Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the most impactful player potentially on the market this offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 14, 2013, 03:25:27 PM

IIRC - Nnamdi is strictly LCB and m2m - Philly put him in a zone... like entering a sprinter in a pole vault competition.

Not exactly Dbuc. A great corner should be able to play zone and man coverage. They should be able to get physical at the line, bump and run, and play the ball when it's in the air. A great CB should be good at all these things. It's all part of his job.

A great sprinter doesn't need to know anything about pole vaulting. It has nothing to do with his job.

Also, I won't pretend to know what the hell happened in Philly, but it wasn't just that they asked him to play zone. He was getting lit up in man coverage and missing tackles left & right. He was suddenly bad at everything whether he was in zone or man.
: February 14, 2013, 03:27:55 PM JDouble

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 14, 2013, 04:36:37 PM

i think it goes both ways.  you'd love your great CB's to be versatile.  but you arent gonna run wes welker on fly routes all game long either.  doesnt mean he's not great at what he does. 

what does have to happen is a team has to understand a players strengths and weaknesses before acquiring him...and use him accordingly.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#17 : February 14, 2013, 05:12:27 PM

We have the 1st rounder and we have the extra 4th rounder . It would basically be like trading Talib and a 1st for Darelle Revis. Steal.

The article seems to think he'd sign for 16 million a year. I'd do this deal.

Best player in the league at one of the most important positions in the league. How often do you get the chance to acquire that ? It would make our defense lightyears better over night.

Revis WAS the best player in the league.  But who knows how he will come back from that injury?

If you want to win the jackpot  , you have to place a bet.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 14, 2013, 05:18:45 PM

i like this.  but you probably still lose when you win this jackpot.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 14, 2013, 05:40:02 PM

i like this.  but you probably still lose when you win this jackpot.

The jackpot is the Superbowl , the bet would be going after ballers like Revis Island.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 14, 2013, 06:33:14 PM

sure, but acquiring revis is a minor jackpot in inself.  i just dont see that minor jackpot turning into the major jackpot anymore, considering his crazy demands.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 14, 2013, 08:57:22 PM

sure, but acquiring revis is a minor jackpot in inself.  i just dont see that minor jackpot turning into the major jackpot anymore, considering his crazy demands.

But you have to weigh the price.  Teams only get so much cap room, gotta use it wisely.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 15, 2013, 07:04:22 AM

is 16 million really too much if he is fully recovered ?? We're talking about one of only about 2 or 3 "shutdown" corners in the entire league. Some would argue he is the ONLY one now that Champ seems to be aging some.

I think you'd have to trust your team doctors and the physical on this one , and if he seems good to go you go for it.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#23 : February 15, 2013, 07:29:16 AM

The holdouts and injuries seem too much of a gamble for me.  Who knows maybe if he played somewhere besides NY, he wouldn't be in the spotlight as much and may not have such high demands. 

On a side note, is the new CBA working the way the players expected it to work?  It seems to me that "good" free agents are demanding "great" players' $$$.  This is fine for those players but it leaves the average veteran players out to dry.  Teams will be closer to the salary cap and more likely to sign a rookie than an aging vet that will come with a higher price tag.  Is this what you guys are seeing?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who is the most impactful player potentially on the market this offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools