Boards > The Red Board

SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC.

(1/7) > >>

PewterReportSR:
With his future in Tampa Bay on the line, will Mark Dominik roll the dice on BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah, a player who is loaded with potential, in the first round? What late-round DE and CB has caught the Bucs' interest? What WR would be a great addition to the Bucs' receiving corps? What's the latest with Tampa Bay possibly re-signing DT Roy Miller? Get the answers and more inside scoop in this edition of SR's Fab 5.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8754:&Itemid=15

JDouble:
I see a lot of good pass rushers in this draft, but other than zee German....I don't see any of the top guys setting themselves apart. I don't think it's just me, because if you look at all the ranking sites on the internet, they all have the top ten pass rushers ranked differently. For this reason, I don't really see the point of taken one with the 13th overall pick.

Datone Jones, Ezekial Ansah, Demontre Moore, Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Alex Okafor, Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery, Margus Hunt, Malliciah Goodman, and Cornellius Carradine are all excellent pass rushers, but I couldn't pick the best out of the bunch and nobody else seems to be able to either.....so why not wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to grab one?

For me, I'd say Dion Jordan if he makes it to the 2nd round, or Cornellius Carradine if he makes it to the 3rd. Wouldn't go pass rusher in the 1st though unless Werner somehow slips.

HolyBuc:
Dion Jordan is the only I could make a case for and that's because of his ability to play in coverage.  He would make a very intriguing SLB for us. 

JDouble:

--- Quote from: Foedus on February 15, 2013, 02:06:39 PM ---Dion Jordan is the only I could make a case for and that's because of his ability to play in coverage.  He would make a very intriguing SLB for us.

--- End quote ---

That guy is a freak of nature. I'd actually be interested in him as our Mike linebacker. I think that dude could play just about any position he wanted too.

BucDaFackUp:
I like what I've seen of Ansah and think with good coaching he'll be special at the next level. I wouldn't be mad if that's how it played out altho I do get JDouble's rationale that we could afford to wait until the 2nd to snag a passrusher...

BucsBay:
I like Ansah a lot, but I think his huge upside and the comparisons to JPP will get him drafted before we pick. Wouldn't be upset at all to see the Bucs trade up for him, because he has the potential to be one of the best players in the league.

Boid Fink:
Guy seems like he could cause problems for tackles at the next level due to his quicks. Is he JPP?  Or Gaines Adams 2.0?

Wouldn't be opposed to it. Deep group of potential with Bowers, Adrian, Bennett*, Ansah...if Bennett doesn't resign, go get Krueger!!

CaptainStagger:
For my money I'd be fine with Jones at 13, and let him take over at Sam. Hell we blitz every down anyway and he can cover if need be.

Q Smith in rd 5

JDouble:

--- Quote from: CaptainStagger on February 15, 2013, 04:44:10 PM ---For my money I'd be fine with Jones at 13, and let him take over at Sam. Hell we blitz every down anyway and he can cover if need be.

Q Smith in rd 5

--- End quote ---

Datone or Jarvis?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER:

--- Quote from: JDouble on February 15, 2013, 05:16:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: CaptainStagger on February 15, 2013, 04:44:10 PM ---For my money I'd be fine with Jones at 13, and let him take over at Sam. Hell we blitz every down anyway and he can cover if need be.

Q Smith in rd 5

--- End quote ---

Datone or Jarvis?

--- End quote ---
since he says he wants him to take over SAM, I'll assume he means Jarvis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version