Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 15, 2013, 10:53:35 PM

Ansah looks really fast.  Don't know much else about him.

Turn the page.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 16, 2013, 07:36:28 AM

I'm sure I'll probably get some who gives a .... what you think of my own, but Mingo is a guy who I think should be on a lot more peoples radar. I think as soon as either Mingo or Ansah goes off the board, the Bucs will be looking to move up for the other one. Maybe before then.

Mingo has a thin build, but he uses his hands a lot better than some of the other guys being mentioned.

Who gives a ... ?

I actually contributed a thought. You're only attempt was actually thinking anyone is interested in your mock, which they're not.

Your mistake was thinking anyone was interested in your thought , which they're not.

: February 16, 2013, 07:39:27 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 16, 2013, 08:16:37 AM

I'm sure I'll probably get some who gives a .... what you think of my own, but Mingo is a guy who I think should be on a lot more peoples radar. I think as soon as either Mingo or Ansah goes off the board, the Bucs will be looking to move up for the other one. Maybe before then.

Mingo has a thin build, but he uses his hands a lot better than some of the other guys being mentioned.

Who gives a ... ?

I actually contributed a thought. You're only attempt was actually thinking anyone is interested in your mock, which they're not.

Your mistake was thinking anyone was interested in your thought , which they're not.

Zing, Very Original, "No I'm not, You Are!"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 16, 2013, 08:20:40 AM

Who gives a ... ?

Zing, Very Original, "No I'm not, You Are!"

Why u mad , tho ? 

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 16, 2013, 11:50:25 AM

There is no alpha on the DE.

Disagree. Donte Moore, Werner, and Ansah are studs.
Let me rephrase:  There are no Alphas, on the BUCS roster.  And there aren't any in the draft, until they prove it.

I would agree that the guys on the Bucs roster need to prove it, however, the potential is definitely there for Clayborn, Bowers and McCoy to be absolute beasts. If you don't agree, then you need to be patient due to their injury history. In fact, injuries are my biggest concern not whether or not they will be good players. I think McCoy proved that he was ready to dominate with a full, injury-free season.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 16, 2013, 12:13:44 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Lol. This just shows how all over the place draftnics are right now. One guy has us getting Werner at 13! Another has Werner to the Saints at 15.....crazy. These guys get paid for this stuff!

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#36 : February 16, 2013, 12:44:45 PM

I would be ok with the Ansah pick. I'm not convinced that any one draft pick from this class is going to save/end Dom's job. That'll likely be decided by the players currently on the roster (or any impact FAs we may sign)

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#37 : February 16, 2013, 12:45:50 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Lol. This just shows how all over the place draftnics are right now. One guy has us getting Werner at 13! Another has Werner to the Saints at 15.....crazy. These guys get paid for this stuff!
ya, but it's usually not until the week of the draft that the mocks look anywhere near accurate. So much time to go still.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 16, 2013, 01:33:07 PM

I'll be honest, I haven't done a lot of research on DEs in this draft, but the more I look at the Bucs current issues the more I think we should go this direction in the first round. Free agency has PLENTY of good CBs but the draft has few, and ultimately a dominant pass rusher will improve our pass D by default. It's unfortunate because we've spent a first and second round pick in DEs just a couple years ago, but right now I just don't see Clayborn or Bowers(or Bennett) as dominant guys. It's hard to say where Clayborn is due to the injury, but I don't see any reason to believe that he's a top pass rusher and our pass rush has been a major issue for years now. It seems early, but it may be time to cut our losses and try again.

The draft seems to be pretty deep at CB, luckily for us. Think we could afford to take a DE if we decide to go that route and still get a good Corner in the second . Assuming we will get one in free agency regardless.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 16, 2013, 01:36:04 PM

I dont think he is going to be there at 13. From everything Ive read and seen, he has all-world talent and is extremely coachable. He won't be there, period. I dont think we are moving up for him either.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 16, 2013, 01:54:32 PM

His talent is ridiculous . I think the Aldon Smith comparision is a good one.

bamabucs

Starter

#41 : February 16, 2013, 09:04:30 PM

Dion Jordan is the only I could make a case for and that's because of his ability to play in coverage.  He would make a very intriguing SLB for us.

That guy is a freak of nature. I'd actually be interested in him as our Mike linebacker. I think that dude could play just about any position he wanted too.

Ogletree is pretty much a similar freak with a lot of experience as Mike. But yeah, a freak athlete like one of those two guys on our defense may be what we need for pressures to turn into sacks.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 17, 2013, 09:43:47 AM

Dion Jordan is the only I could make a case for and that's because of his ability to play in coverage.  He would make a very intriguing SLB for us.

That guy is a freak of nature. I'd actually be interested in him as our Mike linebacker. I think that dude could play just about any position he wanted too.

Ogletree is pretty much a similar freak with a lot of experience as Mike. But yeah, a freak athlete like one of those two guys on our defense may be what we need for pressures to turn into sacks.

4 game suspension combined with the new DUI just days before the combine.

Sounds like a recipe for...... no thanks!

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : February 17, 2013, 09:51:38 AM

I wouldn't touch Ogletree or Teo in the first three rounds. Middle linebackers in this draft have too many issues and are overrated anyways.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#44 : February 17, 2013, 09:58:35 AM

I wouldn't touch Ogletree or Teo in the first three rounds. Middle linebackers in this draft have too many issues and are overrated anyways.

I realize that these guys are talented but I would pass entirely.

This team isn't in position to throw away early picks.

Somebody will take chances on these guys and who knows what will happen.

A perennial playoff team can recover from a busted pick much more easily than a team that is trying to get to the next level with consistency.

Turn the page.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools