Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 350lb Running Back earns scholarship to Hawaii -dude has got some wheels!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Live4BUCS

Second String

: February 13, 2013, 09:41:14 AM

dude's a beast when he gets going. i know this will never work in the NFL, but its still a cool idea lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/monster-350-pound-rb-serious-wheels-earns-scholarship-162529943.html

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 13, 2013, 09:47:27 AM

Beast!

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 13, 2013, 09:48:48 AM

It is amazing to watch. Hypothecially I could see it working in the NFL. There has been a number a big backs that had good careers in the NFL: Christian Okoye, Natron Means, and J. Bettis. Emmit Smith was a decent size but he was far from being a speed demon. For this kid's case I think they'll move him to FB. We could be seeing the next M. Alstott in this kid.

El Diablo

Starter

#3 : February 13, 2013, 09:51:12 AM

i have never seen a man that size run like that.. It's like Gilbert Brown as a RB.. I had to email this to my friends.

Live4BUCS

Second String

#4 : February 13, 2013, 09:56:30 AM

I wonder what his first step is like? I could only see him as a DT

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 13, 2013, 10:19:15 AM

That is amazing. I doubt he has a future in the NFL as a RB to many Knee shots.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 13, 2013, 10:45:34 AM

lol Awesome! Thanks for posting.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 13, 2013, 11:03:47 AM

Right now he has decent speed, but the main thing is he's bigger than everyone else. Once he gets into college/pros, people will be much bigger and much faster. Not saying its impossible, but I'm sure Roy Miller could have played RB in high school and accomplished the same thing.

Good for him that he's getting a scholarship. I just also think he'll eventually be a DT.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 13, 2013, 11:15:41 AM

My freshman year in high school, we had a big Somoan dude like that who played RB. He had to weigh about 300 lbs but that guy could fly. Everyday they would scrimmage varsity against JV so he could drag all over the place. When he ran a sweep to the outside our whole defense would look like a bunch of Sean Jones' and dive in the completely wrong direction just to get out of his way.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#9 : February 13, 2013, 11:19:05 AM

Right now he has decent speed, but the main thing is he's bigger than everyone else. Once he gets into college/pros, people will be much bigger and much faster. Not saying its impossible, but I'm sure Roy Miller could have played RB in high school and accomplished the same thing.

Good for him that he's getting a scholarship. I just also think he'll eventually be a DT.

The majority of players who make it to college are bigger than their 16-18 year old peers.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 13, 2013, 11:26:34 AM

I'm going to guess that's a 4.8. We didn't see him break any tackles in that video. If he was smart he'd move to Guard or DT and use that athleticism at a position where he'd have a chance long term.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 13, 2013, 11:28:35 AM

I've seen everybody talking about this kid's "wheels" the last couple of days.  What wheels?  It looks like he runs a 5.1 or 5.2, which is outstanding for a big man, but completely unimpressive altogether.  The illusion of his speed comes from terrible pursuit angles by the defense -- and the fact that he did most of his damage against 0-9 Kea'au High School and 3-7 Waiakea High School.

As Bucs N Beers alluded to, any athletic defensive lineman in the country could've done this.  If he gets more than 10 collegiate carries in his career, I'll be shocked.

Ms Elam

Starter

#12 : February 13, 2013, 11:51:38 AM

I've seen everybody talking about this kid's "wheels" the last couple of days.  What wheels?  It looks like he runs a 5.1 or 5.2, which is outstanding for a big man, but completely unimpressive altogether.  The illusion of his speed comes from terrible pursuit angles by the defense -- and the fact that he did most of his damage against 0-9 Kea'au High School and 3-7 Waiakea High School.

As Bucs N Beers alluded to, any athletic defensive lineman in the country could've done this.  If he gets more than 10 collegiate carries in his career, I'll be shocked.
Same page. The best defensive tackles were offensive players at one point. Not calling this kid the next sapp but he has the size and athleticism to be a good DT. If he could walk into the combine this year at 350 and clock anything under 5 seconds he would get drafted at 18. Hopefully his college career isn't wasted playing"runningback"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 13, 2013, 01:19:38 PM

impressive but unrealistic. he will NEVER be a runningback in college. maybe play goalline fullback or they might work in a fridge play for him. hawaii is also not know for great highschool football. a couple guys come out of there every now and then but its not like texas or california of florida. id be willing to bet those linebackers are probably 190 pounds. the DTs are maybe 260-270. of course they cant stop him. would you stand in a guys way thats that big? if theyre smart he is moved to DT immediately. if he can get his weight down to about 310 and improve strength he could be a true monster at DT with that quickness

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 13, 2013, 04:59:24 PM

Sorry to sound like Ahole, but I'm not impressed and he doesn't have "wheels." He's not breaking 5.0 in the 40 I can tell you that. The teams he's playing in that vid are terrible looking. There are some areas where that can happen. Check out a the west side of Pasco County Highschool football. The best athletes there are like 5'8 160lbs with a 4.7-4.8 40 time and they look like superstars.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 350lb Running Back earns scholarship to Hawaii -dude has got some wheels!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools