Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#255 : February 28, 2013, 01:46:25 PM

Had Nikola Tesla been forced to hunt and fish in order to meet his basic needs, I highly doubt he would have had the time or motivation to invent the radio.

So governments "create" markets and Tesla (not Marconi) invented the radio???????????

After emigrating to the U.S. in 1884, Tesla invented the induction coil or Tesla coil, a device essential to sending and receiving radio waves and one the U.S. Patent Office would later say Marconi relied on for his work [source: Britannica].
http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/inventions/who-invented-the-radio.htm

So which Congressman or govt bureaucrat invented the light bulb????

None. Of course, that's neither here nor there, because I never stated that government invented anything. Create and invent do not  mean the same thing.

Lmao - that depends on what the definition of "is" ... is.

Spin, spin, spin

Did you and your wife create your children, or did you invent them, you pathetic, ignorant fool?

When the spin wears thin ... start with the name calling. Lol. All because you can't admit you were wrong about a hasty sentence. You were pontificating and looking down on Dolo and said something that was WRONG. It's not that big of a deal to anyone but you. I think most besides you would say its funny watching you cramp up from trying so hard to avoid simply saying you mis-typed.

Wow...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#256 : February 28, 2013, 01:53:11 PM

None. Of course, that's neither here nor there, because I never stated that government invented anything. Create and invent do not  mean the same thing.

from http://thesaurus.com/browse/create

Main Entry:    
create  [kree-eyt]
Part of Speech:    verb
Definition:    develop in mind or physically
Synonyms:    actualize, author, beget, bring into being, bring into existence, bring to pass, build, cause to be, coin, compose, conceive, concoct, constitute, construct, contrive, design, devise, discover, dream up, effect, erect, establish, fabricate, fashion, father, forge, form, formulate, found, generate, give birth to, give life to, hatch, imagine, initiate, institute, invent, invest, make, occasion, organize, originate, parent, perform, plan, procreate, produce, rear, set up, shape, sire, spawn, start

Try again??

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#257 : February 28, 2013, 02:04:14 PM

Main Entry:    
create  [kree-eyt]
Synonyms:    actualize, author, beget, bring into being, bring into existence, bring to pass, build, cause to be, coin, compose, conceive, concoct, constitute, construct, contrive, design, devise, discover, dream up, effect, erect, establish, fabricate, fashion, father, forge, form, formulate, found, generate, give birth to, give life to, hatch, imagine, initiate, institute, invent, invest, make, occasion, organize, originate, parent, perform, plan, procreate, produce, rear, set up, shape, sire, spawn, start

Try again??

No need to, and I find it extremely humorous that you are now trying to argue that there is no difference in meaning between the word create and the word invent. The process of child birth creates children, it does not invent them. Iron is created by a natural occurring process inside stars, but stars did not invent iron.

To claim that one means the same as the other is ridiculous, and I'm sure that deep down you are aware of as much, JG?.
: February 28, 2013, 02:07:36 PM CBWx2

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#258 : February 28, 2013, 02:11:44 PM

Main Entry:    
create  [kree-eyt]

Try again??

No need to, and I find it extremely humorous that you are now trying to argue that there is no difference in meaning between the word create and the word invent. The process of child birth creates children, it does not invent them. Iron is created by a natural occurring process inside stars, but stars did not invent iron.

To claim that one means the same as the other is ridiculous, and I'm sure that deep down you are aware of as much, JG?.

"That you are trying to argue".    ROFLMAO

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#259 : February 28, 2013, 02:16:13 PM

When the spin wears thin ... start with the name calling. Lol.
Fair enough. I'll refrain from calling you names. I'll ask again, and nicely this time. Did you and your wife create your children, or did you invent them? Since there is no distinct difference between the two terms, are you suggesting that it is an accurate statement that you and your wife invented your children?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#260 : February 28, 2013, 02:22:08 PM

Fair enough. I'll refrain from calling you names. I'll ask again, and nicely this time. Did you and your wife create your children, or did you invent them? Since there is no distinct difference between the two terms, are you suggesting that it is an accurate statement that you and your wife invented your children?

Depends on the context in which it is used isn't it. You would have been better of saying that is not the context I meant.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#261 : February 28, 2013, 02:23:45 PM

Please don't ask me to help you protect your ego. You understand that you have laughably carried on for pages over something I suspect most human being wouldn't even care about?  Funniest part is you did all of this after refusing to go to another thread and boldly predicting that the whole matte could be dispatched in a few sentences!!!  Lol

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#262 : February 28, 2013, 02:27:10 PM

Please don't ask me to help you protect your ego. prove you right by admitting the truth.

There. Fixed it for ya. My only requested compensation is the promise that you and the misses won't invent anymore children. The world certainly doesn't need anymore little Vince's running around. One is one too many.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#263 : February 28, 2013, 03:11:34 PM

Please don't ask me to help you protect your ego. prove you right by admitting the truth.

There. Fixed it for ya. My only requested compensation is the promise that you and the misses won't invent anymore children. The world certainly doesn't need anymore little Vince's running around. One is one too many.

Lol, yeah ... if only I could say you are so delusional to believe your edit. The problem is, you're not delusional ... Just fragile ... I guess.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#264 : February 28, 2013, 03:39:41 PM

Is Thomas Edison referred to as an inventor, or as a creator? Does the sun invent UV rays, or does it create them?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#265 : February 28, 2013, 03:40:31 PM

Government is responsible for everything. You only have a job , personal property,  and goods to purchase because our benevolent federal overlords allow you to. Just ask Comrade,  the useful idiot.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#266 : February 28, 2013, 03:47:09 PM

Does the sun invent UV rays, or does it create them?

I would say generate.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#267 : February 28, 2013, 03:47:14 PM

DBuc -  your thread is doomed now.

CBW is on full Black Hole mode. Man CBW, either you have the most boring life on the planet, you just like to type, or you have the worlds largest and most fragile ego. Any rational person would have never even had this conversation because they just would've said "yeah, I meant government creates a lot of things people need to create markets". Something like that - done. Instead, pages on spin
Clearly, even after trying to guide interlopers elsewhere so they could create and invent to their hearts desire.  Someone could offer God created the Sun and life - and then Thomas/One Truth could play as well. 

I suspect we will get another chance to discuss Dr. Carson

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#268 : February 28, 2013, 03:56:33 PM

Is Thomas Edison referred to as an inventor, or as a creator? Does the sun invent UV rays, or does it create them?

I almost feel sorry for you Mr. Loman

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#269 : February 28, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

I don't ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools