Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB competition: It has to be Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

swamp_bats

Starter
: February 17, 2013, 09:53:11 PM

If they really want to light a fire under Freeman, Tebow is the only guy out there that will REALLY put the pressure on him. You know the fans will be dying to see him on the field, and we need the help getting sell outs. Him and Freeman both have their issues with the short passes, but he fits the Schiano run the ball and throw it deep philosophy. He also brings the main thing I have seen Freeman lack, leadership. A guy like Carr, Quinn or Moore would just be someone to look better in practice. With Tebow on the bench Freeman would know there is someone over there to take his job. And if Tebow does eventually end up playing a different tole in the NFL I would love to see Alstott 2.0 in Tampa... 

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 17, 2013, 09:58:27 PM

Java, is that you? Did your account finally get banned?

ingey1968

Starter

#2 : February 17, 2013, 10:10:43 PM

Tebow would be a distraction, Plain and simple. On the right team he could do well, but that team isnt Tampa.

swamp_bats

Starter
#3 : February 17, 2013, 10:15:39 PM

There are more than one Tebow fans out there.
Tebow would be a distraction, Plain and simple. On the right team he could do well, but that team isnt Tampa.

Tebow wouldn't be a distraction when he sends Freeman to the bench and puts the team on his back. He would be the starter.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 17, 2013, 10:21:42 PM

There are more than one Tebow fans out there.

Tebow wouldn't be a distraction when he sends Freeman to the bench and puts the team on his back. He would be the starter.

I dislike Freeman, but I'll take him over Tebow every day of the year.

Tebow has proven time and time again he doesn't have what it takes to be a QB in this league.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 17, 2013, 10:22:16 PM

If they really want to light a fire under Freeman, Tebow is the only guy out there that will REALLY put the pressure on him. You know the fans will be dying to see him on the field, and we need the help getting sell outs. Him and Freeman both have their issues with the short passes, but he fits the Schiano run the ball and throw it deep philosophy. He also brings the main thing I have seen Freeman lack, leadership. A guy like Carr, Quinn or Moore would just be someone to look better in practice. With Tebow on the bench Freeman would know there is someone over there to take his job. And if Tebow does eventually end up playing a different tole in the NFL I would love to see Alstott 2.0 in Tampa...

Oh the nostalgia!

swamp_bats

Starter
#6 : February 17, 2013, 10:27:29 PM

[/quote]

Tebow has proven time and time again he doesn't have what it takes to be a QB in this league.
[/quote]

I don't see why people always said he has proven he doesn't have what it takes. He has yet to have a team play him and develop him as a passer. The dude needs a chance to work on his game without getting shipped around all the time.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 17, 2013, 10:35:41 PM

in all seriousness, id take freeman over tebow also.  although i would be momentarily tempted to make that switch.   tebow did lead a team to the playoffs in his first year as a starter, and a road win.  he took that team just as far as saint peyton did.  he aint pretty, but he does find a way.
: February 17, 2013, 10:37:17 PM GameTime

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 17, 2013, 10:37:51 PM

I don't see why people always said he has proven he doesn't have what it takes. He has yet to have a team play him and develop him as a passer. The dude needs a chance to work on his game without getting shipped around all the time.
Because he CAN'T develop as a passer, he's never been able to from the start.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 17, 2013, 11:11:37 PM

I am not a Tebow fan however, I don't see any available QB out there that would push Freeman any more than Tebow would. Don't kid yourself though. There would be distractions.

Example A: The clown holding up a "PUT IN TEBOW" sign when Tebow isn't even a Buc...

youngone

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 17, 2013, 11:16:45 PM

Is this a joke?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 17, 2013, 11:41:39 PM

SMH. Yet another Java account.

Oracle

Starter

#12 : February 18, 2013, 02:38:31 AM

If they really want to light a fire under Freeman, Tebow is the only guy out there that will REALLY put the pressure on him. You know the fans will be dying to see him on the field, and we need the help getting sell outs.

You know football!   Good post.   I completely agree.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 18, 2013, 03:30:13 AM

^ definitely another Java account.

scubog

Practice Squad
#14 : February 18, 2013, 05:43:22 AM

I think we all know that Tebow is a wonderful person who was one of the best Gators of all time, but that doesn't make him a NFL quarterback. How many people who know, need to explain this before people stop the "let's bring in Tebow to push Freeman" talk. We've already seen what he can do to "push the starting QB" in New York with Mark Sanchez. As Dr. Phil would say, "How'd that work out?" As I recall, Tebow remained on the bench when Sanchez struggled. What, other than one pass against the Steelers, makes anyone think he would get off his sideline seat here? He's great at running QB draw and QB keeper plays, but eventually he'll have to pass the ball. If you complain about Freeman's completion % check out Tebow's. As far as I'm concerned Tim Tebow is the most over-publicized bench warmer the league has ever seen. Everyone likes the back-up QB and thinks he's better than the starter if only the biased coach could see it; but thinking Tebow would pose even the slightest threat to Josh Freeman is laughable. Tebow couldn't beat out Josh Johnson, and like Johnson, will probably be out of the league before he lands a starting gig.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: QB competition: It has to be Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools