 AM

wanna bet?

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 19, 2013, 10:58:20 AM

Sure, always up for a bet. What are the terms, sir?

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#24 : February 19, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

Rotoworld is reporting the NYG are unlikely to use their franchise tag so they'll be letting Bennett test FA.

zsmith22

Starter

#25 : February 19, 2013, 06:13:47 PM

Martellus would make a HUGE impact here.

Piratic

Second String
#26 : February 20, 2013, 03:29:27 AM

I don't think the Bucs re-sign Michael...

I'm curious, why not?

Now Playing: Lovie 2.0 w/ Speed In Space!

HolyBuc

Starter
#27 : February 20, 2013, 06:59:45 AM

I don't think the Bucs re-sign Michael...

I'm curious, why not?

Money would be my guess...he had one year of good production.  I think the Ray Edwards deal 5 years/27M is close to what his value is and Bucs should go up to 5/30M.  Everyone thinks 30 million is ton of cap room but you take 6M for rookies and 6-7M for Mike Williams, that is 17M left.  The good thing is most of the league is worse cap shape and this free agency will be a buyers market.  Dom should be able to get a ton of bang for his buck, only problem is he hasn't shown much restraint in writing big checks for average players.  (Black, Clayton, Wright).  I bet at the end of March  people will be shocked at what kind of deals will be signed.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 20, 2013, 07:14:11 AM

Giants fan I know says he won't miss Martellus. Dude dros a lot of passes. Food for thought.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 20, 2013, 07:39:54 AM

Giants fan I know says he won't miss Martellus. Dude dros a lot of passes. Food for thought.

This is what I thought also . But upon being shown the facts , he dropped less passes than a lot of other big name TE's last season.

I think it's because he drops some big ones ( td passes and such ) that it gets magnified. But you are right , it is somewhat of a concern if you are paying him huge money.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New York Giants' rumors: Martellus Bennett to Tampa Bay Buccaneers? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools