Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com's All-under 25 team features 2 Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 14, 2013, 09:33:22 PM

Wilson.   He looked VERY comfortable in their scheme.

That's what impresses me most about him....it's like he's been at it for years. Free doesn't look any more comfy now than he did 4 yrs ago.

Honestly, I think Freeman will have a better season than Wilson next year. I think another year in this system along with impending upgrades at TE and WR3 are going to put him over the top. Crucify away.

No need for a crucifixion...lol

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 15, 2013, 08:38:17 AM

Maybe it's just me but I think the talent on our offenses are similar. I would love to have Okung,Lynch,Rice,Miller,McCoy, and Turbin.

our #2 would be their #1 receiver

No doubt.
How did the offense look last year with our #2 WR as the #1 WR?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 15, 2013, 02:04:30 PM

Maybe it's just me but I think the talent on our offenses are similar. I would love to have Okung,Lynch,Rice,Miller,McCoy, and Turbin.

No doubt.

How did their offense look in '11 with Rice as the #1?

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 15, 2013, 02:44:36 PM

No doubt.

You mean when Rice didn't play in 7 games due to injury?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 15, 2013, 02:45:52 PM

No doubt.

Yes. Gotta be on the field to contribute.

One other thing...
Are you attempting to make a point that Rice is better or equal to Williams?...or are you just trying to instigate?
If the first option your answer, then certainly there can be a discussion in which there are positives points can be made for both player. If your answer is the second option...play with someone else.
: February 15, 2013, 02:51:53 PM chace1986

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 15, 2013, 02:49:28 PM

No doubt.

So Mike Williams is a better #1 WR than Andre Johnson since he was hurt last year, too?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 15, 2013, 02:57:45 PM

No doubt.

So Mike Williams is a better #1 WR than Andre Johnson since he was hurt last year, too?

Before we go any further....are you just trying to instigate because you are bored...?
Or are you wanting have a serious discussion of which WR is better? (Williams and Rice)

A case can certainly be had for either one..but lets hear your actual opinion on it before I play your little game...
: February 15, 2013, 03:08:13 PM chace1986

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 15, 2013, 03:01:10 PM

Rice is absolutely better than Williams.  His problem has been staying healthy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 15, 2013, 03:05:38 PM

I completely disagree. Furthermore, ones best ability is availability.....something he clearly lacks.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 15, 2013, 03:05:56 PM

Should health not be a determining factor of who you would rather have out of the two? What about upside in the next 3-5 years?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 15, 2013, 03:10:19 PM

Should health not be a determining factor of who you would rather have out of the two? What about upside in the next 3-5 years?

I'm not debating which I'd rather have, just saying Rice is a better receiver. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 15, 2013, 03:11:43 PM

It's not who would you rather have. It's who is better.

Rice has been the #1 WR for a good offense twice in his career and in his best year topped out at 1,312 yards. Williams has been the #1 WR once in his career (let's ignore the fact that his team's TE was the #1 target) and in that year had 964 yards. Rice > Williams.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 15, 2013, 03:26:21 PM

Sidney Rice has been in the league 6 years and has 228 recs, 3,361yds, and 27 TDs.
Mike Williams has been in the league 3 years and has 193 recs, 2,731yds, and 23 TDs.
So over the next three years, all Williams has to do is play in enough games to average about 12 recs, 210 yds, and a little over 1 TD per year....and he would have equaled Rice's numbers.

Sorry, my friends, but the ability to stay on the field is an important variable when determining a players worth/who is better.

Mike Williams > Sidney Rice.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 15, 2013, 03:43:01 PM

Sidney Rice has been in the league 6 years and has 228 recs, 3,361yds, and 27 TDs.
Mike Williams has been in the league 3 years and has 193 recs, 2,731yds, and 23 TDs.
So over the next three years, all Williams has to do is play in enough games to average about 12 recs, 210 yds, and a little over 1 TD per year....and he would have equaled Rice's numbers.

Sorry, my friends, but the ability to stay on the field is an important variable when determining a players worth/who is better.

I get what you are trying to say but the discussion was about who would be their #1 receiver.  If we traded them Mike Williams today, I don't think there's any question he'd be their #2 guy behind Rice as long as Rice was healthy.  Maybe he'd put up more yards in the long run but he wouldn't be "the guy" as long as Rice was on the field.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 15, 2013, 04:06:03 PM

I get what you are trying to say but the discussion was about who would be their #1 receiver.  If we traded them Mike Williams today, I don't think there's any question he'd be their #2 guy behind Rice as long as Rice was healthy.  Maybe he'd put up more yards in the long run but he wouldn't be "the guy" as long as Rice was on the field.

I'll take it another direction.
Williams has twice in his three years, has had 9+ TDs. The most TDs Rice has had in a season was 8.

How about stats per game played...?
Williams: Averages 4.02 catches per game, 0.47 TDs per game, 2.6 first downs per game, and 56 yds per game.
Rice: Averages 3.12 catches per game, 0.36 TDs per game, 2.2 first downs per game, and 46 yds per game.

IMO, MW19 would be their best WR. Rice seems more like a one year wonder.
: February 15, 2013, 04:08:25 PM chace1986

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL.com's All-under 25 team features 2 Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools