Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under-the-radar free agents « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 19, 2013, 01:20:52 PM

DRC is scrawnier than EJ Biggers. His coverage skills are obviously much better, but he's still useless verse the run and gets overpowered by bigger receivers. Dude is a twig.

Weren't you salivating over DRC recently, hoping the Bucs would trade for him?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 19, 2013, 01:49:59 PM

DRC is scrawnier than EJ Biggers. His coverage skills are obviously much better, but he's still useless verse the run and gets overpowered by bigger receivers. Dude is a twig.

Recently? I don't think so. Maybe like two years ago or something, but I've seen enough of that kid by now to know better. It's not that he is horrible, but he might be the least physical CB in free agency and because of name recognition alone he'll probably be grossly over paid. I think there are better options.

I'm sure you are searching your archives as I type this, hoping to find some old post where I said I liked DRC so you can point it out and make me look foolish.....but let me save you the time. If I liked him at some point, I don't care. Opinions change.
: February 19, 2013, 01:51:52 PM JDouble

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 19, 2013, 02:09:47 PM

Our primary weakness is cb coverage. I would sacrifice some run d if we could simply be respectable in coverage.

In Verner We Trust

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 19, 2013, 03:02:39 PM

Recently? I don't think so. Maybe like two years ago or something, but I've seen enough of that kid by now to know better. It's not that he is horrible, but he might be the least physical CB in free agency and because of name recognition alone he'll probably be grossly over paid. I think there are better options.

I'm sure you are searching your archives as I type this, hoping to find some old post where I said I liked DRC so you can point it out and make me look foolish.....but let me save you the time. If I liked him at some point, I don't care. Opinions change.

Down boy.  I'm just curious how one goes from salivating over a player to "dude is a twig".  He was always a twig.
: February 19, 2013, 03:16:21 PM Biggs3535

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 19, 2013, 03:21:22 PM

Salivating huh? You'll have to post that link. I don't remember ever being that enamored with him. I remember thinking the eagles wouldn't keep both him and  scrabble, so I thought he might be a good trade option back in 2010 or 2011...but that'sabout it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 19, 2013, 03:30:31 PM

Salivating huh? You'll have to post that link. I don't remember ever being that enamored with him. I remember thinking the eagles wouldn't keep both him and  scrabble, so I thought he might be a good trade option back in 2010 or 2011...but that'sabout it.

Maybe salivated was the wrong word to use.  I thought I remembered you wanted to trade for him and I was asking you if I remembered correctly, because now he's a "twig" apparently.  His twig status hasn't changed recently.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 19, 2013, 09:09:59 PM

Although I thought he  [DRC[   played well against the Bucs, I have cooled a bit on him . Read where is seeking a very large contract also.

Best bang for the buck, would be Toler.  Pretty good player, but not thinking he needs to be paid huge dollars.  Would be good value IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 22, 2013, 06:13:14 PM

What do you guys think of Victor Butler or Anthony Spencer as our new Sam?
: February 22, 2013, 06:15:54 PM JDouble

HolyBuc

Starter
#38 : February 22, 2013, 06:22:35 PM

Victor Butler is intriguing,  Spencer price would probably be to high.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 22, 2013, 06:29:09 PM

Tackling can be taught. The student must be willing. DRC has never been a proficient tackler. But he is a decent man up corner.

Not sure if DRC has the heart that S wants. I am certain that a guy like Toler and a feisty vet like Grimes fits his bill, however.

I am positive Revis Island fits as well.

HolyBuc

Starter
#40 : February 22, 2013, 06:33:31 PM

I really really want to see Bradley Fletcher  in Tampa.  Derek Cox too, just not sure if either would be on the field or on IR.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : February 22, 2013, 06:37:58 PM

Hmmm.....Grimes and Toler. You might be on to something there Boid.

HolyBuc

Starter
#42 : February 22, 2013, 06:41:16 PM

I won't be shocked if Leodis McKelvin ends up here, he had a couple return TDs for Buffalo last year.  The Stache may have a comfort level with him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Under-the-radar free agents « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools