Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Won't Franchise Bennett « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

vicious00cycle

Starter
#30 : February 23, 2013, 02:34:35 PM

Would the new contract offer be based on his production to this point, or potential moving forward? I think you HAVE to make on offer that reflects production with performance based incentives. If Bennett can't see the logic in this kind of offer and would rather get an immediate dividends based on 2012 performance, then so be it. I think at that point it becomes a pretty big loss for Bennett's continued development. Not saying that it wouldn't hurt to lose him, but I feel confident that Dom has made him a generous and fair enough offer up to this point. I also don't necessarily blame Bennett for testing the waters either. But I have faith that there's some kind of "Plan B" in place should he walk. Freeney possibly?

\"He doesn\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\"

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 23, 2013, 02:44:54 PM

I also don't necessarily blame Bennett for testing the waters either.

Agreed.  This will be his best chance at a big contract.

If he is offered significantly more money elsewhere, I would be surprised to see him sign with Tampa for less.

Turn the page.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 23, 2013, 02:45:37 PM

Marcus Jones was a first round pick that didn't have to earn anything. He was handed his starting spot from day one and didn't live up to his draft status. How is that anything like Bennett?

Think harder oh naive one.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 23, 2013, 02:47:44 PM

Marcus Jones was a first round pick that didn't have to earn anything. He was handed his starting spot from day one and didn't live up to his draft status. How is that anything like Bennett?

Oh please enlighten me moronic one.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 23, 2013, 04:41:26 PM

It's hard to  find time to think with all that "film" he watches ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

spurzo

Second String

#35 : February 23, 2013, 09:12:59 PM

They really don't seem concerned about Bowers legal issues in this case?  I think Bennett's very valuable and this doesn't lineup with Dominik's earlier comments about how he envisions our third down pass rush to be Clayborn, Bennett, McCoy and Bowers?  Also, Bennett represents something to strive for, for other backups on the team, who think that if they work hard to improve that we'll reward them.  I'm well aware that NFL is a cutthroat business but he's come a long way for us and been terrific. I'd be happy paying him up to 9 mil a season.  Drew Rosenhaus is slime

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 23, 2013, 11:23:22 PM

I met with the G.M. and they told me they do need some pass rushers..." -DE Michael Buchanan

This was even before the Bowers issue.  I really don't think they were planning on paying Bennett. I'm sure there are a couple teams waiting to overpay.  It just might be cheaper to move-up for a DE in the draft than re-sign Bennett.

I think DE has become a BIG need thanks to Mr. Bowers and will probably target multiple DE's in the draft or Free agency.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 23, 2013, 11:31:18 PM

Not sure I agree. I think they still want Bennett and will try to resign him if they can at a reasonable amount. I don't think Bowers gets anything more than a slap on the wrist, and his trial won't be this year anyways. I still don't see us drafting more than one DE, and I think we would have drafted one anyways. If we don't resign Bennett or some other starting quality DE in free agency, then we probably draft one earlier than they initially planned on.

sammich

Starter

#38 : February 24, 2013, 03:25:16 AM

It all comes down to how much he thinks he should get paid.  If he wants a fair and reasonable amount then sign him up.  Drew Rosenhaus' clients tend shoot for the moon though.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Won't Franchise Bennett « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools