Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another Look at Ranking QB's « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

: February 16, 2013, 10:25:24 PM

I find it helpful to put QB's in 3 groups. Those who are better than Freeman (12);  those who are worse than Freeman (11); and those who are similar to Freeman (9).

Better than Freeman:   (12)                 
Rogers
Brees
Brady
Payton
Roethlisberger
Eli
Ryan
Flacco
Luck
RG III
Kaepernick
Wilson

Worse than Freeman  (11)
Fitapatrick
Foles
Ponder
Sanchez
Cassel
Plamer
Tannehill
Weedon
Locker
Kolb
Henne

Similar to Freeman  (9)
Stafford
Free
Schaub
Rivers
Romo
Cutler
Bradford
Newton
Dalton

Because the 9 in the last group are similar to Free, there can be a wide range of opinion where Free fits in this group.

Statistics have a value, but don't take into account the level of competition.  (You are only as good as your competition allows.)  Also statistics don't take into account the level of the players on your team.  Make Brady the starting QB for Jacksonville for 2012 and his statistics would probably suffer.

To compensate for the shortcomings of statistics in judging a player, it seems helpful to switch player and teams.  Thus in the case of Stafford and Free, it seems the Bucs would be better with Stafford and the Lions worse with Free, so Stafford would rank higher than Free. And again to rank Free and Schaub, it seems Houston would be better with Free and the Bucs worse with Schaub.

The listings reflects my opinion of the 32 QB's   

It is subjective and there will be different opinions, and opinions of today will change with time.

We all hope that Free has a great year in 2013, and can move upward 3 or 4 places, at least.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 16, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

As rough as it sounds, I'd take Stafford, Schaub, Rivers, Romo, Cutler, Newton, and maaaaaaybe Dalton over Josh Freeman.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 17, 2013, 03:03:35 AM

Stafford can't play an entire season.
Shaub, rivers, and room are timewasters, and freeman made Jackson look just as good as rivers did.
Cutler is a diabetic crybaby that can't win with a good defense, on two different teams mind you.
Dalton might as well be foles.
And scum newton was a one hit wonder who can't help but to do either the superman, or sit an sulk at just the slightest moment of doubt. He also charges children for autographs, which is awfully nice of him.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 17, 2013, 08:54:48 AM

You can win with a middle of the pack QB...especially one who is young with the potential to still get better.

Not time to hit the panic button just yet , despite what a lot of the over-reactionaries on this board say.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 17, 2013, 09:54:41 AM

You can win with a middle of the pack QB...especially one who is young with the potential to still get better.

A middle of the pack QB can win regular season games but their warts start to show in the playoffs unless they're given help from a strong running game or a solid defense.

Turn the page.

ingey1968

Starter

#5 : February 17, 2013, 12:09:30 PM

This post was a fail after the first line. Stafford has started every game the past 2 seasons. Not to mention that i am not entirely sure what Newton charging for autographs has  to do with actual QB play. thats like saying Freeman isnt a good QB because of the MJ photoshoot. Neither has anything to do with playing the position. This is what happens when homers have tunnel vision and dont actually know whats going on outside of Tampa.

Shaub, rivers, and room are timewasters, and freeman made Jackson look just as good as rivers did.
Cutler is a diabetic crybaby that can't win with a good defense, on two different teams mind you.
And scum newton was a one hit wonder who can't help but to do either the superman, or sit an sulk at just the slightest moment of doubt. He also charges children for autographs, which is awfully nice of him.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 17, 2013, 12:29:40 PM

This post was a fail after the first line. Stafford has started every game the past 2 seasons. Not to mention that i am not entirely sure what Newton charging for autographs has  to do with actual QB play. thats like saying Freeman isnt a good QB because of the MJ photoshoot. Neither has anything to do with playing the position. This is what happens when homers have tunnel vision and dont actually know whats going on outside of Tampa.

To add on Cutler didn't have a good defense in Denver either and I would say Cutler can win with the bears. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/26/nfl-morning-after-the-unappreciated-jay-cutler/
: February 17, 2013, 12:33:13 PM bucsquad

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 17, 2013, 12:37:12 PM

i cant put RGIII over freeman at all. dude will be coming off his second serious knee injury. add to that fact that shanahan is going to run him into the ground. he might not be in the league in 3 years

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 17, 2013, 12:43:37 PM

To add on Cutler didn't have a good defense in Denver either and I would say Cutler can win with the bears. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/26/nfl-morning-after-the-unappreciated-jay-cutler/

OK, so I exaggerated Stafford a bit. But Cutler did have a better defense than Tampa has had with two different teams. How do we say he didn't have a better shot than free did? An if you think he can win with the bears, why hasn't he?

And cam is scum. I'd rather have foles as QB. They will never win big games with that loser running the offense.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 17, 2013, 06:34:51 PM

In before the Freeman Defense Force blames everything on the defense.

Gosh, I really wish Barber hadn't thrown 8 INTs and completed 53% of his passes in 3 three season-defining games.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 17, 2013, 07:02:39 PM

In before the Freeman Defense Force blames everything on the defense.

Gosh, I really wish Barber hadn't thrown 8 INTs and completed 53% of his passes in 3 three season-defining games.

Barber wasn't a problem. The problem was the apathy of the corners to do their job on third downs.

Stop some of those, and those picks don't happen, not to mention win a couple extra games as a bonus.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 17, 2013, 07:18:27 PM

I'd put Romo in the first group

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 18, 2013, 04:56:03 PM

Not time to hit the panic button just yet , despite what a lot of the over-reactionaries on this board say.

This fan base has the panic button taped to the counter......

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 18, 2013, 05:21:10 PM

This fan base has the panic button taped to the counter......

Well I think there is a good reason to be down about #5 but I also see reasons for why the guy can get better. Others see those as excuses but I see them as real things that could get better and things that could affect his and the teams overall success. No matter what the guy will get his shot so I cant wait to see how he does. Hes got this whole offseason to get better. We will see come september if he has or not.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 18, 2013, 05:27:29 PM

I'd put Romo in the first group
Romo is definitely better than Freeman.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another Look at Ranking QB's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools