Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reports of Wright's demise may have been premature, as were Talib's in 2011 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 16, 2013, 07:54:19 PM

He's insurance in case a worse case scenario happens and all the top free agent CBs sign elsewhere. Wright does suck, I can't stand him as a person and as a player he is average at best....but in a worst case scenario he is a better option to start than anyone else on our roster. There is nothing to be gained by cutting him before we need to, so you don't cut him until, he has been replaced. Pretty simple.

Keeping him could also deter the mid-level FAs from coming to Tampa. Guy like C. Williams, Toler, Houston, McKelvin, K. Lewis..they all could see that Wright is on the roster and think that the opportunity here may not have them getting as much PT since the #2 CB from last year is still on the roster.

To quote Simon Cowell.... that is 'utter nonsense". The only thing that would deter either of those guys from coming here is money. Specifically, lack of it. I'm of the opinion that you don't cut him until you absolutely have to.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 16, 2013, 08:58:26 PM

Why didn't the Lions(or Rams) hang onto Titus Young until his replacement was found?

...because he was a cancer.

Get this POS outta here, open up more cap room, and go to town.

Who is he infecting? What use is having cap room if you are unable to sign a better player for that position? I don't hear Seattle fans running Browner or Sherman out of town for adderal use. Are they cancers? Nah, they are good players. Not saying that Wright is the end-all, be-all of CBs but he is better than Biggers and LJ when healthy.

Sorry, but I see the point of the article and I agree....no point in getting rid of the guy until we have a replacement. Doesn't mean that we are keeping him. If you can do a better job managing the team, submit your resume. Bottom line: you don't know what is going on in the locker room..

Buncha amateur GMs on this board, I tell ya.

This is the dumbest bullsh*t when some types a variation of this up. "I bet you can't do better...blah blah blah." There are literally 1000's of opinions typed by hundreds of users on this site weekly about how they feel about the team. Not everyone agrees...to come up with the lame "amateur GM" crap is pathetic, because you obviously don't know how to converse with people who disagree with your opinion. Just because I am a fan of the Bucs, does not mean that I am going to agree and blindly follow every move they make as if they do no wrong.

As far as Wright is concerned. My opinion is: A. He is NO better than Biggers or LJ...so no loss getting rid of him B. He does not seem like a good teammate from everything I've seen and heard. Of course I'm not in the locker room...99% of us are not. That doesn't mean that we can't express opinions about the players.

I'll say it right now, Ronde Barber is the most important defender on the field. I don't think most Buc fans realize what having a super-experienced player like Ronde on the field brings to our defense as a whole. That calming presence and leadership will do wonders for our young D.....and our team.

How exactly can one know ^this^, without being in the locker room and without being around the players....

Hold yourself to the same standard, hypocrite.

Yet, the talking heads on ESPN still have questions for their "experts" like "Who makes the playoffs, Dallas or New Orleans?"

Lets' take a page out of the "Hayseed playbook"...."If you think you could do any better than those talking heads on ESPN....why don't you submit your resume?"

Get that weakass sh*t outta here.

Really? You want to thump your chest a little bit more, you kindergartner? How do I know that veteran leadership does wonders for a young team? Maybe the fact that Ive spent 20 years in the military led me to make that statement...because Ive seen what the impacts of steady, veteran leadership does for a group of young men.

You want to call me out for questioning ESPN analysts talking about Dallas and New Orleans making the playoffs while they excluded teams like Seattle and Washington? I may not know as much about football as some of them, but I do know when they're trying to get ratings by attracting listeners.

I dont know how to converse with people with differing opinions? I simply bring up the point that maybe the team is doing the right thing by waiting until they have a better player to replace Wright, and you are the one who goes high and right with the "POS" and "cancer" talk.

Again, I think you are a child...or at least have the mentality of one. How you have survived this long without being hit by a bus is beyond reason.

Wasn't exactly thumping my chest...and no, I'm not a "kindergartner". Lol.

The ESPN quote just showed how much of a hypocrite you are.

High and right?...nah. Not really. Nice try though.

Buses? Pssht...I'm very very shifty.

Your "amateur GM" BS, is pathetic..along with your blind homerism.

and FYI, you were still unsuccessful at getting that weakass sh*t outta here.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 16, 2013, 09:46:43 PM

K, guy.

Pretty solid response there.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

bamabucs

Starter

#33 : February 16, 2013, 10:00:51 PM

What are the credentials of this Sanders Philipse guy? Why does he feel Eric Wright is a "pretty good" cornerback? He does not provide a shred of evidence to validate his claim.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 16, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

How specifically does it benefit the team to cut him today?

Well I guess if Rutgers gives a damn (and he doesn't obviously) about his Buccaneer Men BS he'd cut him.

Plus...why not? He's terrible. He's a moron. He's not fooling anyone into thinking we aren't desperate for a CB in FA or the draft.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 16, 2013, 11:21:38 PM

How specifically does it benefit the team to cut him today?

Well I guess if Rutgers gives a damn (and he doesn't obviously) about his Buccaneer Men BS he'd cut him.

Plus...why not? He's terrible. He's a moron. He's not fooling anyone into thinking we aren't desperate for a CB in FA or the draft.

Dude, i agree with every attribute that you bestowed upon him however....its the offseason and Wright isn't corrupting anyone so again, i ask..... how, exactly, does it benefit the team to cut him today?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

sammich

Starter

#36 : February 16, 2013, 11:54:09 PM

As has been said several times it doesn't hurt us at all to keep him around just in case.  The dominos may fall in just such a way that we can't get 2-3 CBs with starter potential.  We may be able to get something in a trade.  Anything is possible and it costs us nothing to hang onto him until we know for sure.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 17, 2013, 02:11:41 AM

...I don't want wright to even gather up the Gatorade. Might end up getting all our players suspended.

Seriously though, he and talib can be on the bucs for all I care. Aw, hell.. Let's also find out what Charlie sheen has been up to and see if he'll sign.

**CENSORED**, he has the good stuff..no **CENSORED** adderall.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Reports of Wright's demise may have been premature, as were Talib's in 2011 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools