Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arrelious Benn 2013 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
: February 12, 2013, 02:26:02 PM

if this guy makes the team i think he will finally become a solid contributor.  the knock on him is his ability to master the playbook, right?  2nd season in the offense should take care of that.   benn had a solid 2nd season, and im hoping the injury to start training camp mixed with a new playbook was the biggest factor in his invisible year.  i think that benn will take over the slot role this season, and be the very poor mans anquan boldin.

and as ive said all along, at the very least he is solid depth imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#1 : February 12, 2013, 02:33:39 PM

It would definitely help the Bucs if Benn could have a good year.

And it is a definite posibility.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 12, 2013, 02:34:29 PM

I would rather pick up a veteran like Domenik Hixon or a rookie with good route running skills and good hands.

Benn may surprise us just yet, but I wouldn't count on it.

He's definitely staying on the roster though. I'm not a fan of the WR depth past Mike WIlliams.

I think Benn would be better suited with the 4th WR position, and mix him in as a 3rd receiver occasionally. They need to stop trying to give him the ball because of his good YAC skills though. The short passes and end arounds just haven't worked well. He's a guy who needs to get the ball downfield in open space to make the most of it.
: February 12, 2013, 02:36:11 PM lyronmewis

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 12, 2013, 03:01:42 PM

Would be nice if he could be the slot receiver, with his speed and potential YAC, we wouldn't have to bring anybody else in and save the money.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#4 : February 12, 2013, 04:14:43 PM

I'm more comfortable with a homeless man's Anquan Boldin in referring to Benn.

Maybe even a dying homeless man's

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 12, 2013, 04:43:21 PM

Arrelious Benn 2013

Total shopping carts collected: 24,345.

A Wal-Mart record.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 12, 2013, 04:50:35 PM

Has Benn now reached the Maurice Stovall stage of his career where every year is now his "break out" year?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 12, 2013, 04:56:56 PM

Has Benn now reached the Maurice Stovall stage of his career where every year is now his "break out" year?
I think Myron will carry that torch this year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 12, 2013, 04:58:10 PM

They invested a couple of picks into the guy. I hope he is healthy this year and finally contributes something.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 12, 2013, 05:08:22 PM

Good call.  I've had that feeling for quite some time.

Turn the page.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 12, 2013, 05:12:08 PM

actually, no one should have expected much out of benn this past season.  1st day injury and new offense.  we should only expect breakout years in his 2nd seasons in an offense!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 12, 2013, 06:50:18 PM

Be great if he actually did something, but if he doesn't look great in camp he needs to be cut. If he gets injured again.....cut. He's reaching Myron Lewis levels.

Draft Aaron Donald

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 12, 2013, 07:22:42 PM

I expect big things from Benn and he like Freeman came into the NFL as projects with Talent. Hopefully he can stay healthy and make some big plays.

HolyBuc

Starter
#13 : February 12, 2013, 07:29:43 PM

Every time I think about our WRs all I can do is think about Tavon Austin.  Slot and PR/KR but it doesn't look like he will make it out of the 1st round and I doubt we take him at 13.  Although he did blow up against Schiano twice.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 12, 2013, 07:34:26 PM

Horrible kick returner.  Not durable.  Can't digest a playbook (is he learning disabled?  Seriously...how freaking hard is it to get your part in the playbook down?  Nothing but dissapointed in regards to AB.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Arrelious Benn 2013 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools