Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 350lb Running Back earns scholarship to Hawaii -dude has got some wheels!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 13, 2013, 05:01:21 PM

I've seen everybody talking about this kid's "wheels" the last couple of days.  What wheels?  It looks like he runs a 5.1 or 5.2, which is outstanding for a big man, but completely unimpressive altogether.  The illusion of his speed comes from terrible pursuit angles by the defense -- and the fact that he did most of his damage against 0-9 Kea'au High School and 3-7 Waiakea High School.

As Bucs N Beers alluded to, any athletic defensive lineman in the country could've done this.  If he gets more than 10 collegiate carries in his career, I'll be shocked.
I didn't read this before I posted but I completely agree. I don't think he'll get one carry in the reg season as an RB. they'll have him somewhere else really quick. Not saying he won't be good somewhere else.. He may be greate for all I know, but he won't be a RB.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 13, 2013, 05:05:23 PM

Sorry to sound like Ahole, but I'm not impressed and he doesn't have "wheels." He's not breaking 5.0 in the 40 I can tell you that. The teams he's playing in that vid are terrible looking. There are some areas where that can happen. Check out a the west side of Pasco County Highschool football. The best athletes there are like 5'8 160lbs with a 4.7-4.8 40 time and they look like superstars.

Which is curious, because the best athletes in neighboring Polk and Hillsborough Counties are the future of the NFL -- big boys who run sub-4.5.  What a difference a few miles makes.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 13, 2013, 05:11:19 PM

Sorry to sound like Ahole, but I'm not impressed and he doesn't have "wheels." He's not breaking 5.0 in the 40 I can tell you that. The teams he's playing in that vid are terrible looking. There are some areas where that can happen. Check out a the west side of Pasco County Highschool football. The best athletes there are like 5'8 160lbs with a 4.7-4.8 40 time and they look like superstars.

Which is curious, because the best athletes in neighboring Polk and Hillsborough Counties are the future of the NFL -- big boys who run sub-4.5.  What a difference a few miles makes.

yea its crazy, but I did specify the "West" side, which is more than a few miles. The East has some decent talent like from Pasco highschool and sometimes Land o Lakes

Psych

Starter

#18 : February 14, 2013, 02:35:21 AM

The next fridge! Perfect for goal line and short yardages up the gut.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 14, 2013, 03:00:50 PM

The next fridge! Perfect for goal line and short yardages up the gut.

DT is the better overall paycheck (last longer on average too). Besides, NFL defenses would light him up in the backfield.

His ceiling the the NFL would be "Blount" level at best. Not bad for a guy his size, no doubt impressive as well, but the guy isn't going to be any kind of "elite" (unless he makes a switch to defense). And still, there is more to being a DT than just gaining the first step, so that would also be questionable to some extent. He's also not going to be pushing/running over other guys the same size/weight like he does in the vid. Those kids are half the size of NFL players.

Regardless, he will have some use in the NFL somewhere. "Odd" talents such as his, seem to always find a place.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 350lb Running Back earns scholarship to Hawaii -dude has got some wheels!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools