Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets your vote for....The worst free agent signing in Buccaneer history? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 13, 2013, 07:51:29 PM

Wright's play to this point has definitely not lived up to expectations, however, it has been only one season so far. All of the other candidates had multiple seasons of suckage. Not saying Wright is going to turn it around, just saying we've got less of a sample size compared to some of the others.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#31 : February 13, 2013, 07:51:55 PM

Garner was the worst. Typical Gruden BS addition

Also I think Hardy was the most import signing we've had, but i still think Rice was our greatest signing. He put up the numbers, he was our elite rusher, and I don't believe we win the SB without him.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 13, 2013, 09:00:42 PM

i think my HATE for Garner stems from the mistakes that followed. If you keep Thomas Jones, there is no Carnell. Maybe we take an Aaron Rodgers.

Well, when you look at it like that - it's hard to disagree. I never understood why Gruden never gave Jones a real chance to prove himself. And we should have taken Rodgers anyway.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 13, 2013, 09:03:54 PM

Wright's play to this point has definitely not lived up to expectations, however, it has been only one season so far. All of the other candidates had multiple seasons of suckage. Not saying Wright is going to turn it around, just saying we've got less of a sample size compared to some of the others.
Unfortunately he has performed at the same level as he did in Detroit and Cleveland.  If someone had different expectations than his career to date I have no idea what the basis was for them.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 13, 2013, 09:05:23 PM

Harper followed by Ward, IMO.

Turn the page.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 13, 2013, 10:33:14 PM

i think my HATE for Garner stems from the mistakes that followed. If you keep Thomas Jones, there is no Carnell. Maybe we take an Aaron Rodgers.

I see that haha. My hatred for Harper was because was a giant toilet clogging explosive diarrhea turd. Garner was never a quitter.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 14, 2013, 09:28:12 AM

I'll define "worst" as the greatest distance between "expectations when we got him" and "what he actually did". With that, gotta be Harper.

Sorry, I can't fault a player due to an injury. It's football; injuries happen! They aren't a players fault any more than the GM's fault!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Nickerson was the first real NAME VFA the Bucs ever signed who had something left in the tank; True?
Looking at what they did on the field, I'd take Simeon over Hardy every day.
Looking at it from an overall organization perspective, probably Hardy, as he put us on the NFL map. We were already a good team when Simeon got here. Simeon was some REALLY good icing on the cake tho'.... ;D

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 14, 2013, 02:00:14 PM

Well, when you look at it like that - it's hard to disagree. I never understood why Gruden never gave Jones a real chance to prove himself. And we should have taken Rodgers anyway.

I'm not buying that Hate. I think Gruden simply wasn't sold on Rodgers - I can't possibly believe that he would be so dumb to pass on Rodgers for a RB if he thought Rodgers would be any kind of QB.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 14, 2013, 02:15:56 PM

I'm not buying that Hate. I think Gruden simply wasn't sold on Rodgers - I can't possibly believe that he would be so dumb to pass on Rodgers for a RB if he thought Rodgers would be any kind of QB.

I think another thing one needs to ask is does any one think that Rodgers would be the same QB if he was drafted by the Bucs?

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 14, 2013, 03:06:29 PM

Stacked team and this little twerp was throwing ducks.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 14, 2013, 03:39:56 PM

Gruden brought Jerry Rice to work out Rodgers, was quoted as saying "He's a very astute, well-trained quarterback. They ask him to do a lot. He communicates the system well, and his skill level is tremendous. He's got touch, he's got zip, he's got mobility, he's durable. He's complete.", and then promised he'd draft him if available.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MK91

Rookie

#41 : February 14, 2013, 03:54:53 PM

As being born in the early 90s, I dont have much memory of Harper

But man that Michael Clayton deal still pisses me off. I hated it the day it was signed.
: February 14, 2013, 03:57:49 PM MK91

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#42 : February 14, 2013, 04:06:00 PM

As being born in the early 90s, I dont have much memory of Harper

Consider yourself lucky. He was basically our first ever big free agent signing. He was highly sought after by many other teams. Yet, Mr C. uncharacteristically pulled the trigger and signed the POS. Youtube "Drew Soicher Alvin Harper" and you'll get all the info you need.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 14, 2013, 05:10:02 PM

Looking back on those days makes me appreciate Freeman.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 14, 2013, 05:18:19 PM

lolz @ "stacked" team.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who gets your vote for....The worst free agent signing in Buccaneer history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools