Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Mock Draft 2.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« : February 12, 2013, 12:14:44 AM »

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/165100?campaign=Facebook_writers_jeremiah

Has us getting DaMontre Moore.  Intriguing prospect. 

And I am the guy saying the Bucs need pass rushers in the worst way...almost as badly as they need corner help.  But I am of the mindset that the Bucs will gather a vet corner or two in FA, probably a mid tier FA and a dime/ST kind of guy.  And then the draft should allow for a nice CB in round 2.  Banks perhaps?

He was Von Millers backup at T A&M. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737651

McShay thinks Moore will fall out of the top 10 and lands at No. 13 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers due to “character baggage”.

“The Bucs finished last in the NFC with just 27 sacks last season and have plenty of questions along the defensive line,” McShay said. “Moore has the athleticism and competitiveness you look for in a pass-rusher, and also the frame to develop into a good every-down player.

“He comes with some character baggage and could slip out of the top 10, and would be a good find for Tampa Bay with this pick.”

The only baggage from Moore’s career at A&M came the summer after his freshman year when he was arrested for the possessing less than two ounces of marijuana.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/espns-todd-mcshay-puts-texas-ams-damontre-moore-outside-of-mock-draft-top-10-due-to-character-baggage.html/

I would love it if he fell to us.  LOVE it.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : February 12, 2013, 12:20:34 AM »

Hell no to Moore.

And banks isn't getting out of the first round, unless there is some development I haven't heard about yet.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #2 : February 12, 2013, 12:23:01 AM »

Hell yes to Moore. No way he falls out of the top 10, though.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #3 : February 12, 2013, 12:29:22 AM »

McShay seems to think teams will stray from him as a result of "character" issues.  I hope he is right.  Gives us more options if he is still hanging out...

And from the sounds of it, the guy can play linebacker or stick his hands in the grass.  Throw him in at linebacker on blitz packages and he will help create chaos.  Hell, line him up at DE and let him GO.  Sounds good to me, in theory anyhow.

Bucs need pass rush, and of the bonafide variety.  Not of the "let us hope" variety.  And while ALL draft picks are "hopefuls", I would like to think eventually the Bucs strike gold with one of these guys.  The BUcs lack a QB Killer right now.

McCoy93

Starter

« #4 : February 12, 2013, 12:33:31 AM »

more talent for the d-line. i like our ends but they don't scream elite too me. Moore has the chance to be special

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #5 : February 12, 2013, 12:35:39 AM »

more talent for the d-line. i like our ends but they don't scream elite too me. Moore has the chance to be special
Exactly.  I see a lot of workhorse hustlers on the line.  But no real elite pass rushing talent.  Anyone could be special, but this kid has a nice blend of speed and size I like.  He can literally play linebacker, or line up at DE.  And can be disruptive doing both.  That is a good sign to me.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #6 : February 12, 2013, 12:38:37 AM »

McShay seems to think teams will stray from him as a result of "character" issues.  I hope he is right.  Gives us more options if he is still hanging out...

And from the sounds of it, the guy can play linebacker or stick his hands in the grass.  Throw him in at linebacker on blitz packages and he will help create chaos.  Hell, line him up at DE and let him GO.  Sounds good to me, in theory anyhow.

Bucs need pass rush, and of the bonafide variety.  Not of the "let us hope" variety.  And while ALL draft picks are "hopefuls", I would like to think eventually the Bucs strike gold with one of these guys.  The BUcs lack a QB Killer right now.

You can also generate pressure by the guys on islands doing well. Part of Schiano's scheme nearly cries out loud for that.

We can create chaos in the backfield, but can't get to the QB. Trouble is, half the time coverage is too far away from the LOs, or they're outmatched from the second the ball is snapped.

I'm just assuming here, but what if that coverage was tighter and more talented? Wouldn't it give an extra second to get a sack, or possibly make the QB think twice about throwing in certain directions? Seems to me that iif the bucs load up on solid corners while they're avalible, the sacks will come.

Bah... but we can go on forever with that chicken/egg argument.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #7 : February 12, 2013, 01:00:41 AM »

Good player, but I hope they get Cliff Avril in free agency instead.  Still young.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #8 : February 12, 2013, 01:02:40 AM »

Avril turned down $10m per with the Lions last year. You would have to break the bank to get him. Spencer of Dallas is a better choice if available.

In Verner We Trust

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #9 : February 12, 2013, 01:04:59 AM »

Avril turned down $10m per with the Lions last year. You would have to break the bank to get him. Spencer of Dallas is a better choice if available.
This.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #10 : February 12, 2013, 01:11:39 AM »

Spencer is a good player...but he is coming off a year in which he was given the $8.8million tag. It's hard for me to believe that he will accept much lower than that and he will probably want to be at that salary for no less than 3 years.
« : February 12, 2013, 01:13:49 AM chace1986 »

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Buc45

Starter

« #11 : February 12, 2013, 01:25:54 AM »

I don't see us going DE in the draft or FA...  We have four defensive ends they are high on and nearly all of them can go inside on 3rd down...  I think we are going to be looking at corners in FA and the draft and maybe a backup (or replacement) for Miller.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #12 : February 12, 2013, 01:30:40 AM »

I don't see us going DE in the draft or FA...  We have four defensive ends they are high on and nearly all of them can go inside on 3rd down...  I think we are going to be looking at corners in FA and the draft and maybe a backup (or replacement) for Miller.

That is...if they resign Bennett.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

spurzo

Second String

« #13 : February 12, 2013, 01:32:36 AM »

If we're gonna throw money at DE's, Michael Johnson would be my pick.  I'd rather see us resign Bennett and improve our DT position.  Henry Melton or Randy Starks   

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #14 : February 12, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »

I would love it if the Bucs have to choose between Moore and Werner.  I'm not sure you could go wrong with either.

And this mock drafter must be a Gator-homer to have Floyd going so high.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com Mock Draft 2.0 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools