Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: February 15, 2013, 01:09:29 PM

With his future in Tampa Bay on the line, will Mark Dominik roll the dice on BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah, a player who is loaded with potential, in the first round? What late-round DE and CB has caught the Bucs' interest? What WR would be a great addition to the Bucs' receiving corps? What's the latest with Tampa Bay possibly re-signing DT Roy Miller? Get the answers and more inside scoop in this edition of SR's Fab 5.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8754:&Itemid=15

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 15, 2013, 02:02:33 PM

I see a lot of good pass rushers in this draft, but other than zee German....I don't see any of the top guys setting themselves apart. I don't think it's just me, because if you look at all the ranking sites on the internet, they all have the top ten pass rushers ranked differently. For this reason, I don't really see the point of taken one with the 13th overall pick.

Datone Jones, Ezekial Ansah, Demontre Moore, Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Alex Okafor, Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery, Margus Hunt, Malliciah Goodman, and Cornellius Carradine are all excellent pass rushers, but I couldn't pick the best out of the bunch and nobody else seems to be able to either.....so why not wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to grab one?

For me, I'd say Dion Jordan if he makes it to the 2nd round, or Cornellius Carradine if he makes it to the 3rd. Wouldn't go pass rusher in the 1st though unless Werner somehow slips.
: February 15, 2013, 02:08:43 PM JDouble

HolyBuc

Starter
#2 : February 15, 2013, 02:06:39 PM

Dion Jordan is the only I could make a case for and that's because of his ability to play in coverage.  He would make a very intriguing SLB for us. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 15, 2013, 02:09:49 PM

Dion Jordan is the only I could make a case for and that's because of his ability to play in coverage.  He would make a very intriguing SLB for us.

That guy is a freak of nature. I'd actually be interested in him as our Mike linebacker. I think that dude could play just about any position he wanted too.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 15, 2013, 02:11:32 PM

I like what I've seen of Ansah and think with good coaching he'll be special at the next level. I wouldn't be mad if that's how it played out altho I do get JDouble's rationale that we could afford to wait until the 2nd to snag a passrusher...

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 15, 2013, 03:49:17 PM

I like Ansah a lot, but I think his huge upside and the comparisons to JPP will get him drafted before we pick. Wouldn't be upset at all to see the Bucs trade up for him, because he has the potential to be one of the best players in the league.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 15, 2013, 04:14:23 PM

Guy seems like he could cause problems for tackles at the next level due to his quicks. Is he JPP?  Or Gaines Adams 2.0?

Wouldn't be opposed to it. Deep group of potential with Bowers, Adrian, Bennett*, Ansah...if Bennett doesn't resign, go get Krueger!!

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 15, 2013, 04:44:10 PM

For my money I'd be fine with Jones at 13, and let him take over at Sam. Hell we blitz every down anyway and he can cover if need be.

Q Smith in rd 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 15, 2013, 05:16:05 PM

For my money I'd be fine with Jones at 13, and let him take over at Sam. Hell we blitz every down anyway and he can cover if need be.

Q Smith in rd 5

Datone or Jarvis?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#9 : February 15, 2013, 05:26:33 PM

Q Smith in rd 5

Datone or Jarvis?
since he says he wants him to take over SAM, I'll assume he means Jarvis

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 15, 2013, 05:33:57 PM

True.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 15, 2013, 05:40:27 PM

What worries me more about Jarvis Jones more than the Stenosis is his ability to go speed to power. All of his sacks came from speed rushing, without him ever really taking on lineman. Someone mentioned earlier Gaines Adams, and although it's different positions and body types, I think Jarvis Jones (or Dion Jordan for that matter) are in much more danger of being a Gaines Adams than Ansah. Ansah is a much safer pick than those 2

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 15, 2013, 05:43:32 PM

I'll be honest, I haven't done a lot of research on DEs in this draft, but the more I look at the Bucs current issues the more I think we should go this direction in the first round. Free agency has PLENTY of good CBs but the draft has few, and ultimately a dominant pass rusher will improve our pass D by default. It's unfortunate because we've spent a first and second round pick in DEs just a couple years ago, but right now I just don't see Clayborn or Bowers(or Bennett) as dominant guys. It's hard to say where Clayborn is due to the injury, but I don't see any reason to believe that he's a top pass rusher and our pass rush has been a major issue for years now. It seems early, but it may be time to cut our losses and try again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 15, 2013, 05:52:20 PM

There is no alphas on the DE.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 15, 2013, 05:57:52 PM

There is no alphas on the DE.

Disagree. Donte Moore, Werner, and Ansah are studs.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools