Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Talib gets too expensive...Patriots will look to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: February 17, 2013, 12:02:53 AM

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie | Defensive Back

Team:  Philadelphia Eagles

Age / DOB:   (26) / 4/7/1986

Ht / Wt:   6'2' / 182

College:  Tennessee State

Contract:
  • 2013: Free Agent

Latest NewsRecent News

ESPN Boston says free agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is one name the Patriots might consider should Aqib Talib "get too expensive."Beat writer Mike Reiss "thinks" the Patriots have "always thought highly of" DRC, and he's one name that could be at the "top of the list." The Philadelphia Inquirer expects Rodgers-Cromartie to command "big money" on the open market, while the Sideline View's Adam Caplan doesn't expect to see DRC back with the Eagles. Turning 27 in April, DRC checks in as our No. 7 free-agent corner in a stocked defensive backs class.

Feb 14 - 2:21 PM

Source: ESPN Boston

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 17, 2013, 01:14:26 AM

Bad news for us. He should be our top target.

In Verner We Trust

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 17, 2013, 01:53:21 AM

Agreed. Luckly for Tampa, talib has little leverage.

He can stay on a competitive team for less than he would like, or a bad team for less than he would like. I seriously doubt anyone will give him a big payday.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : February 17, 2013, 06:04:25 AM

He should be our top target.

+1

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 17, 2013, 07:59:03 AM

Sean SMith should be out top target , but DRC should be #2.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#5 : February 17, 2013, 08:21:27 AM

DRC cant tackle he would be like the better in coverage version of ej biggers... then you have to add in the trash talk. I would rather sean smith, derek cox and keenan lewis

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 17, 2013, 12:46:44 PM

i say good news. i dont know why everyone wants DRC. hes a crappy corner with a big salary. there are much better options than him. hes eric wright 2.0 minus the adderall issues

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 17, 2013, 01:08:14 PM

i say good news. i dont know why everyone wants DRC. hes a crappy corner with a big salary. there are much better options than him. hes eric wright 2.0 minus the adderall issues

Saying wright is going too far. No way is he that kind of bad.

At least he made a small name for himself, whereas wright never looked any better than burnt toast.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 17, 2013, 01:48:25 PM

DRC looked pretty good in that Bucs/Eagles game last season.  Other than that game,  I haven't seen him play too much.  I would guess he is a mid level guy on the available CB's list.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 17, 2013, 02:01:39 PM

How is Talib going to cost more than DRC?  Talib is a problem child punk, and his coverage is on par with DrC.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 17, 2013, 05:53:47 PM

How is Talib going to cost more than DRC?  Talib is a problem child punk, and his coverage is on par with DrC.

Agree.  Hard to imagine any team giving him large money.  I guess he will land somewhere, but not for anywhere near the $$$$$ he is hoping for.  Too many risks involved.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 17, 2013, 07:09:28 PM

DRC looked pretty good in that Bucs/Eagles game last season.  Other than that game,  I haven't seen him play too much.  I would guess he is a mid level guy on the available CB's list.

Which might make him a top tier guy in FA.If we're going after big corners, him and Rhodes would be a perfect fit.

However, for this defensive system, I'd rather have undersized cover corners to help stop all the quick timed routes we're used to seeing in the nfcs.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 17, 2013, 07:50:06 PM

Which might make him a top tier guy in FA.If we're going after big corners, him and Rhodes would be a perfect fit.

However, for this defensive system, I'd rather have undersized cover corners to help stop all the quick timed routes we're used to seeing in the nfcs.

I am thinking one free agent CB, one high draft pick CB,  and one later round CB.   And I think Leonard, Gorrer, Gaiter stick around for depth.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 18, 2013, 07:16:02 AM

If we're playing bump and run though we need big corners.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#14 : February 18, 2013, 03:40:57 PM

I can see the Pats keeping Talib and getting DRC.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Talib gets too expensive...Patriots will look to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools