Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL doctors have given Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones a clean bill of health « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: February 13, 2013, 12:05:59 AM

Jarvis Jones | Linebacker

Team:  College Player
Age / DOB:   (23) / 10/13/1989
Ht / Wt:   6'2' / 241
College:  Georgia

NFL doctors have given Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones a clean bill of health regarding early-college concerns about spinal stenosis.USC's medical staff wouldn't clear Jones to play football due to the spinal condition as a freshman. So he transferred to Georgia, received medical clearance, and went on to become one of the SEC's most feared pass rushers. Health concerns will ostensibly be a non-issue going forward regarding Jones' draft stock. ESPN's Mel Kiper insists Jones will be a top-five pick, but Rotoworld's Josh Norris expects Jones to slip into the teens; perhaps to Pittsburgh at No. 17.

Feb 12 - 8:30 PM

Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 13, 2013, 12:26:33 AM

Wow this is huge news for him, really happy for him.  USC must have some **CENSORED**ty doctors.

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 13, 2013, 12:34:20 AM

If this news is legit, there's no way he falls to 17th overall.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 13, 2013, 01:57:09 AM

Good for him, but I don't see him in pewter.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 13, 2013, 07:49:37 AM

Everyone who has that spine issue has a shortened career.

If he truly doesn't have it that's huge , and I don't see him falling out of the top 10.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#5 : February 13, 2013, 08:00:38 AM

Damn right he would look good at SLB. He is good in coverage and would be a double digit sack guy from day one. Pray this guy drops.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#6 : February 13, 2013, 01:03:56 PM

This is good news, but each team has their own medical staff that will ultimately make the final call. 

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#7 : February 13, 2013, 01:06:49 PM

Wow this is huge news for him, really happy for him.  USC must have some **CENSORED**ty doctors.
Their doctors are great if you're condition requires toradol, and you don't mind an occasional heart attack.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8320090/former-usc-trojans-de-armond-armstead-sues-school-painkiller

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 13, 2013, 03:06:17 PM

Jones is a favorite of mine.   I'd be fine with him at 13 if the medical staff says he really is good to go.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 21, 2013, 02:29:54 PM

Scratch that... apparently he will not be working out at the combine per an nfl network tweet...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 21, 2013, 03:00:20 PM

Our first pick has to be for an every down player. He would not be that with Foster and David. If not the first CB off the board, then DT, RT, TE, or FS, not OLB. JMO.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 21, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

I would still be a little cautious about this injury so I would probably look at a different player...

That said, if we drafted Jones, he would absolutely be an every down player. He is extremely versatile and could play LB on early downs, and could rush the passer in passing situations. Jarvis Jones would no doubt be one of the "best 11", and Schiano would find a way to have him on the field for 90-95% of the defensive plays.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#12 : February 21, 2013, 03:29:08 PM

Not all that strange for a top pick to wait until his pro day to workout.

I'm still in favor of drafting him if the opportunity is there.

swamp_bats

Starter
#13 : February 21, 2013, 03:32:41 PM

Our first pick has to be for an every down player. He would not be that with Foster and David. If not the first CB off the board, then DT, RT, TE, or FS, not OLB. JMO.
Pretty sure he would play nearly every down. Foster would be the first LB off the field in passing downs. This player at 13 would be awesome. Pull Miller out and put Bennett at DT next to McCoy, Bowers and Clayborn on the edges with Jones blitzing on passing downs makes me excited.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL doctors have given Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones a clean bill of health « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools