Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Bucs believe they will not reach a deal with Williams, is Harvin an option ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 12, 2013, 09:38:12 PM

Every time I see Harvin's name, all I see are reports about him having a migrane and unable to play.

No thanks, will pass.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 12, 2013, 09:58:53 PM

Every time I see Harvin's name, all I see are reports about him having a migrane and unable to play.

No thanks, will pass.

I believe he got that under control last year.  Something about a neck problem that was causing the migraines.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#32 : February 13, 2013, 12:45:39 AM

Harvin is very talented, but.............won't fit with what the Bucs are trying to do.  Lets hope Benn can return to health and finally prosper as the #3WR.  MWill is a keeper and we just won't have the money to retain Harvin long-term and he would be a d-bag if we did not sign him to an extension and he had to put his toes on the line.  He would probably find himself in the trainer's room more than he is now.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 13, 2013, 03:34:32 PM

Forget about Harvin being a Buc.

Percy Harvin considers himself one of the NFL's top wide receivers and should be compensated accordingly, a Minnesota Vikings team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson Wednesday. The source said Harvin is angling for a deal in the ballpark of the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson (eight years, $132 million) and the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $120 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138844/article/minnesota-vikings-source-wants-to-keep-percy-harvin

youngone

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 13, 2013, 03:36:29 PM

If that's true, nevermind.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#35 : February 13, 2013, 07:22:40 PM

If it wasn't for Harvin's poor character and diva attitude, I would want us to go after him. But please, stop acting like Mike Will is better than Harvin. He's not even close

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 13, 2013, 07:28:03 PM

I'd take Mike every time. He averages more yards and more TDs per year, he plays outside and makes amazing circus catches, and he doesn't miss games from migraines or laziness. He also has a higher yards per catch average and has more TDs in three years than Harvin does in four years.

If you want a guy that can play slot, running back, and be a kick returner....then take Harvin.

If you want the best receiver, take Mike Williams.
: February 13, 2013, 07:32:50 PM JDouble

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#37 : February 13, 2013, 07:43:25 PM

Sorry, I love Mike. But he's not the better receiver. You saw how he struggled last year when he was the number 1 option. I'll say he's perfect for our offense. But Harvin has been putting up amazing numbers with pretty much no other good receiver around him.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 13, 2013, 08:02:37 PM

Amazing numbers? He averages 5 TDs a year and has never broken the 1000 yard mark. Looking at him purely as a receiver, he is not amazing.

Most of his yards come from bubble screens because he is a better runner than receiver.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 13, 2013, 08:43:31 PM

Which of course proves even Harvin needs a qb. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : February 13, 2013, 09:06:38 PM

Forget about Harvin being a Buc.

Percy Harvin considers himself one of the NFL's top wide receivers and should be compensated accordingly, a Minnesota Vikings team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson Wednesday. The source said Harvin is angling for a deal in the ballpark of the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson (eight years, $132 million) and the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $120 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138844/article/minnesota-vikings-source-wants-to-keep-percy-harvin

Was just about to post that:

Report: Harvin wants Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald money

Feb 13 2/13/2013 2:57:36 PM

Percy Harvin may ultimately decide not to report to offseason workouts and training camp in an attempt to get a new deal from the Minnesota Vikings.

But holding out apparently will not solve Harvin's contract situation, a high-ranking Vikings source told Josina Anderson of ESPN.

"As far as holding out, that's not something that I've heard he definitely will do at this point," the source told Anderson. "But I wouldn't be surprised if they're throwing out threats -- that's what agents do.

"However, when you are under contract, the team controls the situation, not the player. I hope he doesn't think a tactic like that would work if that's what he's thinking."

The high-ranking Vikings source told Anderson that Harvin classifies himself among the NFL's top wideouts and expects a contract similar to the deals recently signed by Detroit's Calvin Johnson (eight years, $132 million) and Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $120 million).

"[Harvin] is a star player in our league, but I would imagine that he sees himself in the class of the top wide receivers in our league," the source said. "I do know at his production, when he was healthy, he was producing along with Larry and Calvin and those guys. I could see Harvin's agent making the argument that he deserves their type of pay."

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/32859/Report--Harvin-wants-Calvin-Johnson--Larry-Fitzgerald-money/Default.aspx

I don't know about the credibility of the source but where there's smoke......

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 13, 2013, 10:25:33 PM

If he ends up with Brady, Brees, Manning or Rogers... well...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Hate

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 13, 2013, 11:13:17 PM

or Freeman.......lets not leave him out!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

geetech84

Starter

#43 : February 13, 2013, 11:40:22 PM

11 mil to vjax, 8 mil to harvin, 7 mil to mike will and how much to a TE?  and how much do you re-sign freeman for?  do we keep penn, nicks, and joseph?

just know that there wont be any money left for our secondary...

Go draft TE..there a lot of good  TE this year coming out,..it be a lot cheaper, then a FA TE
: February 13, 2013, 11:42:12 PM geetech84

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 13, 2013, 11:42:05 PM

or Freeman.......lets not leave him out!
It would definitely be the top receiving group in the NFL

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Bucs believe they will not reach a deal with Williams, is Harvin an option ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools