Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ingey1968

Starter

#45 : February 17, 2013, 10:30:19 AM

I dont see werner or Ansah available when we are up. I believe they will have both been drafted already. I can actually see werner going 5th overall .

lowlife

Starter
#46 : February 17, 2013, 11:42:05 AM

I wouldn't touch Ogletree or Teo in the first three rounds. Middle linebackers in this draft have too many issues and are overrated anyways.

I couldn't disagree more. I see a future superstar in Ogletree (with baggage) and two decade long starters in Te'o and Minter.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : February 17, 2013, 02:57:32 PM

I wouldn't touch Ogletree or Teo in the first three rounds. Middle linebackers in this draft have too many issues and are overrated anyways.

I couldn't disagree more. I see a future superstar in Ogletree (with baggage) and two decade long starters in Te'o and Minter.

Ogletree has failed multiple drugs tests, was arrested for stealing a motor bike, and just last night was arrested for DUI. Wouldn't touch the idiot in any round.

Teo is so over hyped it is ridiculous. He showed his true colors in the bowl game. Add in the extremely odd behavior of making up an imaginary girlfriend and then faking her death....and I'll pass. The MLB is suppose to be the leader of your defense. Teo doesn't sound like a leader of **CENSORED**.

Besides, we have a middle linebacker. He's been pretty good and just now getting ready for his 3rd year in the league. I think a new MLB is so far down the list of needs that it's funny to even bring it up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 17, 2013, 04:02:04 PM

what can mingo do that dekota watson cant?

I'm not a fan of Mingo, but come on.  At this point all Watson has shown he can do at the NFL level is backup LB and block punts.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#49 : February 17, 2013, 04:41:03 PM

I'm not a fan of Mingo, but come on.  At this point all Watson has shown he can do at the NFL level is backup LB and block punts.

i do agree that mingo has a higher ceiling...but the guy had 3 sacks this past season.  with NFL caliber guys all over the field. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 17, 2013, 08:04:29 PM

Explain to me why we need to draft knucklehead MLBs to replace a young player who has been solid and continues to improve each season....that anyone would consider it is mind-boggling.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 17, 2013, 08:55:02 PM

Explain to me why we need to draft knucklehead MLBs to replace a young player who has been solid and continues to improve each season....that anyone would consider it is mind-boggling.

because a team should draft the best player.  drafting a MLB who is excellent in coverage would allow our other young players to do what they do best and also give us versatility and depth.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#52 : February 17, 2013, 09:33:25 PM

i do agree that mingo has a higher ceiling...but the guy had 3 sacks this past season.  with NFL caliber guys all over the field.

He has 4 1/2 sacks. I know its not a good number, but watch the tape and see the difference he made in LSU's biggest games of the year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#53 : February 17, 2013, 09:35:25 PM

yeah, i subracted his sack against towson.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#54 : February 18, 2013, 07:29:46 AM

Mingo reminds me of Eric Curry...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#55 : February 18, 2013, 07:38:31 AM

A Mingo ate your baby?

spurzo

Second String

#56 : February 21, 2013, 06:48:37 PM

Ogletree could play SLB if we wanted, the guy is obviously a freak athlete who used to play safety so he can cover, is probably the best at shedding blocks of all this years LB's and is a good rusher.  His speed is rare for the position.  Check out how much Charlie likes him

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013positionreviewILB.php

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : February 21, 2013, 08:17:34 PM

1. Charlie is a friggin tard and his opinion means zero. Just sayin.

2. Ogletree was suspended not once, but twice for failing drug tests. He was arrested for stealing a motorbike. He was arrested last week for DUI.

3. We deserve another decade with no playoffs if we use draft picks on idiots like this.

spurzo

Second String

#58 : February 21, 2013, 09:30:00 PM

Didn't really touch on any of the football points, just sayin

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#59 : February 22, 2013, 09:19:48 AM

He has 4 1/2 sacks. I know its not a good number, but watch the tape and see the difference he made in LSU's biggest games of the year.

Agreed. Knock on Mingo is he's strictly a pass rusher much like Aldon Smith. We need speed at the DE position, his sack numbers are troubling though. I don't know if the Buc's will draft a guy that will be mostly a  third down guy at 13, but he will probably be the third DE taken.
: February 22, 2013, 02:43:26 PM XFactor

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 - EZEKIEL ANSAH, LATE-ROUND DE AND CBs THE BUCS ARE TARGETING, ETC. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools