Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock Rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 26, 2013, 10:59:48 AM

...and Doloris, how is it you always accuse me of thinking I know more than the experts, but you can sit here and pretend you know better than the Bills franchise and Mike Mayock? Please. I think I'll side with those two and my own personal gut feeling over you "expertise" .
NFL Network chief draft analyst Mike Mayock rendered his verdict on QB Blaine Gabbert following Missouri's pro day Thursday.

"Bottom line, he's the first quarterback off the board, and it wouldn't surprise me if Carolina takes him at No. 1," Mayock said on Path to the Draft.

Mayock was impressed with his progress toward becoming an NFL-ready signal caller after playing in a spread offense with the Tigers that normally placed him in the shotgun, something Newton must also overcome.

Mayock has Gabbert rated ahead of Newton as the 2011 draft's top QB prospect.

According to Mayock, he can "drive the ball with accuracy, he drives it with timing, his arm strength is more than enough."

As for his developing footwork?

"Cleaner than I expected," said Mayock, who compared the pro day performance of Gabbert favorably with former first-rounders Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/03/nflns-mike-mayock-on-missouri-qb-blaine-gabbert-hes-the-first-quarterback-off-the-board/1

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 26, 2013, 11:03:21 AM

I thought EJ was the best QB prospect in the draft.
How I see it - EJ, Geno, Glennon, Landry, Nassib, Bray, Barkley, Scott, Wilson, Dysert

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 26, 2013, 11:04:16 AM

The bills needed a QB so they got one. I think they could have traded back again and still got him though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 26, 2013, 03:20:06 PM

Wow FRG...you mean Mayock isn't 100% correct 100% of the time? Shocking. Truly.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 26, 2013, 03:51:40 PM

U mad,  jdouble?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#80 : April 26, 2013, 04:05:24 PM

Nope. I'm freaking excited!

Draft Aaron Donald

Madman

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 26, 2013, 04:15:33 PM

Watching the highlights on DE Ezekial Ansah (BYU) he kinda reminds of JPP or Aldon Smith. Relentless pass-rusher.

Except he only has 4.5 career sacks and very limited fottball experience. Super risky pick.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 26, 2013, 04:30:27 PM

Watching the highlights on DE Ezekial Ansah (BYU) he kinda reminds of JPP or Aldon Smith. Relentless pass-rusher.

Except he only has 4.5 career sacks and very limited fottball experience. Super risky pick.

insane would be what i call that pick
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mayock Rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools