Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black Professor Praises Black Cop Killer: "Like Watching 'Django Unchained' « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: February 14, 2013, 04:48:37 PM

Sickening....

http://youtu.be/v-uuGdxLZtE

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 14, 2013, 05:18:50 PM

Deputy killed in Christopher Dorner shootout identified as Jeremiah MacKay

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Deputy killed by Christopher Dorner during Tuesday's firefight in the San Bernardino mountains has been identified by sources as Jeremiah MacKay, a Redlands resident and 1995 Rim of the World graduate.

Sheriff John McMahon confirmed the death at a 4 p.m. news conference.

"My sincere condolences go out to the MacKay family," McMahon said. "Our department is grieving from this event."

The Inland Empire Emerald Society, where MacKay was a sergeant-at-arms, confirmed the death on their Facebook page.

According to a detective with the sheriff's office, MacKay joined the department in July 1998. He was also a field training officer with the department.

MacKay, 35, was quoted as recently as Saturday to the Associated Press -- regarding the complexity of the manhunt for Dorner: "This one you just never know if the guy's going to pop out, or where he's going to pop out," he said. "We're hoping this comes to a close without more casualties. The best thing would be for him to give up."

That was typical "Jer," said Craig Reynolds, who knew the family growing up and became a family member when MacKay's sister married Reynolds' son. "The last time I spoke to him, what impressed me was his commitment to serve and protect," said Reynolds, who along with the rest of the family except Jeremy and one other brother moved to Colorado. "That's what an officer does, and he was the epitome of it. He was not headstrong or anything, it was just that the loved his job and he loved the idea of protecting people."

MacKay was a free spirit, but it was clear from a young age that he would either become a firefighter like his father or enter law enforcement.

"Jer was a very close family man," Reynolds said. "I know that his sister Angie, they just were as close as any brother and sister that I've ever seen." Cassie Summers-Silva said she remembered MacKay from high school, when she played volleyball with Angie.

"He and his family were very supportive throughout our year playing together," Summers-Silva said. "Myself as well as my brother went to Rim of the World High School with him. I remember him as a clown and always in good spirits. His family was always so caring, and you could tell family was No. 1."

As of early Wednesday afternoon, the Sheriff's Department had not released the official announcement of his death.

Rim of the World High School Principal, Catherine Obregon, said the department had not yet notified the district but word had reached them verbally.

"This is a small community and about 30 of our graduates are in law enforcement," Obregon said. "As of now, it's not official and our teachers don't even know his name."

A second deputy was severely injured in the shootout and has been identified as Alex Collins. He is being treated at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
"We just spoke to his wife. He is in good spirits and should make a full recovery after a number of additional surgeries," McMahon said.

http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_22582192/killed-deputy-identified-jeremiah-mackay

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 14, 2013, 11:55:13 PM

Sickening....

http://youtu.be/v-uuGdxLZtE

Yeah but LAPD created this monster.

Look at all the ex cops coming out now talking about how corrupt and racist that department is....

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 15, 2013, 02:33:29 AM

There are posters here that are so anti- authority that they consider this disgruntled loon a super hero.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 15, 2013, 11:49:36 AM

Guys, before anyone claims this professor is racist, understand that he is black. No such thing as a black American being racist.

It's like written in the Constitution and shlt.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 15, 2013, 08:42:37 PM

I have seen Mark Lamont Hill before - he has an interesting pov on damned near everything - and I don't agree with him too often.  And today is not an exception.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 15, 2013, 08:51:09 PM

Whole panel on CNN was cheering Dorner on. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 15, 2013, 08:59:49 PM

Whole panel on CNN was cheering Dorner on.
They are all busily trying to cover up the "credits" offered in Dorner's manifesto...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 16, 2013, 10:31:43 AM

These words are hurtful and dangerous . It's time to put some restrictions on freedom of speech , we simply have too much of it !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 16, 2013, 01:26:16 PM

These words are hurtful and dangerous . It's time to put some restrictions on freedom of speech , we simply have too much of it !

I agree, but I still support the 1st amendment.  We should have a volunteer restriction.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 16, 2013, 01:49:20 PM

I agree, but I still support the 1st amendment.  We should have a volunteer restriction.

You mean a free speech buyback program ? In exchange for allowing an official to put duct tape over our mouth we can get some money ? I like this. I feel safer already.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 16, 2013, 03:50:21 PM

there's a little vinbucfan in a few poster's heads . .  .  guess who they are . .  .  ;)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 17, 2013, 10:22:55 AM

Most likely led on by JDouble.

Dozens of pro-Dorner protesters rally at LAPD HQ

LOS ANGELES (AP) Dozens of protesters rallied outside Los Angeles police headquarters Saturday in support of Christopher Dorner, the former LAPD officer and suspected killer of four who died after a shootout and fire this week at a mountain cabin following one of the biggest manhunts in recent memory.

Protesters told the Los Angeles Times they didn't support Dorner's deadly methods, but objected to police corruption and brutality, and believed Dorner's claims of racism and unfair treatment by the department. Many said they were angered by the conduct of the manhunt that led to Dorner's death and injuries to innocent bystanders who were mistaken for him.

Michael Nam, 30, who held a sign with a flaming tombstone and the inscription "RIP Habeas Corpus," said it was "pretty obvious" police had no intention of bringing Dorner in alive.

MORE: Officials: Dorner died of single gunshot to head

"They were the judge, the jury and the executioner," Nam said. "As an American citizen, you have the right to a trial and due process by law."

During the hunt for Dorner, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck called for Dorner's surrender and said he didn't want to see the suspect or anyone else injured.

Dorner was already believed to have killed three people when he was cornered Tuesday at the cabin near Big Bear Lake, and during the standoff shot and killed a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy, authorities said.

Only after calls for surrender and use of milder tear gas did deputies launch pyrotechnic gas canisters into the cabin, and the subsequent fire was not intentional, the Sheriff's Department said.

Dorner died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the end of the standoff, sheriff's officials said.

The 33-year-old has already inspired a burgeoning subculture of followers. While most don't condone killing, they see him as an outlaw hero who raged against powerful forces of authority, and some even question whether he really died.

Tributes include a ballad titled "El Matapolicias," or "The Police Killer," penned by a Mexican crooner with lyrics paying homage to Dorner, and a YouTube clip showing excerpts from a video game titled "Christopher Dorner's Last Stand Survival Game" whose opening frame declares him "A True American Hero."

usatoday.com

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 17, 2013, 10:30:53 AM

the irony is amazing to me.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 17, 2013, 11:39:39 AM

there is a very large victim class in this country

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Black Professor Praises Black Cop Killer: "Like Watching 'Django Unchained' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools