Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes enters the picture for Buccaneers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 12, 2013, 10:23:22 PM

You could, or you could lose out on the guy you really want and need. I just think that the drafting and scouting process is far from an exact science, so to say this guy should be drafted between 16 and 24, so I won't take him at 13....just seems silly to me. If a guy has a first round grade, and he fills a need....then I think you take him. Unless there is another guy that you have rated way higher.

Only time I would trade back, is if there are several guys still on the board that all have equal rankings on your board. At that point you can risk it. If Milliner is gone though, and Rhodes is the only other CB you have a 1st round grade one...then in my mind you don't screw around, you just take him.
: February 12, 2013, 10:25:46 PM JDouble

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 12, 2013, 10:31:11 PM

You could, or you could lose out on the guy you really want and need. I just think that the drafting and scouting process is far from an exact science, so to say this guy should be drafted between 16 and 24, so I won't take him at 13....just seems silly to me. If a guy has a first round grade, and he fills a need....then I think you take him. Unless there is another guy that you have rated way higher.

Only time I would trade back, is if there are several guys still on the board that all have equal rankings on your board. At that point you can risk it. If Milliner is gone though, and Rhodes is the only other CB you have a 1st round grade one...then in my mind you don't screw around, you just take him.

GM's talk all the time.  They all have a pretty good idea,  who the other guy is selecting. So if you have an opportunity to get an extra pick, why not.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 12, 2013, 10:51:51 PM

GM's do everything they can to get a leg up because their job is on the line. I really doubt they tell each other who they are going to pick. They may share opinions on certain players, but even that has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Rhodes enters the picture for Buccaneers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools