Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favorite Buccaneers player from the 1980's? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #30 : February 20, 2013, 04:28:02 PM »

Scott Brantely , baby !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

« #31 : February 20, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »

Scott Brantely , baby !!

I came to say this.  Brantley and John Cannon weren't superstars by any means, but they meant a helluva lot to the team during the 80s.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #32 : February 20, 2013, 09:42:06 PM »

More of a 90's  guy, but still a former Buc we can all be proud of.

Indecency charge costs ex-NFL player his coaching job

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 20, 2013, 2:20 PM EST

Former NFL linebacker Reggie Burnette has lost his job as a high school coach after he was arrested on an indecency charge.

Burnette, a linebacker who played for the Packers in 1991 and for the Buccaneers in 1992 and 1993, resigned as Mount Vernon Presbyterian School’s head football coach following an arrest last month for public indecency, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

According to the report, the 44-year-old Burnette is accused of exposing himself to an adult female.

“The victim stated that she had a flat tire on her vehicle (white Lexus) and that she was waiting for roadside assistance vehicle from Lexus when she was approached by a black male in a blue van who asked her for directions and then exposed his genitalia to her before leaving,” the police report says.

The school immediately put Burnette on leave after his arrest.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

pancake block

Starter

« #33 : February 21, 2013, 07:06:35 AM »

Top 4

Paul Gruber (obvious)

James Wilder - Could have been a mega star with a good team

Mark Carrier - Rare pro-bowler in a sad era

Rickey Reynolds - Very solid and under valued player and very nice guy.
very nice list....+ high c Horace Copeland..Laurance Dawsey, and way back when touchdown Tony Davis

Oracle

Starter

« #34 : February 21, 2013, 08:50:06 AM »

Touchdown Tony Davis?   haha.   He was a fan fave, but he darn sure didn't do much on the Bucs.   I think he scored like 1 TD in his NFL career.   I liked him too, but looking back on it, I'm not sure why except that he was a scrapper.

Oracle

Starter

« #35 : February 21, 2013, 08:51:05 AM »

Scott Brantely , baby !!

Total Baller.   If he was on the current Bucs D in his prime,he'd be the best player on their defense.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #36 : February 21, 2013, 09:21:43 AM »

Deberg was my favorite.   That guy could ball.

Really? I must have missed his 'ballin'.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #37 : February 21, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »

Question of the topic is FAVORITE BUCCANEERS PLAYER OF THE 1980'S?

Maybe I need to skim better through the thread, but where the hell is Jimmie Giles.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #38 : February 21, 2013, 09:36:05 AM »

Giles was not drafted. He was obtained from Houston in a trade.

The ground rules said had to be drafted.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

McBarron

Pro Bowler

« #39 : February 21, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »

Well, he was my favorite Buc of the 80s.

SoberInSac

Second String

« #40 : February 21, 2013, 10:37:16 AM »

Mine was Mark Carrier I was only 7 yrs. Old when he was drafted. I really liked his name when I was a kid for some reason. I remember my dad watching the games on sunday and that is when I learned how to cuss... LOL.....Even the local news used to make fun of the Bucs back then. I moved to Cali. The year they changed colors. Tampa and Brandon has changed so much and so have the Bucs. It wasnt a question of how many games are we.gonna win this year, it was how many are we gonna lose 10 or more.I remember vividly talking to my buddies about that when i was growing up in Brandon in the 80's and early 90's.

« : February 21, 2013, 10:40:47 AM drunkinybor »

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #41 : February 21, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »

As much as Gruber is one of my all time favorite Bucs, he does not fit the criteria for this topic. He only played 2 years in the 80's.

Wilder and Grimes player more. Of those 2 I would pick Wilder.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

BUCPOWER.COM

Second String

« #42 : February 21, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »

Touchdown Tony Davis?   haha.   He was a fan fave, but he darn sure didn't do much on the Bucs.   I think he scored like 1 TD in his NFL career.   I liked him too, but looking back on it, I'm not sure why except that he was a scrapper.

Nice to see you actually checked BUCPOWER before quoting incorrectly this time Java.   Tony's nickname with the Bucs was actually "Tough Tony", one that John McKay gave him for his special teams work.  He actually hated that nickname as the other teams all went for him on kick coverage plays.   He scored once with the Bucs but had four other touchdowns for the Bengals before joining Tampa.   I talk with Tony a lot and he celebrated his 60th birthday last month.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #43 : February 21, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »

Nice to see you actually checked BUCPOWER before quoting incorrectly this time Java.   Tony's nickname with the Bucs was actually "Tough Tony", one that John McKay gave him for his special teams work.  He actually hated that nickname as the other teams all went for him on kick coverage plays.   He scored once with the Bucs but had four other touchdowns for the Bengals before joining Tampa.   I talk with Tony a lot and he celebrated his 60th birthday last month.

LOL   Java busted again.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Oracle

Starter

« #44 : February 22, 2013, 02:22:32 AM »

Glad you were able to look up his stats and post them on your site, and even talk to him after he retired.   Some of us actually got to see him play live at the Sombrero.   Too bad you missed that since you didn't become a fan until after he retired.     
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favorite Buccaneers player from the 1980's? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools