Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 15, 2013, 06:09:58 PM

I'd be ok with a DE if we trade back, but taking any DE other than Werner at #13 seems like bad value in this draft.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 15, 2013, 06:18:06 PM

I'd be ok with a DE if we trade back, but taking any DE other than Werner at #13 seems like bad value in this draft.

No way Werner makes it to 13. Moore and Werner are top 7 picks.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 15, 2013, 07:07:08 PM

There is no alpha on the DE.

Disagree. Donte Moore, Werner, and Ansah are studs.
Let me rephrase:  There are no Alphas, on the BUCS roster.  And there aren't any in the draft, until they prove it.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 15, 2013, 08:00:44 PM

Ansah intriques me a lot. I almost selected him in my mock....if I knew for sure that we were losing Bennett I probably would have.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 15, 2013, 08:27:27 PM

Ansah intriques me a lot. I almost selected him in my mock....if I knew for sure that we were losing Bennett I probably would have.

Who gives a ....?

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 15, 2013, 08:30:21 PM

I'm sure I'll probably get some who gives a .... what you think of my own, but Mingo is a guy who I think should be on a lot more peoples radar. I think as soon as either Mingo or Ansah goes off the board, the Bucs will be looking to move up for the other one. Maybe before then.

Mingo has a thin build, but he uses his hands a lot better than some of the other guys being mentioned.
: February 15, 2013, 08:32:15 PM BucsBay

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 15, 2013, 08:31:28 PM

So.....resign Bennett or select a DE in the first?

Honestly, I think a healthy Bowers, Clayborn and McCoy....along with Bennett will get the job done.

Im not necessarily sold on Bowers, but I saw flashes last season in his limited actions that have me very, very optimistic. I am intrigued by Ansah, but the only way I see us taking him is if the top DT and CB are off the board, and no one wants to trade up (or at least give us value for the trade).

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 15, 2013, 08:32:49 PM

I'm sure I'll probably get some who gives a .... what you think of my own, but Mingo is a guy who I think should be on a lot more peoples radar. I think as soon as either Mingo or Ansah goes off the board, the Bucs will be looking to move up for the other one. Maybe before then.

Mingo has a thin build, but he uses his hands a lot better than some of the other guys being mentioned.

Who gives a ... ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 15, 2013, 08:33:01 PM

So.....resign Bennett or select a DE in the first?

Honestly, I think a healthy Bowers, Clayborn and McCoy....along with Bennett will get the job done.

Im not necessarily sold on Bowers, but I saw flashes last season in his limited actions that have me very, very optimistic. I am intrigued by Ansah, but the only way I see us taking him is if the top DT and CB are off the board, and no one wants to trade up (or at least give us value for the trade).

Anyone in that group you're confident in getting 10+ sacks a year? Maybe Bower, but big maybe still at this point.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 15, 2013, 08:35:24 PM

Who gives a ... ?

I actually contributed a thought. You're only attempt was actually thinking anyone is interested in your mock, which they're not.
: February 15, 2013, 08:50:30 PM BucsBay

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 15, 2013, 08:59:27 PM

what can mingo do that dekota watson cant?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 15, 2013, 09:49:46 PM

Moore is only 20. May have greater upside thn Ansah.

In Verner We Trust

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 15, 2013, 10:39:34 PM

I think this thread illustrates my point. While there are a lot of promising pass rushers in this draft, nobody can agree on who is the best (other than Werner, most agree he is the top dog) So why waste the 13th pick on one of these guys when we could almost certainly get one with our second round pick?

I mean it's a different story if the Bucs have some of these guys rated way higher than others, but if you have 8 pass rushers all ranked very closely, I don't see a point on drafting one until there is only one or two left on the board. That's when you move up and grab one.

spurzo

Second String

#28 : February 15, 2013, 10:45:36 PM

With Jarvis Jones getting medical clearance, I think he'd be fantastic at 13...  Plays SAM on first and second down and than DE on 3rd.  The guy made a ridiculous amount of plays in the SEC for two years.  Might not win the underwear olympics but he's an elite football talent.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 15, 2013, 10:52:43 PM

He may have been cleared medically, but do we really want to spend another top pick on a guy with an injury history?

I'd take Carridine in the 3rd because I think he's a 1st round talent without the injury, but let's not spend anymore 1st or 2nd round picks on guys with injury issues. Especially not a top 15 pick. After McCoy's biceps, Price's hip, Bower's knee, and Clayborn's erb palsy and now knee......I think we should stay away from any injury prone guys for awhile.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools