Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#270 : February 28, 2013, 05:15:13 PM

I don't ...

Did you create or invent this post?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#271 : February 28, 2013, 05:20:33 PM

I don't ...

I guess you're looking for co-creator credit since you're responsible for so many pages of nonsense.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#272 : February 28, 2013, 05:36:25 PM

I don't ...

Al Gore did ....I clearly had nothing to do with it.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#273 : February 28, 2013, 06:32:38 PM

I don't ...

Al Gore did ....I clearly had nothing to do with it.

Al Gore never actually claimed to have invented the internet. True story.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#274 : February 28, 2013, 08:42:13 PM

I don't ...

I guess you're looking for co-creator credit since you're responsible for so many pages of nonsense.

pot meet kettle

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#275 : February 28, 2013, 08:42:55 PM

Dolo, it's also funny just to watch all the shenanigans, including watching posters show up as soon as I post something just to claim that I am a "puppet".

That one really makes me laugh.  You've got to admit its funny that I don't even have to interact and yet multiple posters come running most times I post.

Anger run amuck

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#276 : February 28, 2013, 08:44:08 PM

creating is the term he uses - and subsequently he notes he misspoke

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#277 : February 28, 2013, 08:47:47 PM

we will be on page 23 in no time, a lot of stuff about creating versus inventing  . . .

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#278 : February 28, 2013, 08:56:27 PM

we will be on page 23 in no time, a lot of stuff about creating versus inventing  . . .
another post with no substance just attacking another poster ....... hypocrite

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#279 : March 01, 2013, 09:30:51 PM

Dr. Benjamin Carson - just a reminder to any who might be wondering what this thread is supposed to be about :o

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#280 : March 02, 2013, 03:49:28 PM

Dr. Benjamin Carson - just a reminder to any who might be wondering what this thread is supposed to be about :o

I couldn't find the transcript, but I did find the podcast of the interview. It's about 38 minutes long.

He spends like the first 15 minutes of the interview talking about how his mission is to combat political correctness and to get people to have honest discussions, yet every single liberal caller that confronts him, be brushes off their comments and refuses to engage them. I particularly love the exchange that occurs at 33:35, when a caller basically calls him out for being the shill that he is by pointing out that while he claims to be neither conservative or liberal, just a common sense guy, every idea he presents is right out of the conservative playbook. He immediately gets defensive, misrepresents her comment, and then goes off on a ridiculous tangent about how everyone just wants to be right instead of having an honest discussion. I suppose calling yourself a "common sense person", which suggests that everyone that disagrees with you lacks common sense, is his idea of starting an open and honest dialogue. Hypocrisy doesn't even begin to describe it.

He also goes off on this rant about how the Robber Barons were responsible for building the infrastructure of the country, not the government, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the railroads, bridges, etc to which he is referring were all government funded. He also gives the Robber Barons credit for creating the middle class, seemingly oblivious to the fact that there was no middle class until the labor movement prompted the government to get involved in labor practices, the results of which lead to the formation of the middle class. When asked about the exploitative nature of labor relations in the Gilded Age, his response is basically, "so what?"

I also love the part where they discuss his belief in intelligent design rather than evolution. His response is to say that he believes that a man in the sky created the earth and every species on it in seven days because believing in evolution "requires a great deal more faith than I have."

About half way through the podcast, Ashbrook invites a journalist on to address some of Carson's assertions about how health care should be addressed, and he basically gets schooled by someone who is clearly more versed on the issue than Carson appears to be by comparison.

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2013/02/26/dr-ben-carson

The responses to the podcast are also quite amusing. It appears most that commented see right through this guy as well.
: March 02, 2013, 04:00:24 PM CBWx2

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#281 : March 02, 2013, 04:09:21 PM

while he claims to be neither conservative or liberal, just a common sense guy, every idea he presents is right out of the conservative playbook.

Being common sense and conservative are usually not mutually exclusive, but I could see where you have an issue with that.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#282 : March 02, 2013, 04:38:25 PM

while he claims to be neither conservative or liberal, just a common sense guy, every idea he presents is right out of the conservative playbook.

Being common sense and conservative are usually not mutually exclusive, but I could see where you have an issue with that.

While I might object to the use of the word "usually" in your comment, I never claimed that they were. If Carson would represent himself as a common sense conservative, then there would be no issue here. But he doesn't. He pretends to be representing an unaffiliated, common sense belief system when in actuality the guy is just repackaging the same crap that every other conservative is out there selling and lying to people about what it is. His being a conservative isn't the issue. His hypocrisy and disingenuousness is. I suppose it's just too "PC" to call a conservative a conservative these days...

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#283 : March 02, 2013, 05:01:27 PM

I'm not sure why Carson hesitates to label himself a Conservative, because he clearly is.  Maybe it's because many will in turn label him a Republican, which I don't blame him for wanting to stay away from.
: March 02, 2013, 05:03:08 PM Biggs3535

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#284 : March 02, 2013, 06:59:11 PM

There's an argument you have that reversed

Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your next President? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools