Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MAY HAVE A NEED AT TE: FIVE POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGETS « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Jutt

Starter
#15 : February 12, 2013, 11:58:32 PM

Bennett is overrated, but Cook is underrated.

How is Bennett overrated? Hes a great blocker and has shined as a receiver now that hes gotten a chance.
65 catches between 2009 and 2011 without a td. Good player, but not sure he is better than Cook, who can likely be had for less.

See this is the problem when you only look at stats. Dude barely got the ball in Dallas behind Witten.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 12, 2013, 11:59:01 PM

No love for Myers? It sounds to me like he's the better candidate.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 13, 2013, 12:00:30 AM

Myers looked pretty good this year. Was he the guy who completely burned Myron Lewis in the redzone, or was that a fullback?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 13, 2013, 12:11:22 AM

How is Bennett overrated? Hes a great blocker and has shined as a receiver now that hes gotten a chance.
65 catches between 2009 and 2011 without a td. Good player, but not sure he is better than Cook, who can likely be had for less.

See this is the problem when you only look at stats. Dude barely got the ball in Dallas behind Witten.
65 catches without a touchdown is hardly an irrelevant number. And that doesn't really qualify as hardly ever when it comes to backup tight ends. Cook was getting thrown to by Jake Locker. If Cook is a few mill cheaper per season, I'd go for Cook.

In Verner We Trust

Jutt

Starter
#19 : February 13, 2013, 12:23:46 AM

65 catches without a touchdown is hardly an irrelevant number. And that doesn't really qualify as hardly ever when it comes to backup tight ends. Cook was getting thrown to by Jake Locker. If Cook is a few mill cheaper per season, I'd go for Cook.

We cant hold the **CENSORED**edupness of the Cowboys offense against him lol.

I think most people prefer Bennett is because of his blocking ability. That allows us to disguise our looks on offense a bit

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#20 : February 13, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

I am all for a "complete" TE as long as we do not break the bank.  I think Stocker could actually be as good as some of the 2nd tier free agents.  I do like Bennett, but would not pay him more than 3.5-4m per season.  The problem with Clark was he was not even a remotely good blocker and when we brough stocker and the 3rd TE in the game it was an obvious run most of the time.  I just want to see the Bucs put their money into the secondary and pass rushers.  If we can get a guy like Bennett for a fair price, definately bring him in, but not for Eric Wright or Kellen Winslow money.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 13, 2013, 01:00:15 AM

Wolfet, I couldn't have said it better. Get the d into the top 15 overall and pass d into the top 30 anyway anyhow.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 13, 2013, 07:53:43 AM

We need to sign one of those guys , period.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 13, 2013, 11:33:20 AM

The other Bennett would be my first choice.  Good size and still young.

Well, according the the article, the Cowboys took him in 1998 so he's old as **CENSORED** haha. Seriously though, I think if the Bucs could get him on the same team as Michael, that will take the laziness concerns out of the question. The brothers will push each other and we have seen how much of a team first guy Michael is. I would say the Bucs should look into doubling up with TEs, either two in FA or 1 FA and 1 Draft. They should also let Clark walk, cut Stocker, and roll with Bynum as the 3rd TE, who honestly was the #1 run blocking TE on the team last year.
Conjecture as to the work ethic. As for Stocker, I disagree. Give him one more year. Like what I saw in Week 17.

It is guessing, but don't you think that two brothers on the same team would push each other to the fullest?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 13, 2013, 11:50:17 AM

Dalanie Walker would be my 1st choice and the other Bennett would be my 2nd.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 13, 2013, 01:06:59 PM

Myers looked pretty good this year. Was he the guy who completely burned Myron Lewis in the redzone, or was that a fullback?

lolz, it was the friggin' FB.

I like Brandon Myers as a pass catcher.  He played well for Oakland last year and won't cost as much as Bennett, but he can't block worth a damn.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS MAY HAVE A NEED AT TE: FIVE POTENTIAL FREE AGENT TARGETS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools