Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holy Toledo, what does Vegas know that we don't? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ingey1968

Starter

#15 : May 14, 2013, 11:30:47 AM

I'm hoping it's something we know that they don't know.  Vegas ain't always right!

They will take alot action on the 6.5 and then bump it up high enough to get people betting on the under. 

ingey1968

Starter

#16 : May 14, 2013, 11:36:32 AM

btw, is it just me or does 7 for the jets sound high?

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 14, 2013, 11:37:06 AM

Vegas is not in the habit of giving money away. What are they factoring in that us home schoolers won't see?
Strength of conference? The annual Freeman meltdown? Pass defense last year?
Either way, this gets posted up on the locker room door.

I wonder if us struggling against good teams the past few years is in the equation considering how many we play this year. I don't agree with it but wel'll see.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 14, 2013, 11:38:00 AM

btw, is it just me or does 7 for the jets sound high?

Not really. They have the defense, its their QB situation that is slowing them down.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#19 : May 14, 2013, 12:40:58 PM

Vegas is not in the habit of giving money away. What are they factoring in that us home schoolers won't see?
Strength of conference? The annual Freeman meltdown? Pass defense last year?
Either way, this gets posted up on the locker room door.

I wonder if us struggling against good teams the past few years is in the equation considering how many we play this year. I don't agree with it but wel'll see.
Yeah, there's that too. We see massive improvements on paper, Vegas sees things differently.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

#20 : May 14, 2013, 12:56:17 PM

There is a little more to picture than just the quoted games won.

The odds are fluctuating.  Thus in the case of Tenn at 6.5 wins (same as Bucs), if you take the under you must put up $140 to win $100, whereas if you take the over you get paid $110 for a $100 bet.

In the case of the Bucs at 6.5 wins, you put up $115 to win $100 whether you take over or under.  The vigorish is a bit high.

The Jets are still an interessting concept (7 wins).  If you take the under you put up $110 to win $100. And if you take the over, you put up $120 to win $100.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 14, 2013, 02:35:40 PM

I'll tell you what Vegas is thinking. There are 6 playoff spots in the nfc. Just about every Bookey and professional analyst will give 3 slots to the packers, the 49ers, and the falcons. Then you have the next level of teams that are young and rising like us, but with more wins, along with veteran teams that have been more competitive in the win column in recent years. Seahawks, redskins, NYG, Da Bears, last but least Aints. Then after those 8 teams you have the sleeper picks. Cowboys, eagles, bucs, Detroit, and the Vikings. And I think we'd come in 3rd in terms of votes for sleeper picks. Also the few teams not mentioned aren't easy Ws on the schedule and are all expecting improvement as well. The rams, and cardinals are competitive teams in the same situation as us, trying to put together a team that can do it for 4 quarters for 16 Weeks not every now and then. And the panthers a young team that's improving and will never be an easy W for us simply because we are in the same division.
 Believe me, everyone sees the improved secondary, but the bucs have to string together some wins, before Vegas and analyst jump us over all these teams. We have to prove it on the field first. I think we can though, but just be prepared for the preseason predictions to have us around 6 to 8 wins.

blackfoot

Starter
#22 : May 14, 2013, 02:48:52 PM

Oh I would like some Money on THAT.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Holy Toledo, what does Vegas know that we don't? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools