Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock Rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 16, 2013, 11:29:28 PM

It says te'o would be a late 1st round pick.

Would anyone be opposed to drafting him if dom went back into the late first round (after picking up a corner and FAing another beforehand)?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

sammich

Starter

#16 : February 17, 2013, 12:11:33 AM

If we're going to spend a high pick on a LB it would have to be an OLB that can rush the passer.  I really don't see us having any interest in Te'o.

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter

#17 : February 17, 2013, 12:59:28 AM

I have a strong feeling we're gonna end up with schiano's boy from rutgers one way or another. Even if we dont scout him at all (like schiano would need to). Come to think of it that would probably be the biggest indicator that we are drafting him. Logan ryan in the second, either with our pick or by trading back in.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 17, 2013, 02:05:13 AM

If we're going to spend a high pick on a LB it would have to be an OLB that can rush the passer.  I really don't see us having any interest in Te'o.

There is also victor butler from the cowboys in FA.

Personally, I think the Georgia-boy and Lie'o are the best of the lot.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 17, 2013, 08:20:45 AM

I have a strong feeling we're gonna end up with schiano's boy from rutgers one way or another. Even if we dont scout him at all (like schiano would need to). Come to think of it that would probably be the biggest indicator that we are drafting him. Logan ryan in the second, either with our pick or by trading back in.

But you are assuming Schiano's inside knowledge means he already likes Logan as a high round pick....what if his inside knowledge allows him to know that Logan is flawed and overrated as a player ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : February 17, 2013, 08:34:48 AM

I think Logan Ryan is more of a zone player. Don't think he really fits what we are doing.

Also, I have zero interest in Te'o. Zero. I hope Schiano feels the same.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 18, 2013, 09:53:31 PM

Here is a round up of Mayocks comments today. Mostly crazy talk imo, but I do agree with this gem....

"I wouldn't want a top-10 pick in this draft. The fifth pick and the 25th pick are very similar."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140157/article/mike-mayock-tyrann-mathieu-a-fourthround-prospect?campaign=Twitter_atl

Couple things left out....he says Bjoern Werner is not a top 10 pick, but Cincinnati DE Walter Stewart is a top 10 pick....even though everyone and there mom has that kid as a 7th round prospect and he doesn't look special on tape at all. I'm usually on board with Mayock, but he has some real head scratchers this year.
: February 18, 2013, 09:56:30 PM JDouble

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 18, 2013, 09:57:40 PM

Here is a round up of Mayocks comments today. Mostly crazy talk imo, but I do agree with this gem....

"I wouldn't want a top-10 pick in this draft. The fifth pick and the 25th pick are very similar."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140157/article/mike-mayock-tyrann-mathieu-a-fourthround-prospect?campaign=Twitter_atl

Most everything I see seems to say the same thing. A draft that is good if you need big men a bad draft if you need small men.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#23 : February 19, 2013, 12:41:57 AM

No mention of Justin Hunter at WR? outta tennessee. I know patterson is better but id take hunter over allen. Hunter is a health risk but if he can stay healthy hes explosive

Go Bucs

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 19, 2013, 07:50:46 AM

This draft class is making people crazy. The folks over at NFP released their top 200 and they have Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the best player in the entire draft!

Uummm......ok?   ???

That kid's success is all system. He dinks and dunks to wide open receivers that are ten yards away, and then sputters out in the redzone when things get condensed. His arm strength is average at best and he isn't very mobile. Where's the upside? If that guy is the best player in the draft, we should trade away every pick in the draft.
: February 19, 2013, 07:59:50 AM JDouble

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : February 19, 2013, 09:24:26 AM

I hate almost all the players in this class.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 19, 2013, 09:37:59 AM

Couple things left out....he says Bjoern Werner is not a top 10 pick, but Cincinnati DE Walter Stewart is a top 10 pick....even though everyone and there mom has that kid as a 7th round prospect and he doesn't look special on tape at all. I'm usually on board with Mayock, but he has some real head scratchers this year.

is he smoking crack? who in the hell is walter stewart? i have literally never heard his name before. mayock is usually good but my god. there isnt a single draft site that doesnt have werner in the top 10. when everyone tells you that youre drunk, maybe youre drunk. when everybody says a player is a top 10 and you are the only one that doesnt, maybe youre wrong.
: February 19, 2013, 09:40:14 AM dexmonkey

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#27 : February 19, 2013, 09:42:59 AM

This draft class is making people crazy. The folks over at NFP released their top 200 and they have Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib as the best player in the entire draft!

Uummm......ok?   ???

That kid's success is all system. He dinks and dunks to wide open receivers that are ten yards away, and then sputters out in the redzone when things get condensed. His arm strength is average at best and he isn't very mobile. Where's the upside? If that guy is the best player in the draft, we should trade away every pick in the draft.

nassib is straight garbage. hes a matt moore clone. i dont get what people see in him. i dont see anything more than an average at best player. i will laugh when some team takes him in the first 3 rounds

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : February 19, 2013, 10:23:03 AM

Nassib is getting by on the same "his team sucked" bit that frankly got Freeman pushed up. I've never seen the cat play but he looks very consistent (had one poor ish game this season) based on his stats. He has a ton of starts. 

I can't fathom him being the 1 overall but I can see teams looking at him as an Andy Daltonish type player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : February 19, 2013, 10:39:43 AM

I've only watched 5 minutes of Nassib on youtube, but in what I saw he has a good arm, good size, quick release, scans the whole field, moves in the pocket, and can scramble. From what I've read his intermediate-to-deep accuracy isn't very good, but I can see why scouts like him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock Rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools