Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18

RiotHeart

Starter

#45 : February 18, 2013, 05:56:24 PM

Withholding judgement. He could of easily tried to check it in and was arrested for not having a NY permit even if he had a FL permit. The term loaded does not mean bullets in chamber or even the clip in NY. If you have a gun in your secured case and a box of bullets inside it is considered loaded. Not that uncommon for people to be arrested for trying to legally check in a gun at this or JFK airport and being arrested for not having the state permit only to go to court and have it dismissed or lowered to disorderly conduct if you have the money for a good defense.

Or he could of easily been an idiot, who knows yet?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#46 : February 18, 2013, 05:56:30 PM

Smh.. Ridiculous

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#47 : February 18, 2013, 05:56:46 PM

I'd take Freeney on a decent 3 year deal. Not before, but now it makes a lot of sense.
Yup!

And he gets to line up next to a Pro Bowl DT, and he thrives in a 4-3.  DO IT!!!

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 18, 2013, 05:57:19 PM

He's a god fearing kid from the south where God and Guns are a big part of life. Seems like he made an uneducated mistake. However, unlike Plaxico, his weapons was not concealed on his person in a shady night club, nor did it go off. Most likely the stupid guy was transporting a weapon back home. Probably purchased it in NY.

People should calm the heck down and see what actually happened.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#49 : February 18, 2013, 05:57:30 PM

THIS JUST IN: Michael Bennett's agent was seen doing cartwheels and excessively high fiving strangers in the street.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 18, 2013, 05:58:52 PM

Thug - He has a concealed a gun, in a public place, for no reason. Its 2013 in 1856.

I think you should re-consider your definition of "thug".

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 18, 2013, 05:58:53 PM

While very stupid, this happens more often than you think. The problem is many people carry their guns in a bag to go to the range and leave them in there. Then, later they pack for a trip and said gun is still in a pocket or under something and you forget.

One issue that I thought of was how did the gun get to NY in the first place? Did he buy it up there and then try to take it on the plane or did he take it up and get through security and then on the way back it got picked up. FL concealed permits are not valid in NY. Does he have a concealed firearms license? Was it in a case of some kind?

Anyway, there are lots of questions to be asked but I chalk this up to a mistake. Bowers has no history and while it is stupid and as a gun owner you must know where your firearm is at all times, I doubt this is a deal breaker for the Bucs. He will probably be heavily fined but I doubt he ends up facing any jail time.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#52 : February 18, 2013, 06:00:41 PM

Withholding judgement. He could of easily tried to check it in and was arrested for not having a NY permit even if he had a FL permit. The term loaded does not mean bullets in chamber or even the clip in NY. If you have a gun in your secured case and a box of bullets inside it is considered loaded. Not that uncommon for people to be arrested for trying to legally check in a gun at this or JFK airport and being arrested for not having the state permit only to go to court and have it dismissed or lowered to disorderly conduct if you have the money for a good defense.

Or he could of easily been an idiot, who knows yet?

Exactly. And i know people will ask, "why does he have to carry a weapon to begin with," well the second amendment says you within reason and state laws. I'm not por-gun, but this is the law of the land, smh.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#53 : February 18, 2013, 06:01:36 PM

One issue that I thought of was how did the gun get to NY in the first place? Did he buy it up there and then try to take it on the plane or did he take it up and get through security and then on the way back it got picked up. FL concealed permits are not valid in NY. Does he have a concealed firearms license? Was it in a case of some kind?

I'm optimistic that this won't be a huge issue because of this line of thought. Assuming he brought it from Florida, it seems like he could have taken the same process to return to Florida, not knowing the laws were different in New York. If he bought it in New York and tried to bring it back without looking into the laws, well, then, he's an idiot in this situation.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#54 : February 18, 2013, 06:01:49 PM

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO

Bowers alerted police to the handgun in his bag when he checked in at the aitport, according to Queen's County spokesperson
Retweeted
    Favorite
    More

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 18, 2013, 06:02:25 PM

Thug - He has a concealed a gun, in a public place, for no reason. Its 2013 in 1856.

Yup.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#56 : February 18, 2013, 06:03:35 PM

Yea actually having a concealed weapon in a public place is completely legal, if you have the right permit. That doesn't make him a thug. The fact that he brought a loaded gun to an airport in New York, does however make him an idiot.

Even if its the scenario where he bought the gun in NY, tried to check it legally, had a box of ammo, and got arrested on some crazy NY rules - he's still an idiot in my book. I'm a gun owner and support gun rights. But this is just stupid.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : February 18, 2013, 06:05:20 PM

Well I'm going to cross my fingers and hope it turns out to be a big misunderstanding. If he bought in in New York and tried to check it, and was arrested simply for not knowing the laws...then this could end up being no big deal. It's hard to imagine, but it is possible there is a valid explanation. My immediate reaction was OMG how could he be that freaking stupid!??!?!?! but I will wait to see what the whole story. He just really doesn't seem like the type of guy to do this.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#58 : February 18, 2013, 06:05:34 PM

Bowers is the last Buc, after McCoy, I would expect something like this from. I'm willing to chalk this up as a dumb@s$ mistake until all the facts are released.

As for FA DEs, no to Avril, you really want to pay him 11mill per year? No thanks, and Krueger??? He's a freaking 3-4 pass rusher. We should have Freeney in the building as we speak if we are smart tho.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#59 : February 18, 2013, 06:07:08 PM

Even if its the scenario where he bought the gun in NY, tried to check it legally, had a box of ammo, and got arrested on some crazy NY rules - he's still an idiot in my book. I'm a gun owner and support gun rights. But this is just stupid.

Have you ever traveled with a gun? I'm not a gun owner and am curious about how he got it to New York in the first place and whether the laws could be different enough that what he legally did to get it on a flight from Florida to NY would have triggered the arrest in the return trip.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da-Quan Bowers Arrested « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools