Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Josh Freeman “Destroy” the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Playoff Hopes? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

moose40

Hall of Famer
« #45 : February 14, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »

Haha... I love it.  Lets get off his jock (size and arm power) for a second and see how he played down the stretch in 2012.  Heading into our 10th game of the season we were in position for a playoff run.  Yes, our pass defense was really bad at times, but Freeman was awful the last 7 games of the season.  His QB rating was 68.3.  And that's with a probowl WR and a probowl RB to utilize.  And M. Williams is an excellent 2nd WR. 

This article is right on spot.  I've said this many times.  Once he goes into his mid game funks he demorilizes the team.  Against Atl he missed 2 wideopen WRs for TDs.  Against Denver our defense held P. Manning and the offense to 10 pts at halftime... Freeman vanished during the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  He threw 2 TDs after the game was decided.  Against Phil he played one of the first halves of football by a QB last year.  Against NO and St. Louis he was horrible.  And he ended the season with a below average game. 

Yes, that's 68.3 over the last 7 games.  I don't care what he did before that, you can't play that bad for almost half the season and expect to carry your team anywhere.  IMO he'll do it again next year.

You can't say that, you can't bring facts into it. It's not a team game.
Freeman's problems are simply this: Bad defense, bad o-line, bad routes, bad coaches and bad fans. He is not accountable for any mistake, he's only 25. He's the Saviour.....

No one is saying this other than maybe 1 or 2 people.

Keep on overreacting though.

Not sure how that's overreacting. I admit I don't have any truthful stats to back it up, but i'll say 75% of the Freepologists claim that Freeman played well, our losses came from defensive collapses. And i believe that is lowballing the percentage.

Most of our losses did come from defensive collapses. That's not being a Freepologist, that's being realistic about the situation.

Freeman deserves a lot of the blame for the Cowboys and Rams game, but other than that, he wasn't the main reason why we lost games this year. Tell me what other games he played so bad in where it was his fault and not the defense's.

It's a team game, and if you can't blame Freeman just as much as the defense for the Giants game (sustain a drive and Eli doesn't have the time to come back, that loss is on both O and D), and the Eagles game (Score 1 offensive pt in the first half, tell me how that game ends?) then you must be blind. I'm not saying Freeman is the only blame. I blast Freeman because he is a first round qb and plays like a 5th round qb. Enough with the excuses for this guy. He either needs to step up and be a 1st round qb, or he needs to become the next Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf and have a meltdown and get the hell out of the league.

For every missed interception by Gorrer to seal a win, there is a 15yard overthrow by Freeman that should have been a td to VJax or MWilliams

You just blamed the Giants game on Freeman because he scored too quickly at the end? LOL. That pretty much tells the whole story right there about how bad our defense is. And even after the defense blew it again, Freeman almost led us down the field to score to tie it up again. He made a PERFECT throw to Mike Williams in a very tight window, but unfortunately, Mike couldn't mantain control and was bobbled it as he was coming down. You blaming Freeman for losing a game where we scored 34 points and our defense gave up 25 points in 1 **CENSORED**ing quarter is hilarious.

The Eagles game Freeman definitely deserves some of the blame. He played like dog**CENSORED** in the 1st half but came back strong in the 2nd half and gave us the chance to win. But it's not his fault the defense let Nick Foles have a career day and score 2 TD's in the final 5 minutes. Schiano's conservative playcalling on our last possession on offense also didn't help. In the end though, all we needed was to stop a 4th round rookie QB for one drive, but our garbage secondary couldn't do it. The defense blew it once again.

The Eagles game, Freeman sucked eggs until the Special Teams gave him the ball on a platter in the second half. In no way did Freeman lead the resurgence in the second half, that was a spark caused by special teams.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #46 : February 14, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »

Haha... I love it.  Lets get off his jock (size and arm power) for a second and see how he played down the stretch in 2012.  Heading into our 10th game of the season we were in position for a playoff run.  Yes, our pass defense was really bad at times, but Freeman was awful the last 7 games of the season.  His QB rating was 68.3.  And that's with a probowl WR and a probowl RB to utilize.  And M. Williams is an excellent 2nd WR. 

This article is right on spot.  I've said this many times.  Once he goes into his mid game funks he demorilizes the team.  Against Atl he missed 2 wideopen WRs for TDs.  Against Denver our defense held P. Manning and the offense to 10 pts at halftime... Freeman vanished during the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  He threw 2 TDs after the game was decided.  Against Phil he played one of the first halves of football by a QB last year.  Against NO and St. Louis he was horrible.  And he ended the season with a below average game. 

Yes, that's 68.3 over the last 7 games.  I don't care what he did before that, you can't play that bad for almost half the season and expect to carry your team anywhere.  IMO he'll do it again next year.

Freeman's problems are simply this: Bad defense, bad o-line, bad routes, bad coaches and bad fans. He is not accountable for any mistake, he's only 25. He's the Saviour.....

Not sure how that's overreacting. I admit I don't have any truthful stats to back it up, but i'll say 75% of the Freepologists claim that Freeman played well, our losses came from defensive collapses. And i believe that is lowballing the percentage.

Most of our losses did come from defensive collapses. That's not being a Freepologist, that's being realistic about the situation.

Freeman deserves a lot of the blame for the Cowboys and Rams game, but other than that, he wasn't the main reason why we lost games this year. Tell me what other games he played so bad in where it was his fault and not the defense's.

It's a team game, and if you can't blame Freeman just as much as the defense for the Giants game (sustain a drive and Eli doesn't have the time to come back, that loss is on both O and D), and the Eagles game (Score 1 offensive pt in the first half, tell me how that game ends?) then you must be blind. I'm not saying Freeman is the only blame. I blast Freeman because he is a first round qb and plays like a 5th round qb. Enough with the excuses for this guy. He either needs to step up and be a 1st round qb, or he needs to become the next Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf and have a meltdown and get the hell out of the league.

For every missed interception by Gorrer to seal a win, there is a 15yard overthrow by Freeman that should have been a td to VJax or MWilliams

You just blamed the Giants game on Freeman because he scored too quickly at the end? LOL. That pretty much tells the whole story right there about how bad our defense is. And even after the defense blew it again, Freeman almost led us down the field to score to tie it up again. He made a PERFECT throw to Mike Williams in a very tight window, but unfortunately, Mike couldn't mantain control and was bobbled it as he was coming down. You blaming Freeman for losing a game where we scored 34 points and our defense gave up 25 points in 1 **CENSORED**ing quarter is hilarious.

The Eagles game Freeman definitely deserves some of the blame. He played like dog**CENSORED** in the 1st half but came back strong in the 2nd half and gave us the chance to win. But it's not his fault the defense let Nick Foles have a career day and score 2 TD's in the final 5 minutes. Schiano's conservative playcalling on our last possession on offense also didn't help. In the end though, all we needed was to stop a 4th round rookie QB for one drive, but our garbage secondary couldn't do it. The defense blew it once again.

The Eagles game, Freeman sucked eggs until the Special Teams gave him the ball on a platter in the second half. In no way did Freeman lead the resurgence in the second half, that was a spark caused by special teams.

That was one drive and anyways, Freeman got the ball into the endzone, not the special teams. Freeman had some big completions on the other 2 scoring drives. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse if you ask me.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #47 : February 14, 2013, 03:46:19 PM »

RogerGodellSucks / BucBalla - That is a very naive way to look at it.  We can't pick the season apart game by game and say "The defensive backs lost the Giants game.

When have I ever picked out game by game??

moose40

Hall of Famer
« #48 : February 14, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »

That was one drive and anyways, Freeman got the ball into the endzone, not the special teams. Freeman had some big completions on the other 2 scoring drives. Sounds like a pretty lame excuse if you ask me.
Thank god the Special Teams gave em the ball at the Philly 5, lord knows Freeman didn't sustain many drives earlier. And Martin gave em the ball at the 1 yd line.
 Hooray Freeman, you successfully moved the ball 1 yard.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #49 : February 14, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »

How many of you were at FanFest a few years go when Freeman, JJ and Carpenter(i believe) were involved in a passing 'competition'?

Close your eyes and go back to that night.... remember the embarrassment you felt as Free overthrew golf cart after golf cart, no pressure in his face? Ok..... you can open your eyes now..... and tell me why we should expect anything different from him?

-------------------------------------------------------

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #50 : February 14, 2013, 07:11:01 PM »

How many of you were at FanFest a few years go when Freeman, JJ and Carpenter(i believe) were involved in a passing 'competition'?

Close your eyes and go back to that night.... remember the embarrassment you felt as Free overthrew golf cart after golf cart, no pressure in his face? Ok..... you can open your eyes now..... and tell me why we should expect anything different from him?

...but..did you not see how bad the defense was in their defensive drills??

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

ehinote

Starter
« #51 : February 14, 2013, 07:19:24 PM »

Hate... I was there that night! And yes, it was embarrassing.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #52 : February 14, 2013, 07:54:06 PM »

LOL....i thought it was just me

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #53 : February 15, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »

Bring back Josh Johnson!!!!!! He never got a fair chance!!!!!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

moose40

Hall of Famer
« #54 : February 15, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »

Shaun King..... He will save us.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #55 : February 15, 2013, 06:31:32 PM »

hell....he missed the targets too!!!

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #56 : February 15, 2013, 10:58:18 PM »

Recall that quite well. It was painful as hell to watch. .
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Josh Freeman “Destroy” the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Playoff Hopes? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools