Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Bucs may not have much choice but to give him [Wright] a second chance." « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: February 12, 2013, 12:14:59 AM

Bucs Q&A: Is CB Wright worth keeping around?

By TBO.com
 Published: February 11, 2013

Q: I know cornerback Eric Wright was hurt most of the year, and suspended four weeks. But, did we see him play a whole game at 100 percent? I know he messed up, but based only on his play is he worth another chance?

Richard Wade, Pinellas Park

A: I'm not sure there is a 100 percent for Eric Wright. He's one of those guys who always seems to be hampered by something, and it's not always a physical ailment either. The Bucs feel as if they overpaid for Wright last year so my guess is they will try to rework his deal and keep him around. If that doesn't happen they may try to re-sign him through free agency again. He knows their scheme, which is a plus, and there isn't a lot else out there in free agency this year that appears significantly better. Put it all together and the Bucs may not have much choice but to give him a second chance.

Roy Cummings

Q: Why not two (or three) bye weeks per year extend the season for fans, player health, more revenues, etc.

Kenneth Free, Largo

A: I have long been a proponent of a second bye week the week of Christmas. It would allow for teams to take a much-needed break at a key time in the season and on the social and religious calendar.

Roy Cummings

Q: My way of thinking is the Bucs must have an edge rusher that other teams will have to game plan for getting to the quarterback. That has to be a top priority whether using the 13th pick or free agent.

Michael Rose, Minneola, Fla.

A: If you mean another besides Adrian Clayborn, Michael Bennett and Da'Quan Bowers, I'm not sure I agree. I believe each of those is good enough to force opponents to game plan for them. The key is keeping them all healthy.

Roy Cummings

Q: Assuming the Bucs sign Michael Bennett and keep him and Adrian Clayborn comes back at full strength, where does that leave Da'Quan Bowers? Moving Bennett inside on passing downs with Bowers on the end?

Preston Hemmerich, New York City

A: That's pretty much how I see it. The Bucs have long sought to have a third-down D-line of Bowers, Bennett, Gerald McCoy and Clayborn. They think that would be pretty potent.

Roy Cummings

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 12, 2013, 12:17:01 AM

If they keep Eazy E, and at that ridiculous rate...well...I guess it will be time to FireMarkDummynik. (idiota)

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 12, 2013, 12:17:50 AM

...do what??

Not much better than Wright?

Roy Cummings has lost his damn mind.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 12, 2013, 12:21:38 AM

...do what??

Right??

Were people not watching last year? The guy was terrible. F**king Dom and his dumb ass FA moves.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 12, 2013, 12:30:39 AM

...do what??

Right??

Were people not watching last year? The guy was terrible. F**king Dom and his dumb ass FA moves.

Dom's move for Wright was a filler. Finn wasn't coming here and the rest were arguably worse or the same off as Wright was at the time.

But again, as it was last season, we had nothing else to bargain for when it came to FA CB's. This of season however, begs a different story. It was indeed a mistake, but one I could live with. At least the man tried to do something.

Wright being a wimpy wannabe thug finally caught up with him. No more, no less IMO.

bucshot420

Starter

#5 : February 12, 2013, 12:42:10 AM

...do what??

That's assuming he had one to begin with

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 12, 2013, 12:47:28 AM

...do what??

That's assuming he had one to begin with

It's there. It's just suffering from too much booze and THC.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 12, 2013, 12:56:36 AM

Not much choice ?

Rhodes
Banks
Milliner
Trufant
Poyer
Amerson
Will Davis

Brent Grimes (CB-ATL)
Chris Houston (CB-DET)
Sheldon Brown (DB-CLE)
Drew Brees (QB-NOS)
Rashean Mathis (CB-JAC)
Quentin Jammer (CB-SDC)
Terence Newman (CB-CIN)
Kyle Arrington (CB-NEP)
Mike Jenkins (CB-DAL)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB-PHI)
Tracy Porter (CB-DEN)
Aqib Talib (CB-NEP)
Cary Williams (CB-BAL)
Leodis McKelvin (CB-BUF)
Antoine Cason (CB-SDC)
Keenan Lewis (CB-PIT)
Sean Smith (CB-MIA)
Darius Butler (CB-IND)
Greg Toler (CB-ARI)
E.J. Biggers (CB-TAM)
Jerraud Powers (DB-IND)
Brice McCain (CB-HOU)
D.J. Moore (CB-CHI)
Bradley Fletcher (CB-STL)
Anthony Gaitor (DB-TAM)
Leonard Johnson (CB-TAM)
: February 12, 2013, 01:05:36 AM The Anti-Java

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 12, 2013, 01:01:27 AM

Yes Anti, the dude is retarded.

(And wtf is drew doing on that list? The guy plays corner also? Beast.)

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 12, 2013, 01:04:00 AM

...do what??

Right??

Dom's move for Wright was a filler. Finn wasn't coming here and the rest were arguably worse or the same off as Wright was at the time.

But again, as it was last season, we had nothing else to bargain for when it came to FA CB's. This of season however, begs a different story. It was indeed a mistake, but one I could live with. At least the man tried to do something.

Wright being a wimpy wannabe thug finally caught up with him. No more, no less IMO.

Tracy Porter and Aaron Ross could have both been had for the price of Wright and both would have been better options.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 12, 2013, 01:08:04 AM

Yes Anti, the dude is retarded.

(And wtf is drew doing on that list? The guy plays corner also? Beast.)

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 12, 2013, 01:20:36 AM

Hindsight is always 20/20.To be honest, I didn't want "burnt toast" here either.

His lions days were nothing to be bragging about. I almost knew it was instant failure, but was willing to see if Schiano's system fit him. It didn't matter though, because he can't stop being injured and can't stop the stupid.

It was a solid effort by dom, but a horrible effort by his hire. I'm glad he tried, but I hope he learned that there are some things he needs to make sure of before signing that big contract. Does it make dom accountable? Sure. But I'm damn glad the guy did something to bring in some talent at a sorely needed and (at the time) unobtainable position.

This time however, I don't think he'll make the same mistake if he signs a corner or two. They'll get paid regardless, but the level of talent and the character of the players will be gaged accordingly before any signing I would think.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 12, 2013, 08:02:57 AM

...and the choice to keep him is based on what? His sterling play? Again, you tolerate his general level of stupid if the guy is Lawrence Taylor but not a guy who should be a nickle corner at best.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 12, 2013, 08:30:54 AM

I will say it again.. no reason to give any FA corner unneeded leverage.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 12, 2013, 08:38:49 AM

...do what??

Right??

Dom freaking nailed it on 2 of 3 FA this off season and this is the comment you make? I do agree, there is a dumb ass involved, I don't believe it to be Dom.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "Bucs may not have much choice but to give him [Wright] a second chance." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools