Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#210 : February 20, 2013, 01:34:12 PM

Depends on the type of luggage. A typical suitcase has all types of side pockets and inside compartments. A real high quality suitcase has even more places to put a weapon. I'm just saying it's possible if this was really a mistake. The real question to me is how did it make it out of charlotte to begin with?

a typical suitcase isnt a very good carryon.  i definitely think it was really a mistake.  but gun owners need to be more careful.

Bingo!  This is hilarious.  Question for all of the "honest mistake" people....would you be okay if he made an "honest mistake" and forgot about his gun at OBP in a bag with children around???  Bottom line, if this guy can accidentally bring a gun to an airport please explain to me how this couldn't happen in much worse circumstances.  I think we are lucky this isn't a worse story.

Anomaly, a gun doesn't fire itself.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#211 : February 20, 2013, 02:23:59 PM

Anomaly, a gun doesn't fire itself.

plaxico burress might disagree.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#212 : February 20, 2013, 03:05:59 PM

I would assume he is no longer a part of this team until otherwise noted.

Allow me to note otherwise.

You've got to be kidding.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#213 : February 20, 2013, 04:11:04 PM

Please feel free to give your own example of a comparable unjust law so we can understand your point of view and reasoning.

Making an empty statement without elaborating on your reasoning does not give you much credibility in an argument.

So far, all you've said are thing like it's stupid and don't deflect.  Not much substance.
when you're done with your freshman year of college, and you join the real world, you'll understand.

Until then, just know that what you're arguing has no application in this scenario. You will get no where comparing this gun law to genocide here or in a courtroom.

Btw, comparing the right to live and the right to mistakenly bring a gun to an airport isn't a very reasonable comparison, so your arguments not all that great to begin with.
: February 20, 2013, 04:18:25 PM MUSCLE_HAMSTER

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#214 : February 21, 2013, 09:37:36 AM

Please feel free to give your own example of a comparable unjust law so we can understand your point of view and reasoning.

Making an empty statement without elaborating on your reasoning does not give you much credibility in an argument.

So far, all you've said are thing like it's stupid and don't deflect.  Not much substance.
when you're done with your freshman year of college, and you join the real world, you'll understand.

Until then, just know that what you're arguing has no application in this scenario. You will get no where comparing this gun law to genocide here or in a courtroom.

Btw, comparing the right to live and the right to mistakenly bring a gun to an airport isn't a very reasonable comparison, so your arguments not all that great to begin with.

I think the point he was making is that just because a law exists does not make it right or just. Using genocide as an example is extreme, but I think it's not a bad comparison.

But, I have been wrong ALOT!!!

So, how about you giving us a comparison that is not as extreme.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#215 : February 21, 2013, 09:42:29 AM

You realize how strict NY is with gun law, especially in the city? The law states it is illegal to possess a gun in the burroughs of NY without a special permit, regardless of it being registered anywhere else. That's it, you can't have a hand gun, period, end of story. The crime isn't that he was intending to do something bad with it, we all know he wasn't. The crime was simply having it, which he did. Again, a felony charge. Not sure why people are blowing this off as he'll get a fine and some probation.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#216 : February 21, 2013, 09:46:59 AM

You realize how strict NY is with gun law, especially in the city? The law states it is illegal to possess a gun in the burroughs of NY without a special permit, regardless of it being registered anywhere else. That's it, you can't have a hand gun, period, end of story. The crime isn't that he was intending to do something bad with it, we all know he wasn't. The crime was simply having it, which he did. Again, a felony charge. Not sure why people are blowing this off as he'll get a fine and some probation.

Yes we do know. I have also seen several different things where the DA in charge of this case is lenient on these sorts of things. We all know New York sucks as a city, too.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#217 : February 21, 2013, 10:04:36 AM

Not sure why people are blowing this off as he'll get a fine and some probation.

Probably because that is exactly what will happen.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#218 : February 21, 2013, 10:42:43 AM

Not sure why people are blowing this off as he'll get a fine and some probation.

Vinbucfan posted a nice link in the other bowers thread. I hope you're right, Bowers is one of my favorite bucs.

- Everyone

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#219 : February 21, 2013, 11:23:28 AM

Vinbucfan posted a nice link in the other bowers thread. I hope you're right, Bowers is one of my favorite bucs.

He doesn't need to read Yankee propaganda to know that what Bowers did was petty.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#220 : February 21, 2013, 11:49:01 AM

I agree with your sentiment on this, NY. At the same time, there are pieces of evidence that show that he may just get a slap on the wrist. That being said, I definitely would not be the least bit surprised to see him spend some time behind bars, because despite his intent, he broke the law and they very well could choose to not look the other way.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#221 : February 21, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

If you are a good law abiding citizen with no criminal record, and you accidentally break a law due to your lack of knowledge on said law, but there is no injury or damage done to anyone or anything.....then common sense says you should get off with a slap on the wrist. It's that simple. There are no "buts". That's it. Period.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#222 : February 21, 2013, 12:58:17 PM

If you are a good law abiding citizen with no criminal record, and you accidentally break a law due to your lack of knowledge on said law, but there is no injury or damage done to anyone or anything.....then common sense says you should get off with a slap on the wrist. It's that simple. There are no "buts". That's it. Period.
In fairness, "common sense" and "should" do not necessarily reflect the way things work out in reality.  By all accounts, if Bowers had to deal with the Manhatten DA, they probably wouldn't.  Happily, it also sounds like that in this case, there's a good chance that they will.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#223 : February 21, 2013, 01:23:32 PM

He doesn't need to read Yankee propaganda to know that what Bowers did was petty.

You guys clearly don't live in NY. Common sense is absent from most, if not all, of legislation that goes on here. NY is known for many things, common sense and no harm, no foul are not two of them. He may well get off charges but don't sit there and say yeah, common sense says he'll be free because he didn't mean any harm. **CENSORED** may be more fair in the south, but here in NY you'd be safer betting on the thing that makes no sense. Just recently on the news this morning. NYS legislators want to mandate all gun owners have a 1 million dollar life insurance policy to own a gun. That way if the gun owner kills himself or someone else they can still be held accountable.

New York's slogan should be, I'll tax the **CENSORED** out of you and if you don't like it, you can shove your common sense straight up your ass.

- Everyone

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#224 : February 21, 2013, 01:40:15 PM

New York's slogan should be, I'll tax the **CENSORED** out of you and if you don't like it, you can shove your common sense straight up your ass.

But how would that fit on a bumper sticker?
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools